Which do you think is safer?

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Leaving a baby in a rear facing infant carseat that they have outgrown or putting them forward facing in a convertable seat?

Sammie is 11 months old, weighs about 20 pounds and has less than an inch of room from her head to the top of her infant seat. We bought a Graco Nautilus this last weekend but it will not fit in our truck rear facing. Would you leave her in the outgrown infant seat a little longer or put her in the new seat forward facing?
December 16th, 2009, 06:03 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It would kill me, but if she's beyond the height or weight limit on her infant seat and the new one just would NOT turn rear facing, I'd turn her around. Proper fit in the seat is pretty important.

Hate that the new seat won't fit, though.
December 16th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy

December 16th, 2009, 08:41 AM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
It's safer for the baby to fit in a carseat properly. So in your case I would turn her around so she's properly harnessed in the carseat. Still a bummer that the carseat won't fit.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
December 16th, 2009, 09:08 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Agreed. We're running into this problem too
December 16th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I'm so stressed out about this. I'd love to keep her rear facing but she's out grown this seat and she HATES facing backwards, especially at night. I'd really like to be able to ride in the front seat with Chris. I know that's selfish of me and I'm not trying to put my enjoyment ahead of her saftey in anyway, shape or form. I'm just looking forward to the day where I don't have to lean over her seat with my boob hanging out to get home from town without her screaming the whole way. Audrey was the same way until we turned her and after that she's never cried once in her carseat.

The ladies on the carseat board suggested that we give Audrey this new seat and put Sam in Audrey's seat and keep it rear facing. I don't think it will fit and I really worry about doing that because when Audrey falls asleep in it her head REALLY hangs. I am SOOOO not comfortable putting Sammie in it where I can't see her with her head hanging so bad. She usually sleeps alot in the car (until it gets dark). That is just as much of a saftey issue as a crash.

UGH!!! I HATE THIS!

Last edited by Mountain~Mama; December 16th, 2009 at 09:23 AM.
December 16th, 2009, 10:22 AM
mommy_tu_2's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy_tu_2 Send a message via Yahoo to mommy_tu_2
i agree with what everyone else said, but if she is under a year old isnt it illegal to turn her around? i know it is here. (georgia)

Thank so much to Benevolent for my beautiful siggy!!! <3

December 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Maine actually doesn't have a rear facing law. It's not the law I'm concered about as much as her saftey.
December 16th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmama View Post
It would kill me, but if she's beyond the height or weight limit on her infant seat and the new one just would NOT turn rear facing, I'd turn her around. Proper fit in the seat is pretty important.

Hate that the new seat won't fit, though.

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

December 16th, 2009, 11:48 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel your frustration. I have no idea what to tell you, so I'm glad the others did

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
December 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
I'm with Kristin.. rather her be in a proper fitting seat.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
December 16th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your understanding, support and ideas. Not sure what we will do yet. She has a Dr appointment on Friday so we'll see what she weighs. I think we have a little leyway on that side of it.

Maybe we will just stay home forever and not have to worry about it.
December 16th, 2009, 06:34 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Uhhh that is tough I would put her forward facing in the seat she sits in, thats a terrible situation though!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
December 16th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That really stinks! From what Ive heard they need to fit properly in the seat wheter it is forward or rfing so I guess I would probably turn her around too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search