How did you tell your hubby or S/o?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By Oilfield_Wife
  • 2 Post By phantomsgrl11
  • 1 Post By Sk8ermaiden
  • 2 Post By LifesGood
  • 8 Post By Melliesbelly
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Super Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
how did you tell your s/o or hubby that you were pregnant?

My Kiddos
Chloe (14),
Benjamin (9)
Logan (6), Kaitlin (3)

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
September 27th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Oilfield_Wife's Avatar TTC#3
I haven't told him yet. He is on a boat in the middle of the gulf. When I go pick him up at the airport I am gonna tape a digi and a sign that says "congrats daddy" to the steering wheel
edgeofelise and phantomsgrl11 like this.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy**

September 27th, 2012, 04:09 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I peed on the stick then ran and woke him up at 6:30 in the morning waving a pee soaked stick in his face. "I see a line?!" LOL It was too funny. To his credit he jumped up and ran to the window to see if he too saw it. =)

September 27th, 2012, 06:08 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just came out of the bathroom and told him and had him look at the test...lol....not exciting...
September 27th, 2012, 07:27 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I randomly took a test 5 days before my period, thinking it would be negative like usual. But a faint line showed up and I immediately ran to DH's office and had him examine it with me. lol. We had a chemical pregnancy 2 months ago so we've been pretty nervous but now that the line is super dark and my period isn't here, we feel much better.

September 27th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had intended to keep it from him for a while. In February, literally the day after I told him I miscarried. I wanted to be a little farther in. But I was so excited I couldn't help it and all my mommy intuition is screaming that this is a sticky one. I sure hope I am right!! We were lying in bed and I was like, Guess what? I'm pregnant! It was like 3 days after my positive test.

September 27th, 2012, 11:47 PM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't told him yet! He's gone at work till oct 8th so I'll wait and tell him when he gets home! This is number 3 and we defiantly weren't trying, but obviously not being too careful, although I was secretly hoping for one more!! I just hope this is a sticky baby, I've lost one in between each of my children, so I'm praying this one will break that cycle. I'm due June 6th and my g'day is June 8th so fingers crossed for a healthy bay present!!
September 28th, 2012, 12:22 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i dressed my DD in a shirt that said I love being a big sis, with a big sis bow in her hair

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

September 28th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was pretty nervous about telling him as this was unplanned and he had been adamant about waiting another year before trying. Luckily, he was happy once he found out. We also had a chemical pregnancy is June, so the excitement is a bit subdued and probably will be until our first u/s at 7 weeks.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
September 28th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I made this little card:

And taped the digi inside:

I swear, he was grinning from ear to ear.

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

September 28th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Super Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
awww I love the card
and ha ha you put the stick in his face!

I couldn't keep mine a secret either!

My Kiddos
Chloe (14),
Benjamin (9)
Logan (6), Kaitlin (3)

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
September 28th, 2012, 10:18 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was honestly CERTAIN I wasn't pregnant, but we were in the 2WW and I texted DH today and asked him to bring home a test just so we could stop thinking about it. I was completely shocked to see a dark line pop up instantly. I walked out of the bathroom white as a ghost and told him. Just like last time, he was nonchalant but really happy. Cool as a cucumber.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

September 29th, 2012, 10:38 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
My fiance is a huge scrabble fan (as am I!). I actually usually kick his butt because I play some obscure/big words. Well I took my test while DF was away for work for two days. So when he got home, I challenged him to a game of Scrabble. It was tough, but pretty much every word I played (when I could) was baby-related. I played "test" "bottle" "push" "cry" "baby" and finally "preg". He was all "'preg' isn't a word......Wait...." and then he finally put two and two together LOL. He'd been confused as to why I was playing three-letter and four-letter words! The look of confusion and then dawning hope on his face was priceless! He was so happy - picked me up and spun me and kept saying "are you sure?" So cute!
October 1st, 2012, 06:20 AM
These are sweet stories! Like one other poster I woke my OH by shoving a stick in his face. He was catious and concerned, we mc'd in march at 11 weeks so he's now walking on egg shells worrying, I took the mc quite hard and he's concerned about me going through that again. But more lately he's been touching my stomach and is starting to talk about it. And personally I feel braver knowing what it's like to mc, dreading it, but knowing I can get through it.
October 5th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mary N Oscar
Dh was at work. I told him i had a surprise for him when he got home. He asked what it was. Then insisted I tell him now. So I sent him a picture of the test. He said "youre preggo?" I said "yup". When he came home he was kissing all over my belly.

7/23/069/4/088/5/1210/5/12

October 5th, 2012, 05:48 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
We were going to start trying to get pregnant in December... i started feeling some waves of nausea when i was a day late for my period so I decided to just be sure and take a pregnancy test since we were not exactly being to safe....i bought a cheap one at the dollar General and then I took my 2 year old to McDonald's for lunch. By the time we got there I was so curious to find out I decided I would just take the test AT MCDONALDS!! Lol.....i did and at first no line showed so I went to wash my hands but when I returned, there it was!! Big and dark.... my heart was pounding and I couldn't even eat after that. I let mason eat and play while I texted a picture of the test to my DH!! Lol ...he was shocked but excited!!
Mary N Oscar likes this.
October 5th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mary N Oscar
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 View Post
We were going to start trying to get pregnant in December... i started feeling some waves of nausea when i was a day late for my period so I decided to just be sure and take a pregnancy test since we were not exactly being to safe....i bought a cheap one at the dollar General and then I took my 2 year old to McDonald's for lunch. By the time we got there I was so curious to find out I decided I would just take the test AT MCDONALDS!! Lol.....i did and at first no line showed so I went to wash my hands but when I returned, there it was!! Big and dark.... my heart was pounding and I couldn't even eat after that. I let mason eat and play while I texted a picture of the test to my DH!! Lol ...he was shocked but excited!!
At least Im not the only one who texted their DH lol!

7/23/069/4/088/5/1210/5/12

Last edited by Mary N Oscar; October 5th, 2012 at 07:06 AM.
October 5th, 2012, 05:55 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary N Oscar View Post
At least Im not the only one who tested their DH lol!
Haha! I just had to
Mary N Oscar likes this.
October 5th, 2012, 06:58 AM
I bought a card that had a Monster on the front of it (For Halloween) and wrote on the inside. "Hope you are ready for our own little Monster, because we created one!".. he loved it!
October 5th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfield_Wife View Post
I haven't told him yet. He is on a boat in the middle of the gulf. When I go pick him up at the airport I am gonna tape a digi and a sign that says "congrats daddy" to the steering wheel

I love that idea

I just told him that i think i'm pregnant when i seen my faint BFP at 8DPO lol

In March when i got my BFP with Lauren, we had just bought our first home together and picked up the keys from the lawyer when i found out so i waited till we went to the house for the first time and i gave him a card that said new house new life with a new baby and taped the IC and inserted the FRER in the card

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 View Post
I peed on the stick then ran and woke him up at 6:30 in the morning waving a pee soaked stick in his face. "I see a line?!" LOL It was too funny. To his credit he jumped up and ran to the window to see if he too saw it. =)
awww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melliesbelly View Post
I made this little card:

And taped the digi inside:

I swear, he was grinning from ear to ear.
That is the cutest card ever
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013
Miscarriage at 8 weeks 1 day November 27 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search