Little intro...any other unplanned/surprises out there?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eshute

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Hi everyone. I'm completely shocked to even be here, lol. I went from having ZERO idea I was pregnant to hearing the heartbeat within 20 minutes. On Sunday I ended up in the ER for a really bad UTI/kidney infection. I had been delaying going in for in but it go to the point where I couldn't even stand up so I bit the bullet and had a friend drive me. After doing all the tests they take me in a room and tell me that my pregnancy test was also positive. I just about fainted. They then took me to ultrasound and I got to hear the heartbeat which was crazy considering a few minutes prior pregnancy wasn't even on my radar. I had "missed" a period but didn't think anything of it because I tricycle my birth control so it was a planned skipped period. If I hadn't gone in to the ER then I wouldn't have even found out for two more months!
They did find a small tear where the placenta attaches and I've had some brown spotting (but it seems to be getting lighter). I see my GP tomorrow for a follow up and to check my HCG levels.

I'm currently single and actually my boyfriend and I just broke up a couple weeks ago due to my career (I model and some of it gets risque and he wasn't comfortable). We only dated for a couple months but had a really awesome relationship and my career was the only thing that made us incompatible. I'd obviously have to quit/take a break from modeling depending on how this all works out. I am right now facing this from the point of being a single mom. I'm almost 22 and he's only a couple years younger than me and doesn't really have his life together yet so I have no idea how he will respond when I tell him. I'm waiting until I see my doc and know that everything is okay. I'm currently only 6 weeks today so I want to give it a little longer so I don't get him freaked out for something that might not be an issue.

I know I could do this on my own. I'm a few months away from finishing my BA and was planning on starting graduate school next year so that would have to get put on hold. So much is up in the air right now.

Anyone else in a similar position?
October 10th, 2012, 09:23 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was a big surprise as well. My boyfriend and I had only been together for two months and had actually broken up. We were trying to work things out when i took a preg. test. That sort of cinched it for now. We're living together and he's been really supportive and everything, but things are still a little shaky.

I'm sure everything will work out. Things sort of have to work out, you know?

Good luck with everything and we're all here to listen and support you!
Erin-- likes this.

October 10th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshute View Post
Mine was a big surprise as well. My boyfriend and I had only been together for two months and had actually broken up. We were trying to work things out when i took a preg. test. That sort of cinched it for now. We're living together and he's been really supportive and everything, but things are still a little shaky.

I'm sure everything will work out. Things sort of have to work out, you know?

Good luck with everything and we're all here to listen and support you!
So true. My ex and I were only together for 2 months as well - I'm really nervous to tell him. I hope everything works out for you!
October 10th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I got pregnant with my DS I had only been with my hubby for 2 months, but now almost 6 years later we're doing great and are expecting a second baby! Hope everything works out for you! And

October 10th, 2012, 10:13 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I truly believe everything happens for a reason. This pregnancy was a huge surprise for my husband and I. We were not planning on trying for awhile yet. We used condoms every time we DTD and I am still breastfeeding our youngest. You can do this! Welcome to the board and congrats on your surprise!

October 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Women can do anything and I know you will do great whether you are with your BF again, with someone else or on your own. Let us know how it goes when you tell him!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a surprise! DH and I were in a different situation with our first, but we were still completely unprepared. Actually, I don't think there really is away to prepare for it until it happens...pregnancy and parenthood will surprise you at every turn. You're going to rock at this. Congrats and welcome to the board!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Oilfield_Wife's Avatar TTC#3
Welcome

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy**

October 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband actually decided he wanted a divorce a few months after my son was born, so I understand being a single mother. I don't think he ever wanted to be a father, but was never honest with me.

All I know is that it can be done. It's hard, and it's a struggle, but being a mom is the most rewarding thing that I think there is out there.

Good luck! Don't be afraid to talk to us. And welcome!

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

October 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found out with my previous son that I was pregnant via the ER. That was a shock, and at that time my and DH were just newly dating as well. It was a scary time for me, hoping things would work out.. and they did. I wouldn't change having my son for anything, and even if I would have ended up a single mom he still would have been the greatest thing that ever happened to me .

I hope you guys can patch things up since it sounds like you are pretty compatible besides the job thing, but since you are now pregnant and will be taking a small modeling break (well I am assuming at least from the riske stuff?) , maybe it would give him some time to really start to trust and respect you? IDK if that sounds kind of cliche, but ya never know right? lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search