Molars?

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 1 Post By kerian

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How was your girl/g when they cut their 1 year molars? I'm going to x-post from my PR as there are not as many mamas there now and so I can get more opinions.

Kynslee has been throwing up all day today but mainly just mucus except this morning was a little bit of breakfast but not much (sorry if tmi). And, after she throws up she seems fine. She threw up twice last Friday but then didn't anymore until today, so a week later. I though it was another ear infection but she went to her pedi Wednesday (the 9th) for her normal 15 month check-up and he said her ears were fine and that everything else seemed great. But, he did state that she's cutting her molars. So, could the throwing up possibly be from the molars? She has no fever just throwing up, a bad runny nose and a nasty sounding cough and her lungs are clear. It just seems weird that's she's overall acting normal until she throws up then she kinda whines and wants to be held for a bit then is her normal self within minutes and wants to run around again What do you mamas think?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
January 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Teething can cause throwing up for 2 reasons. 1 being that teething makes your nose run and can cause post nasal drip. 2 that teething can cause kids to not properly chew food and can cause throwing up. I also know that colds are more common when teething since kids put their hands in their mouths more.

All that said it sounds like you little one has the post nasal drip part. With my kids i used an all natural sleep aid and a half a dose of benedryl at night and it helped alot. They got sleep and the benedryl helped with the mucus.

I hope this helps and i hope she feels better soon.
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.
January 11th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much bcogoli (sorry, don't know your name). I was thinking of doing benedryl but didn't know if safe for 15 months or if they need to be over 2? Kynslee is on the smaller side and just now hit 19 pounds.
January 11th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im Beth.

For 10-20lbs it is 2.5 ml (1/2tsp). My son is very allergic to milk and at about 2 he had a bad reaction and he was probably about 25lbs and the doctor had me give him 2 tsp so i personaly would think she would do fine with the 2.5ml. You can always ask your doctor for a dosing.
January 11th, 2013, 06:47 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'very never had issues with the throwing up, but all of my kids have gotten colds while teething.. I hope you find a solution soon so she can feel better!
January 12th, 2013, 09:11 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
poor little baby!

Kyla was an easy teether so we never got any signs she was teething.

i hope she cuts them soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

January 12th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee is feeling lots better today - yea!!! I figured she was feeling better when this morning she ate almost 4 pancakes (double what I ate). She still a little mucus but lots better. One tooth has cut through So only 1 more to go!!! I'm thinking it was just the teeth since she seems fine today. I just hope she stays feeling good.
kerian likes this.
January 13th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wahoo!!!!! Im so glad she is doing better. Enjoy your happy girl!
January 13th, 2013, 09:52 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay for one breaking through. hopefully the other pops through soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

January 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM
IceAngel8381's Avatar Wendy~~Mommy To Eva
Send a message via AIM to IceAngel8381 Send a message via Yahoo to IceAngel8381
Eva was a little under a year when she got hers....she had alot of teeth come in at one time. Baby Orajel worked, as well as popcicles.

A special thank you to Amber for the awesome siggy!! You ROCK!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search