Not really a a contributing member of my family anymore

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2012, 03:19 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All I do is lay around and eat. I think I'm starting to annoy my husband...oh well with that. I just have no energy. I did do the dishes twice today and I vacuumed the carpet in the living room. I'm done now. Parked on the couch watching reruns of The Real Housewives of New Jersey. I'm so happy to be pregnant and feeling so bad, but I feel like a bad mom and wife.
Nichole
lilianasmamas likes this.
October 7th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Regular
I feel the same way right now.. But its like the only symptom I have besides sore boobs so I guess Ill take it.
October 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way, although I don't feel too bad about it because I typically do most of the household chores. My hubby can take his turns My energy comes in (very) short bursts, one of which will allow me to unload and load the dishwasher. I'm normally passed out on the couch by 8.

October 7th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Oilfield_Wife's Avatar TTC#3
If I had the option I would be doing the same thing. My DH works in the Gulf and is gone for 21 days at a time. I'm exhausted all the time and the nausea is starting to hit. I go tomorrow to pick him up and I know that most days he is home I will prob be on the couch. After doing it for 21 days by myself I think I deserve a little break lol

You are growing a baby and its exhausting...I'm sure DH understands

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy**

October 7th, 2012, 03:53 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like a bum, too. But the SO is being super supportive and hasn't really let me do much of anything. I only made supper tonight because he was napping and he didn't notice until half way through cooking. He's done the laundry, dishes, and has been making meals since we found out. I can't express how thankful I am for that because I know if I was doing it all on top of working 40 hours a week at a job where I'm on my feet 7 out of 8 hours, I know I'd be having a breakdown.

October 7th, 2012, 06:55 PM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did too much this weekend and I'm looking forward to vegging out this week with my baby. I'm exhausted

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

October 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been useless for the past week lol, been so sleepy and just been laying around all the time, I still manage to get around and do housework but my house is not as clean as it usually is. Oh well DH hasn't complain and he better understand. I feel so bad for my DS who's been so bored. But this tiredness will pass as soon as the 1st trimester is over(I hope) lol

October 8th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My house is a horrible wreck so I know where you are coming from. I'm just about to force myself into getting some things done... just one more minute, lol.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 8th, 2012, 04:16 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I'm too early to feel anything yet! LOL I'm still pretty good.!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 8th, 2012, 04:49 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been ok... kinda worries me a little....i just get really tired after I work all day.
October 8th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Veteran
Same here! I did nothing all weekend except we went to get groceries but other than that it was football and reading for me. DH did all the cleaning and cooking, I did do laundry but he did a few loads of that too. Usually I'm up cleaning and half done by the time DH and DS get up on Saturdays. During the week I'm worthless after work, I seriously feel like I took NyQuil or something. Ugh!!! I hate it, I feel like I'm neglecting my kid

October 8th, 2012, 05:21 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I came home today with the intention if eating dinner then going to Target to get supplies for gift bags for my son's birthday. I ate dinner then sat on the couch. I haven't gotten up. That was an hour ago. Uuugggghhh!
Nichole
October 8th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This post cracked me up! I can so relate. I have had two loads of laundry in the washer and dryer for the last three days. I don't want to move. Between chasing after my toddler, and all of this new bean's energy sappage, I am SO beat. Those dishes are staying in the sink for now, thanks.

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

October 8th, 2012, 08:01 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, it hit me a couple days ago. I'm a total slug now too and I'm eating like crap because nothing sounds good, which is making it worse. And on top of it all, DH and DD have been sick and now I'm getting it! I was totally a bad mom today. Lots of TV time. Zzzzzzzzzzz...

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search