2012 Course - Activity 6: Prayer Ripples

Our Spiritual Notebook

Join our online spiritual workshops and courses. Browse the Spiritual Living Library for articles and information on all things spiritual, from angels and energy healing to past lives and the paranormal.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By *PurpleMidnight*
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 1 Post By Sacred Silence

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Spiritual Notebook LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
OK so I ended up skipping last week as I just had a bad week and by the time I felt better and up to JM stuff again, I was so behind on the boards I host, and by the time I wasn't, it was almost Wednesday again! Sorry.

However I have also noticed quite a lot of ladies on the course are not yet up to activity 5 (myself included - hoping to remedy that during half-term week as Daniel is spending some of the week with his dad) and also that one or two course participants are also having a hard time and preoccupied with other things. So this week's is going to be a pretty low-key and easy one.

Prayer Ripples (will x-post this one in the Prayer & Devotion Group thread)
This is a suggested structure for prayer recommended by such spiritual authors as James Redfield (The Celestine Prophecy etc). Its power derives not from set words but from the fact that the protagonist is sending love through their prayer to others in the world.

When you pray, let your prayer have 3 ripples.

The first ripple should be about yourself. Ask for help with one thing you need help with yourself. Feel free to elaborate but try to stick to one request at once. (Clearly in times of crisis this may not be possible). Balancing it with a "thankyou" for a previously answered prayer or surprise blessing, however small, will be even more powerful.

The second ripple should be about your loved ones - your friends and family. This could either be specific requests for specific people - as many different people as you like - or a general prayer for strength, hope, peace, comfort etc for everyone you love. Again it is good to include "thankyous" for any previously answered prayers on their behalf.

The third ripple should be about the world - people you don't necessarily know. This could either be a prayer for help for a specific situation, such as people involved in a natural disaster, accident, famine, war, or living in the third world; or it could be a general prayer, for example for world peace, earth healing, hope or evolution for all mankind. "Thankyous" may not be relevant here but can be included if there is genuine reason to.

Compounding all of this with a set prayer such as the Lord's Prayer, the Hail Mary, the Prayer of St Francis or the Serenity Prayer adds even more power to your prayerfulness since the set words which have been repeated by many people before you already hold a "charge". However this is optional.

Try a ripple prayer this week, and let us know here what you prayed for. And do feed back if your prayers are answered or you receive a sign that they will be - especially if this happens more swiftly or clearly than usual.

February 15th, 2012, 10:02 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am thankful for all my family and loved ones that are alive and healthy

Please continue to keep myself, loved ones (especially Phelix, Noah, Isaac, Zoey and Sam), alive, happy and healthy

Many thoughts, love and light to Hillarie and her family and help them somehow find a cure for Dan. Help Dan.

Blessed be.

February 16th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Very simple honey, and very nice. I did this this morning (yes, I actually did an activity! ) - I prayed for myself and the baby to stay healthy and safe; I prayed for everyone on the prayer list; and I prayed for the continued evolution of all of humanity.

February 16th, 2012, 04:28 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually did some more on the way home tonight too.....

1. For Rebecca to continue to "bake" her 2 little miracles until at least 36 weeks and for them to be born healthy and well.

2. for you (sharon) to have a healthy and great pregnancy and birth

3. for all those whom are suffering around the world for some reason, to be able to feel and have some happiness everyday
Carwen*Angel likes this.

February 16th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im thankful for my family and the support they always provide. I pray for strength and courage to be there for those in my life who need me, and for clarity through the conflicts. I pray for my cousin, that she will continue a healthy pregnancy, be supported by the babys father, and find her place in this city. I pray for those in the world who feel lost and hopeless, that they may feel love and support, and find hope that things can get better.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
February 28th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did this one today.

I expressed gratitude for the answered prayer that brought Emerson into my life. Also expressed gratitude for my whole family. Prayed for healing for a certain situation in my life.

Sent prayers out to my extended family and to my GS sisters for peace and health and strength. So thankful to have all of you in my life. You are all a gift.

For the world I just sent out prayers for good things for the world in general and relief to those who are suffering.

Felt so good.. I'm going to do it again tonight!
Shades of Grey likes this.

February 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been repeating this one too

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search