Chakras 101

Our Spiritual Notebook

Join our online spiritual workshops and courses. Browse the Spiritual Living Library for articles and information on all things spiritual, from angels and energy healing to past lives and the paranormal.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By stucklikeglue
  • 1 Post By james585
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Spiritual Notebook LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
As requested, the first in a series of posts for beginners recycled from old information posts - this one is originally from 2007 with a little additional extra from me.

Chakras are energy centers in your auric field and as such are the gateway into your whole body and aura. 'Chakra' is the Sanskrit word for wheel, and this is one way of visualising your chakras and how they work. Imagine that when they are in balance, they spin smoothly drawing in positive, white light energy and sending out negative energy.

We have seven major chakras in our bodily auric field.

ROOT OR BASE
This is located actually just beneath your genitals and between your legs. It governs life force, blood, circulation, grounding, courage, strength and vitality. It's the only chakra to point downwards rather than outwards. Black is also a root ray.

SACRAL
This is located just beneath your navel. It governs sexuality, sexual organs, fluid functions, reproduction, friends and friendships, and sociability.

SOLAR PLEXUS

This is located just above your navel. It governs your point of balance - when we say we feel balanced and centered our solar plexus is working well. It also governs levels of energy, happiness, abundance and flow of chi.

HEART
This is truly your center and is sometimes called the heart center, located over your physical heart. It governs heartache and love alike, as well as chest afflictions, aches and pains around the neck and shoulders, problems with the physical heart and lungs, stress and anxiety. Pink is also a heart ray.

THROAT
This is located at the base of your physical throat and governs communication, creativity, the physical throat, sinus problems, laryngitis, etc. Working with the throat chakra can also increase your ability to channel and help you speak your truth.

THIRD EYE
This is really your spiritual center. Located in between your physical eyes and many believe we also have a fourth, fifth, sixth and even more spiritual/inner eyes. It governs your spirituality and spiritual vision and psychic ability, as well as headaches, concentration, migraine, depression, insomnia and nightmares.

CROWN
This is the point of divine connection. It's the gateway to your upper chakras and located at the center point of the top of your head. It's the only chakra to point upwards rather than outwards, and receives Divine energy. It governs your spiritual connection and faith as well as mental agility and intelligence. Clear/white is also a crown ray.

We have many other chakras, for example in the palms of our hands, an 'immune' chakra between the heart and throat chakra, and many chakras extending up and down through our energy fields, the first below the base being the earth star chakra and the first above being the soul star chakra which we are able to work with as we may sometimes 'feel' them within our auras when not extended.

Some people can *see* auras and chakras, but if you can't you can still work on them and heal and develop them. Visualisation is a powerful tool, as is sensing and feeling to diagnose ruptures or problems. You can also work with energies associated to each chakra or ask for angel healing on your chakras.

Exercise:

Which of the above chakras do you think you need to work on to feel more balanced and whole?

"Test" whether you are right by rubbing your hands together, then feeling the bodily area around that chakra. Can you feel any resistance, stickiness, heat, icy cold, electric charge, or negative gut feeling?

You can balance this chakra by carrying a crystal or wearing something of the appropriate colour ray.

Do post/share any further information, questions, or reactions to the exercise.

October 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sharron, when doing the exercises and feeling the hot/cold/icy/electric charge etc.. what does that mean? how do I make them more powerful or balanced?
Carwen*Angel likes this.

January 23rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
I use binaural beats and crystal bowls, theyhelp me tune my chakras.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
January 23rd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Angi - it just means you're feeling/sensing them. Different people feel different things around a chakra. I feel a charge/buzz and usually a warmth. For me, if it feels icy, I take that as an imbalance and would use an appropriate crystal to balance it.

james585, welcome to Spiritual Living - please do feel free to stick around and make other posts on the board!
stucklikeglue likes this.

Tags
spiritual living , spirituality 101

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search