A look back at YOUR 2009

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Sum up your 2009 for us!
December 30th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Jan brought the birth of our second daughter, Samantha Grace. Although I wasn't happy about having a repeat c-section, my recovery was much easier than expected. Audrey welcomed her sister without any trouble and tandem nursing came naturally. Both sets of Grandparents traveled from Colorado for Sammie's birth. For once, everyone seemed to get along.

Most of the winter we stayed inside, Sammie had therapy twice a week to help strengthen her neck muscles. It was nice to have some company and some guidance from them.

In March Audrey went sledding for the first time. She had a blast.

Our spring and most of the summer was very rainy but we got outside as much as we could. I figured out that I could wear both girls at the same time very comfortably. Audrey was on my back in the Ergo and Sammie on my chest in the Moby. I may have looked crazy but both girls were happy little hitch hikers. We walked the waterfront path as often as we could.

In June, my sister and niece came to visit for a long weekend. It was so nice to see them. We had fun shopping and showing them the sights.

Once the weather warmed and dried up we went to the swimming pool almost everyday. Audrey LOVED the water and had fun playing with the other kids. We attempted Story time at the Library, some weeks Audrey enjoyed it, other weeks she was not interested in sitting still. She became a mater at the playground though and loves to swing and slide! We also attempted Geochaching for the first time with a good friend who had a GPS. It was fun but not so easy with 2 little one to lug though the woods.

August brought county fairs, too many county fairs. Chris said he'd be happy if he never went to another one again! Audrey loved all the animals though!

Chris's parents visited in October. It was as good of visit as can be expected. I also walked in my first Race for the Cure to honor 2 of my friends with breast cancer.

Audrey decided that Thanksgiving was the perfect time to start learning to use the potty. She's doing great as long as she's naked!

December brought Sammie's first steps and Audrey's 2nd birthday, which was fun to celebrate and one of the best Christmases we've ever had.

Last edited by Mountain~Mama; December 30th, 2009 at 09:27 AM.
December 30th, 2009, 07:47 AM
3xamommy's Avatar BFing, CDing mom of 3
Well let's see....

This year we had a lot of firsts....Emily's first words, steps, birthday....she grew from a tiny infant to a talking walking toddler. Anna celebrated her 2nd birthday March 29th and started dance classes for the first time this fall.

I quit my job in January to stay home, became a godmother to Abigail Kay in May, and celebrated my 30th birthday in July!

Aaron finished kindergarten and went on to start 1st grade. He loves school and has been active in soccer and basketball this year.

Doug has been same old Doug. Still plays hockey on Mondays, still selling insurance. He did become an elder in our church in january and heads up the congregational life committee.

THANKS *AMBER* FOR MY AWESOME SIGGIE!!!!!!
December 30th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Just being stay at home Mommy. Getting Alissa potty trained and having my baby grow up and turn one. Alissa did Soccer, Gymnastics and art class.

December 30th, 2009, 09:43 AM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
2009 brought Arianna turning 9..WOW.. hardly can believe that. Her ending her
first real year as student where grades really mean alot (state testing kicks in in
3rd grade) and she kicked butt! I watched her grow into more of a young lady and not such a little girl any more. While it was sad it was more exciting and rewarding than anything else

For Natalie she turned 4 and went to school (preschool) for the very first time, learned to write her name and really become a little girl and not a baby anymore.

2009 also brought me my very first classroom teaching job which has brought me stress, tears as well as lots of reflections and rewards as I touch the lives of 22 other children.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ

Last edited by LovinMyGirls; December 30th, 2009 at 09:45 AM.
December 30th, 2009, 11:16 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
In January, Rylan was born Giving us a boy and a girl, our perfect family (for now!). He was such a tiny baby, now he's walking around and looking more like a toddler everyday!

I was busy all winter planning out wedding, which happened in April, a beautiful day! For our honeymoon, we travelled to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee.

All through the year I've been in university, completed my second year studying psychology/criminology. And I'm now in third year.

We've moved three times, and finally found a place we want to stay for a while.

In September, my baby girl turned two. I don't know how she grew up so fast! She's talking non-stop and in great entertainment.

We had a lot of winter birthdays and then Rylan's first Christmas was amazing
December 30th, 2009, 01:16 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ricky and Sissy were potty trained. Javier hit all his firstsa and turned a year old in Aug. We got a van, so no more shoving 3 kids into the back of a tiy car, lol. Nothing really exciting.

December 30th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Gray Sea
OK! I will do this! But, right now I don't have time to sum up my year.
I'll update!
December 30th, 2009, 01:39 PM
hopesNdreams's Avatar Proud BF'ing Mama!!!
Wow this was a amazing idea Mel!! Love all of these storys!!!

Well I enjoyed watching Nevaeh grow in this year smiling, raspberries, rolling over, sitting up and now Walking!! I just love watching her play with her sisters and see her continue to grow and learn.. I also had the best year of Breastfeeing her, i doubted myself SOOO many times but i stuck with it and can say that i did it, I breastfed my daughter for her first year of life....that means a lot to me, she still nurses but only at night.. she is now on regular milk and eats everything She has one tooth and another coming in, yeah the teething is going rough but she looks sooo cute with teeeeth..

Ava turned 6 how the time is flying, my first baby is growing up sooo fast..She is in the first grade, and she loves school for her friends but she is reading better and loves to write..She is soo grown she has a MP3 we gave her for her birthday and she walks around listening to music, singing from the top of her lungs..lol I am enjoying her more now she loves to watch movies with me and she is just such a sweet little girl, i hope she stays that way... She is a great big sister to all her siblings, defends them and protects them... She is my little me, i see so much of me in her its kinda scary...She is a Girlie girl all the way she has to always be dressed up, she changes 34098387987 times a day and loves to be in skirts A little worried about the teenage years.

Zoey turned 3 and she is talking soooo much, TOO much she is a Chatterbox..She was the baby for so long and when Nevaeh came, i expected her to be really jealous and act out. She did awesome with it, she loves Nevaeh so much, they actually play really well together( most of the time) The only thing is that when Zoey has something that Vaeh wants Oh gosh she takes it..lol Which Zoey hates but she did the same thing to Ava so thats what she gets She is such a daddy's girl she totally adores her daddy which i am okay with..My poor baby she is such a clumpsy little girl, i always say how Ava hardly fell or got hurt, Well Zoey gets hurt daily She falls off the bed, bumps her head, stubs her toe, bites her tounge, its always something with her...I think she may grow to be my tomboy out of all of them...

As far as me and my dh,We are doing okay we have our ups and downs but we are still going strong.. i am still a SAHM hopefullly for a while longer..I know that it would help a lot if i was working but i cant tear myself away from my girls My dh may be working closer to home after the new year, which would be totally awesome! IL drama has gotten better..thank God cause it was pretty bad for a while.. We got a mini van this year which was great cause we totally needed it! I have gotten really close to my brother this year which i love, he lives in Florida but we talk on the phone basically everyday! My stepsons are here on the weekends which is sometimes okay and sometimes i had it out with there mama a couple of times and gave up on being social with her Oh well! My mom had a boyfriend that i could not stand!! But that is OVER so that is one of the best things that happened all year (long story) I made a FB this year and i sooo love it! Of course being apart of Mog's is awesome cause i have great friends on here!!! That is it i guess...loooking forward to a EVEN better "2010"

December 31st, 2009, 04:59 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well... lots of medical tests, a miscarriage, and finally a pregnancy... that sums it up

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
January 1st, 2010, 11:56 AM
Snowpeas
High highs and low lows. Found out I was pregnant in January - dh got laid off in March and was laid off for 7 months. Many financial struggles but we paid all of our bills - on time, not one late fee.

Moved into our home (just the upstairs though). Olivia turned two, and our beautiful baby boy was born
January 1st, 2010, 01:23 PM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
the only good thing to happen to me in 2009 was going to manchester to see my friend sharron who i met on jm and the birth of my baby girl.
the rest sucked!!!
hopefully this year will be much better but so far its filled with the same rubbish

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!
January 1st, 2010, 03:56 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
2009 had a lot of ups and downs for us.

Jan I said goodbye to Kyle for 6 months.

Feb I admitted that I needed to go home for help with the kids

March I got my IUD removed and started feeling much like myself again.

April I came home for a bit to spend a week with my BFF in WA. We drove back to CA together and I stayed there until June.

May David turned 2.

June We welcomed home Kyle

July We made some friends

August not much happened

September we went to CA at the end of September and beginning of October to Celebrate Katelynn's 1st birthday

October Nothing much going on

November our beautiful daughter turned 1

December had an amazing month got our orders to move to CA and Christmas with our family.

I cant wait to see what 2010 brings our family!

January 1st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
2009 was a wonderful year for us! ( hope 2010 is just as good if not better for us )

I loved being a Stay at home mommy so i can watch my babies grow up ( which they grow up so fast )!!!

took a vacation up north to visit family that i hadnt seen in along time and friends

Kevin got a promotion at work ( Aldi ) he was assistant manager and got promoted to boss of his very own brand new store and he is doing an amazing job running the store and th $12,000 raise he got helped us SO much!

planned my twin sisters wedding which turned out amazing!

I lost 56lbs in 2009 and ran/walked my 1st 5k run last month!

I am sure there is much more to share but just cant think of it at the moment

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
January 1st, 2010, 06:31 PM
twingirls52905's Avatar loving my new baby boy
Send a message via Yahoo to twingirls52905
This is what I can think of....

We started our addition (2 bedroom/1 bath) in the spring.
Took a trip to STL in March. Got to meet Colleen and her girls!
My aunt passed away in April and the girls and I made a trip to STL to the funeral. This was very hard for me b/c we were very close.
The girls turned 4 in May. We also celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in May.
Abby had her tonsils taken out in June and Izzy had one of her tubes replaced.
The girls and I went to STL on vacation in July. Went to alot of fun places there, Six Flags, the ballgame, zoo, etc. Met up with Colleen and her kids again!! I turned 29 in July.
The girls went to their first VBS this summer, actually to 2 of them.
The girls started pre-school in August.
Jamie turned 34 in October. The girls got Harvest Festival Queen(s) for their school and got to ride in the school's Homecoming Parade. We moved into the new addition in October...us new bedroom/bathroom and the girls new bedroom.
My sis and her family came down for Thanksgiving.
Abby had her tubes replaced right before Christmas. We had a good Christmas here and then went to STL after Christmas for a few days to visit my family up there.
I lost 25 lbs from Aug-Dec.

Last edited by twingirls52905; January 2nd, 2010 at 12:15 PM.
January 1st, 2010, 10:02 PM
mommy_tu_2's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy_tu_2 Send a message via Yahoo to mommy_tu_2
oh i love reading these!!

lets see...

Jan.-I quit my job at the daycare (I had been there 2 years)

Feb.-I got the job that I had before the daycare back, hannah had her 5th seizure, brian proposed, we moved into apartments

march- i quit my job, lol, and decided to be a stay at home mom when we found out i was pregnant, brian and I got married

april- brian started playing in the praise band at the church

may- brian got a better job (the one he has now) we found out we were having a girl

june- started looking for houses closer to brians job

july- moved into our house (renting), i started teaching the 3-6 year old children's church class, went tubing for the first time, lots of fun.

august- my baby girl turned 3!!! i applied for child support from hannah's dad, we became youth leaders at the church, i finally stopped throwing up everyday

september- nothing much happened

october- i turned 21, brian turned 21, miss catielynn was born

november- catielynn rolled over

december- catielynn started laughing

looking forward to 2010!

Thank so much to Benevolent for my beautiful siggy!!! <3

January 2nd, 2010, 10:01 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's see in February I found out I was pregnant again with #2.

May I celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary.

August celebrated breana's 2nd birthday

October my son was born and my family is complete.

November and December celebrated Xcander's first Christmas and Thanksgiving

Let's see in February I found out I was pregnant again with #2.

May I celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary.

August celebrated breana's 2nd birthday

October my son was born and my family is complete.

November and December celebrated Xander's first Christmas and Thanksgiving

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 2nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Started off the year pregnant. Kieran' flipped breech sometime between my 34week u/s and my 35week u/s and never turned back even after trying home methods. Kieran was born via c-section on April 8th, she was footling breech.
Nana died on May 27th.
My middle brother got married on July 18th...Seamus' birthday and we weren't allowed to go to the wedding because his wife's parents controlled it and decided they would get married in New Mexico where their family is from, knowing that my brothers family couldnt' afford to go
August started cloth diapering
September 3rd wedding anni
and the last part of the year Kierans' first holiday's

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search