Nesting already?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By TeresaV

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2012, 11:37 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so I've always been somewhat of an anti-clutter organization freak, but over the last week or so I have taken it to a whole new level. Is anyone else experiencing nesting tendencies yet?

October 6th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mary N Oscar
I woke up today and just wanted to clean. Idk if its the hormones or what.

7/23/069/4/088/5/1210/5/12

October 6th, 2012, 01:39 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hahahaha I almost posted this exact thread! I had a moment of clarity this morning and woke up with an exact plan of how we're going to fit a 4th person into this two bedroom, 1,000 sq. ft. condo.

We'll be transitioning Eliza to a twin mattress on an IKEA slatted mattress support (no box spring so it's low to the ground and I don't have to worry about her falling.) Then we'll side-car the crib to our bed and co-sleep for the first few months before transitioning the new baby into the crib on his or her own. Later, if they need to share a room we'll get a trundle bed which is why we're not buying an actual bed frame for DD yet.

Obviously it's way too early to actually do any of this stuff, so I went on a massive toy and play space reorg mission. DD watches WAY too much TV as it is and with the cold, rainy months coming and me being pregnant we won't get out a whole lot. So I moved her play kitchen from the living room (where she pretty much uses the oven door as a climbing ramp and just stares at the TV when it's on, anyway) and into her bedroom where I'm hoping it'll be more engaging for her. Then I moved her toddler table, blocks, puzzles and less messy art supplies out in the living room where I can set her up with an activity when I need to clean/cook/whatever. The ultimate goal is less zombie couch time and more active play time. It's not the first time I've rearranged to attempt this goal, but I'm really hoping I can stick to my guns and not get lazy throughout this pregnancy.

Here's the result:

She likes it!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 6th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Looks great! We have our own organizational challenges in our house. We rent a house which used to be my DH's grandparents house. My MIL owns the house, and it still contains a bunch of her mother's stuff. She cannot get over the death of her mother (4 years ago) and refuses to go through stuff, which seems to fill most of the closets and half our basement. It's really frustrating. We haven't told anyone I'm pregnant yet, so I'm hoping when we do I can be more firm about needing the house cleaned out and blame the hormones.
edgeofelise likes this.

October 6th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Our place also belongs to my inlaws and they're letting us live here rent-free while DH finishes school so I can work part-time and still be home with DD. It's so very generous of then and we're really grateful, but as a result there is A LOT that needs repair around here. It drives me crazy and they don't really care to update things, but who am I to harp on them when we're loving here for free? I can't wait until we're on our feet and can at least afford to rent a place where the owners have some accountability.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10

October 6th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
Our place also belongs to my inlaws and they're letting us live here rent-free while DH finishes school so I can work part-time and still be home with DD. It's so very generous of then and we're really grateful, but as a result there is A LOT that needs repair around here. It drives me crazy and they don't really care to update things, but who am I to harp on them when we're loving here for free? I can't wait until we're on our feet and can at least afford to rent a place where the owners have some accountability.
Hahaha SAME HERE! So many things need to be done, but part of the reason we are living here is because they can't afford the bills and upkeep of 2 houses. So, the house we live in suffers, and we do too. I definitely feel your pain.
edgeofelise likes this.

October 6th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Holy smokes, I just re-read that post and there are a zillion typos. Stupid phone!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10

October 6th, 2012, 04:30 PM
First Time Mommy
Hasn't hit me yet, but I'm sure hubby would appreciate it if it did. I'm not the most organized.

EDD: May 29, 2013. I was fuzzy on my LMP, so I'm thinking late May/early June. Hurry up 1st U/S!
October 6th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, but I am borderline OCD already sooo...

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

October 7th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure, but yesterday around 9 pm I decided our huge bathroom needed to be cleaned. I had already spent the day cleaning the living room, kitchen, dinning room,the kids playroom & tackling the laundry. . . So maybe!!! Lol!

October 7th, 2012, 11:30 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Same here! I cant wait to start more organizing after this weekend of working13 hour shifts and my husband and kids messing up the house

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search