Questions...TMI!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Nadine613's Avatar Regular
I'm sorry if this very TMI but really need some answers, I'm 5w2d and having tan/light brown discharge, it is not much but surely there..not really spotting though! no unusual cramps or any red blood... is this normal?! anybody else is experiencing this?

On a different note and also TMI (now that I have already started), have you been having regular sex already? I'm scared to do so, even DH was like "lets wait till your thursday BW" .. is anyone else scared of having sex early on or is just me who thinks it might cause something?

Sorry again and thanks for any insights..
October 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Brown blood is considered old blood but spotting in early pregnancy is very normal. We dtd the day I found out but we didn't know yet haven't done it since but we haven't had the opportunity.

October 9th, 2012, 11:46 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would let your doc know. With my miscarriage I had lots of brown discharge before I found out i lost the baby. I hope it stops for you!

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

October 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brown blood can be considered normal, especially if there is no cramping with it. I would also run it by your doctor, though. Can't be too safe.

As far as DTD, we have done it a couple of times, but I can't help but be nervous about it. I know we shouldn't be though.

October 9th, 2012, 07:06 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD and DS I had brown spotting. I was always told that if it was brown, its old and it is PROB okay. THAT BEING SAID... I didn't have cramps or anything and my other symptoms stayed the same. Just let the doc know and in any case, if you get worried, just go in! They are used to seeing moms for all sorts of worries! (I went into L&D like 5 times before I actually went into labor.. lol, I am a bit of a hypochondriac though!)

Sex should be totally fine as long as your having a normal, healthy pregnancy. If you are worried, just wait until you see the doc but you should be good.

October 10th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Nadine613's Avatar Regular
Thanks ladies, im seeing my dr. tomorrow for the 3rd beta anyways so will tell her then..i think im over reacting because im away from home..for now it stopped, will let you know!
October 10th, 2012, 06:30 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had sex yet since I've found out, but I'm really nervous as well. Sex is what started my spotting my last m/c, but I know it wasn't the cause of it, you still can't help but be nervous! LOL

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 10th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had that when I was pregnant with my DS, I had some brown spotting In the beginning and towards the end, the Dr said its old blood maybe coming out after sex. As long its not bright red blood with cramping you should be fine!

October 10th, 2012, 09:32 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've heard that some spotting is normal, but I can't say from experience. On the sex part though, my SO and I have had sex as we normally would. Everything I've researched says it's fine. I was nervous and all, but seems to be fine. I had some cramping afterwards every time, but no spotting or anything. As everyone else has said, ask your doctor. I know it's hard not to be super nervous.

October 10th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I had my first appt with the PA on Monday and she assured me that some minor spotting, and cramping was VERY normal.. She said at times it will feel like we are getting our period and race to the bathroom to see that we haven't. I"m 4 weeks and having some dull cramping, and bloating..she also said Sex was fine, but that you might get some spotting after sex.
October 10th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I spotted a little bit with my first. None yet this pregnancy, but every pregnancy is different! Just try to stay relaxed!

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search