mom of 2+ girls

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2009, 08:38 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ive always said that all i want is a healthy baby because i have a boy and a girl..lately ive been leaning towards hoping for a girl..i love cute little dresses,painting nails/toenails,tutus, etc...while i was fixing jessies clothes and i changed her room around i realized jessie might not be my only little girl soon..i dont know how to explain how im feeling i guess in away i feel bad because it might not just be her nails im painting anymore or her just her hair im doing does that make sense?..heck i might not even have a girl..in my head i already have her "big girl" bedroom planned out but never thought about adding another girl into the room..im soo excited to put wal shelves up for her trophies and metals etc ..maybe im not making sense and just over emotional right now..

whether i have a boy or girl i will be extremely EXCITED..im sure if i have a girl i wont be feeling this way..but has anyone else?

December 31st, 2009, 08:52 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(usually just lurk)

I feel the same way. I have my beautiful little daughter and then SUPRISE I'm preggo again. I really hoped it'd be a girl, but on the same hand I'm afraid of the same things you are. I don't want Carrieto miss out on being special because we had another little pink baby.

We're already doing everything in our power to make sure they're individual. (even if theyhave to share a room, one side will be ballet/dance, the other butterflies). I want to make surethey each get individual mommy time and get to enjoy their OWN activities (like if one shows more intrest in gymnastics than dance, or sports or whatever each want to do individually). I'm desperately trying to make sure neither of them feels like I bunch them together, if that makes sense. (DD#2 will have very few hand me downs for the same reason).

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
December 31st, 2009, 09:10 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I know what you mean. I kind of worried about the same things when i found out I was pregnant with Rylan. But, as long as you don't try to make them the same person, I don't think they'll feel like they aren't special. Two of my best friends were sisters only a year apart and they were very different. They shared a room the entire time they were growing up but each got to decorate/furnish their own half, etc.
December 31st, 2009, 11:08 AM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
I wanted another little girl once I had Arianna too, same as you love the little girlie things. I try my hardest to keep their things seperate and let them have their own identities. Mine have a age difference but they choose their own clothes, decorate their own room and make their own choices for activities etc.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
December 31st, 2009, 03:01 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how you feel.

When I was pregnant with Xander I was hoping I was having a boy but almost wished for a girl cause then Breana would have a sister and I would have all her clothes to use.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

December 31st, 2009, 06:01 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have four girls and they are all completely different. I couldn't push them in the same direction if I tried. Some girls might like the same things and some won't. Just let them develop their own personalities and it'll be fine.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
January 1st, 2010, 05:37 AM
madmum_sarah's Avatar formally sarah_the_sane_1
i totally understand. sadie was my only girl and was going to be my last child so she got all the attention from everyone.
then i found im pregnant again to a man who has only boys so i didnt think too much about it. when i gave birth to a baby girl i was totally in shock and then it kicked in that sadie wouldnt be my only girl anymore.
luckily sadie ADORES her baby sister and now she wants me to have another one this time. im trying to tell her it may be a boy but she is having none of it! lol
i think they tend to adjust pretty easy and its always more fun having girls days with more than one little girl

Friends are the family you choose yourself and I love my JM sisters!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search