Potty Training

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So, I have some questions. When did you mamas PT your girl/s?
How long did it take?
Did you train them on a child's potty or did you buy a smaller seat that goes on the actual toilet or just use the regular toilet seat?

If you trained on a child's potty and not an actual toilet, did you have trouble with them adjusting to the regular toilet?

I'm wondering as I'm thinking of trying to start training Kynslee this Summer. She's not ready yet and not showing signs but I'm wanting to buy either a child's potty or a toddler seat that attaches to the actual toilet seat pretty soon. I'm hoping that if she sees it she'll start wanting to at least sit on one or the other. I put her on the actual toilet seat a few times and she's just scared. She's really petite and the normal seat is so big for her tiny bottom You ladies have any suggestions?

Just an FYI - I'm not going to try and force Kynslee into training if she's not ready. I just want a seat or potty option available for when she's ready and to try and encourage her to possibly start. I'm asking now as I want to possibly try and buy something at the JBF sale we are going to.
March 13th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im currently potty training my little girl. She is 2.5 and mostly potty trained. We had all the stuff for it because my son is 4. My DD loves being able to do it herself so i put her in pull ups a few months prior to full potty training. She can now go potty all by herself! We use an on the toilet seat and a potty chart. When she fills her chart she gets a small toy. I like the on the toilet seat because i keep one in the car and that helps keep potty consistent even when were out. Good luck!!!
March 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I had a potty when my oldest was small, but both she and Rylan preferred the seat that goes on the regular toilet. Neither of them trained until they we're three but with both of them it was there decision and they trained instantly (for both days and nights) and I could count on one hand the number of accidents since!
March 14th, 2013, 10:21 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i potty trained (well toilet trained Kyla), when she was 2.5.
i was home on leave when we did it which helped.
on Day 1, we put her straight in big girl panties and i kept asking her if she needs to use the potty, like every 15 mins. she had only 1 accident that day.
Day 2, she decided she didnt want the potty and wanted the big girl toilet. luckily we had the little seat with steps already. and then i kept reminding her to go if she needs to wee.
Day 3, she started going by herself and i didnt need to remind her anymore.

luckily for us, she had seen other kids in her daycare being potty trained so it def helped us.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

March 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I ended up buying the seat that goes on the toilet. The little potty that I wanted made noises and such and we knew it'd end up being more of a toy then trying to learn to got the bathroom. And, I don't have to clean the messes in the small potty this way - LOL!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search