~*~ Wonderful Winter Exercises ~*~

Fit Friends

Fitness club for UK and Ireland Mummies. Monthly healthy recipe and exercise challenges. Share tips, support, encouragement and advice for weight loss, exercise and diet regimes.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fit Friends LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Post in here if you have any more tips or winter exercises or want to comment on a workout using one of the above!

Here are some winter exercise tips - exercises which are ideal for the season and the correct way to warm up at this time of year.
Winter Exercise Tips

Top 11 Winter Workouts:
Winter Workouts and Exercises - That's Fit

Top 10 Indoor Exercise Ideas:
Top 10 Indoor Exercise Ideas for Winter - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

And here are my suggestions.

1. Walking!

I love walking in the autumn and winter. The air is bracing and nature can be so pretty - the colourful leaves followed by the sparkly frost and snow. You get so warm walking, too. I say ditch the car and go by foot if it's in walking distance, and carry on taking trips to your nearest parks, woods, and even beaches. We don't stop having picnic days out just because it's cold - after all, you can always eat your sandwiches in the car.

2. Playing Wii / video games

Any of the dance, sport or exercise games will do! If you're having family over during the festive season, break out the Wii (or similar) and have family tournaments. Or if you're going to the seaside to see the illuminations, stop off at the arcade and find one of those dance machines to make a fool of yourself on!

3. Sex!

(Incidentally, only rated third because you need your partner to be around and willing to do it - NOT because I'd rather walk or play Wii!) You burn SO many calories during sex! Insist on being on top to boost your calorie burn, lol.

4. Shopping!

oh yes. Treat yourself to some retail therapy - think how far you walk if you walk around an entire mall (if similar to the Trafford Centre, that would be some walk) or town centre. If you get the bus there instead of driving, you'll do even more walking to and from the bus stop. It can be mostly window shopping if you're strapped for cash, and treat yourself to something GOOD and PAMPERING (eg Lush instead of Thornton's lol). Think healthy choices for lunch, though - not McDonalds or Burger King!

5. Get decorative!

Over autumn and winter, we have in close succession Hallowe'en, Bonfire Night, Christmas (or Yule), and New Year (or Hogmanay). If you decorate your house for each one, think how much exercise you could get walking around shops to buy decorations, climbing stepladders, stretching, reaching, and fetching while actually decorating, and same again to take it all down. For added fun and workout, why not MAKE some of your own decorations as well? Pumpkin carving can be quite an exertion if you have quite a thick pumpkin!
Post if you take any of these tips and post any of your own! We will start up an exercise of the month proper in the New Year when a few more of us are able.

September 29th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I like the idea of jumping rope from the second link. I may try and get a skipping rope. Would have to wrap up and do it in the garden though, with all Michaela's paraphernalia and Daniel's toys there isn't room to swing a cat in the house.

Not til I get the all-clear to exercise from the nurse of course!! Before anyone tells me off.

October 1st, 2012, 03:53 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can highly recommend the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD (great for winter or summer workouts really as it's done indoors). It only needs 20 minutes of your time each day and believe me by the end of the 30 days you will have lost inches and toned up!

October 1st, 2012, 06:01 AM
Lol I wouldn't be able to do an intensive programme until after Christmas now, but I'll bear it in mind. Too much nice stuff to eat with Hallowe'en, Bonfire Night, Yule, Chrimbo!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search