Crystals 101

Our Spiritual Notebook

Join our online spiritual workshops and courses. Browse the Spiritual Living Library for articles and information on all things spiritual, from angels and energy healing to past lives and the paranormal.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 2 Post By Mountain~Mama
  • 2 Post By Shades of Grey
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 2 Post By Mountain~Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Spiritual Notebook LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Why work with crystals?

I believe that crystals, as every part of nature, vibrate to their own frequency and have a living energy about them, and I believe that their properties which are contained within their energy signature can be used for healing or self-development purposes. My understanding over time and from my own experience has shown me that crystals also act as 'amplifiers' for the healing light of our own love, not only projecting it outwards with a gentle force towards the subject of our healing (or to wherever healing needs to go in our own energy field) but teaching us the art of unconditional love. Crystals have very different properties, and some crystals have an abundance of them.

Choosing crystals

I think it would be fair to say that you don't choose crystals, crystals choose you. Someone may have recommended a particular crystal to you to use, or one may catch your eye in a shop. It may shine a bit brighter, have intriguing colours or patterns, 'feel' good to you in its energy, or seem to be speaking to you. Trust your intuition, because every time I have been adopted by a crystal and didn't know why, the reason has been revealed eventually. Some of the most popular crystals to begin your journey have very desirable properties.

This would be a good set for a beginner:
  • Rose quartz - for healing heartache, relationshop and self-esteem issues, or easing effects of physical or emotional trauma
  • Amethyst - for protection, psychic and spiritual development, sleep /insomnia / nightmare regulation and easing headaches
  • Citrine - for joy, abundance, luck and a boost of energy
  • Angelite (anhydrite) or Blue lace agate - brilliant beginners' angel stones which will help connect you to the angelic realms and may promote lucid or symbolic dreams
  • Smoky quartz or hematite - for grounding and protection to underpin any spiritual work, and can also ease foot/ankle aches and pains
  • Aventurine - a gentle stone for physical healing - those who have already undertaken some spiritual development may prefer the slightly more vigorous malachite
  • Clear quartz - the master healer
Looking after crystals

If you decide to acquire any crystals, understand that you are their "earth keeper" and are responsible for keeping their energies vibrant and clean. It's important to dedicate all your crystals to the highest good, as you don't know what has happened to the crystals before they were in your care. It's also important to cleanse them regularly, and particularly before and after using them in any way, as they can absorb negative energy and transfer this to you. Most crystals can be cleansed with water, although soft crystals like angelite and selenite can't as they would wear away. Alternatives are smoke, such as from incense sticks, which you can smudge the crystals with; fire, I usually do this by placing 4 tea light candles in a square around any crystals needing cleansing; or sound, which could be beautiful music, a bell such as a Mayan bell or Indian bell, or nature sounds either on a CD or in your garden. To keep their energies particularly vibrant and "ready to play", you can also charge your crystals. I use sunlight in summer, moonlight on a full moon or thunderstorms in colder weather. I usually lie out all my crystals on the windowsill to absorb these energies.

Working with crystals safely

These are ways I would recommend as safe to work with crystals with no training or knowledge of your own, although if you're interested in crystals and are attracted to them anyway, it would probably be interesting to you to read some of the literature and begin to practice more complex methods as your knowledge grows. Carrying a crystal is always safe. Where you carry it depends on the crystal and your own intuition. It could be your purse, particularly if you want them to attract abundance to you such as tiger's eye or citrine. It could be in your pocket so you can hold it in your hand, particularly if you're using it for strength or comfort, such as rose quartz or aventurine. Or it could be worn as jewellery, particularly if you want to integrate a particular crystal energy, or use it for protection of your energy field such as amethyst or pyrite. Placing them around your house to attract certain energies is also safe. I always have amethyst by the computer to deflect harmful emissions, and I might put rose quartz or fluorite out if there have been tensions at home
. You can also attune to a crystal by holding it in your receiving hand (the opposite to your writing hand) building up the length of time incrementally up to no longer than about 40 minutes, which would be a full meditation with the stone. This is great for assimilating its energy and you might have some interesting experiences to share if using this method!

I hope this is helpful! Please post with any questions.

July 22nd, 2012, 09:14 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
This is so helpful Sharron! You're always full of information and I love it

Just curious. When dedicating your crystals to the highest good, is there anything you should say? Or do?

Thanks love!
July 23rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
Make it your own, but I say something like:

"From this point on, I now dedicate this crystal to the highest good, and fill it with my love, light and compassion."
MidnightMaiden likes this.

January 27th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I bought 2 (I think) rose quartz today. One to keep for myself and one for Chris. I doubt he will believe in it's powers but I thought I'd get one for him anyway. I'm not sure how to go about it though. Should I just give it to him and let him do with it what he will? Should I place it by his bedside, under his pillow? Put it in his coat pocket? In his truck? I want to attract his love to ME and not attract some one else's love to him - I know - free will. But I want to do this so it's in my favor. On one hand I'd like to put it in his truck so that he feels my love when he is away but that's when I worry about him attracting love from someone else. Am I reading too much into this? Am I completely crazy? Because I feel like I"m losing my mind and grasping at some silly love spell.

Are these rose quartz? The children's museum was selling polished stone and thats what the lady said these were.

Well I ended up just giving it to him because my little one said "Mommy bought you a rock today" so I gave it to him told him that it's rose quartz and that it's for healing and love. He said thank you and seemed like he meant it. I told him to keep it with him and he said he would, it's laying next to his keys so he can take it with him to work tomorrow.

Last edited by Mountain~Mama; January 27th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
January 28th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep thats rose quartz. I think Id see what he decides to do with, where he keeps it. If he asks, Id suggest his pocket or truck, like you said.

Last year I gave my husband several stones in effort to heal and grow. He kept them in his pocket while at work, and in the car. I told him why I chose each one. They all have multiple functions, but I believe the intent with which they are given is the strongest.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Last edited by Shades of Grey; January 28th, 2013 at 08:34 AM.
January 28th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This makes me want to go clean, charge, and rededicate the ones I gave him...

Is this something I can do on my own, or does he need to be involved since I gave them to him?

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Last edited by Shades of Grey; January 28th, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
January 28th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Mel - I agree with Ashleigh, your intent in giving him the stone is what the stone will help with.

I might actually be tempted to give him an amethyst as well if I were you hun, the stone of protection.

Using crystals isn't really a spell, and I would keep away from any spells that would compromise Chris' free will.

Ashleigh - you can do it yourself. He doesn't need to be involved.

January 28th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Thank you so much ladies, I really appreciate your advice and I was only kidding about the love spell...
January 29th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Good. Nothing wrong with love spells per se of course as long as they follow the "rules" and you know what you're doing with them.

Tags
spiritual living

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search