How have your SO's been so far?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By edgeofelise
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 1 Post By Melliesbelly
  • 1 Post By Steph625
  • 2 Post By ERose

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Well despite being his second child my DF seems to be pretty clueless at the moment lol.

I found myself totally BEYOND irritated with him this morning [hormones!] we had a lot to do today and we both woke up at the same time, I took a shower and came out and he was still laying in bed! When he could have let the dogs out and got our daughter fed and ready in that time...doh!

Then when he finally did get up and 'help' he forgot to feed the dogs and didn't give DD anything to drink, made a big mess in the kitchen...grrrr...men!

I don't think DF realizes that even tho I don't look pregnant yet I sure feel it! MS, no energy, crampy, hunger pains...I seem to have every symptom in the book this time round.

Anyway...I told him how I felt so hopefully he'll at least clean up after himself for me

How have your SO's been? We all love em but sometimes I find myself wondering what goes thru their minds hahaha
October 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has been freaking awesome. He's always a slob and he doesn't do much for DD unless I specifically ask, but he will go get me potato chips and ginger ale when I ask for it. And he doesn't complain when I go two days without getting dressed and he's out of clean underwear. Goodness, I hate the first trimester!
Melliesbelly likes this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 10th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Regular
I have been pretty irritated with mine too! Yesterday, made chicken Alfredo for dinner. He looked at it and said, "that's all the chicken you're putting in it." I freaked out. I know it was not really that big of deal, but it made me so made!
He also keeps saying sarcastic things that are really no big deal, I do not like it right now. It really upsets me. I told him last night that I know he is just joking, but I don't like it so please stop. I think he realized he messed up so he was really nice for the rest of the night
October 10th, 2012, 05:50 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Yeh when I walked in and he was just laying in bed playing on his phone I told him 'you can get up and get things done, you don't need to wait for me to get done in the shower?!'
DF 'well what is there to do?' he says as the dogs are whining and DD is yelling

I'm laughing about it now but I wanted to kill him at the time LOL!
October 10th, 2012, 06:20 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SO and I haven't been together long at all, but he's the best boyfriend I've ever had. This is a first for both of us, but as soon as he found out, he started doing everything he could around the house. I work 2p-10p right now full time, so that's really exhausting for me. He's done the dishes every day, he's taking care of the laundry so I don't have to walk up and down the basement steps, he takes the dog out all the time, and when I'm working he makes supper. Some days I don't think I deserve him, but I know that without him I'd be a complete mess. He's understanding about my mood swings and queasy spells, he'll run to the store (or fast food place) at the drop of a hat for me...everything I could ask for and more. I don't mean to brag, but I think he deserves it! Things would be so much harder for me if he was any less understanding and helpful.

<3

That being said, it's hard for me to stop and let him do everything. I keep telling him I'm not fragile and that it's good for me to do stuff. Still sweet, though.
edgeofelise likes this.

October 10th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
...he will go get me potato chips and ginger ale when I ask for it. And he doesn't complain when I go two days without getting dressed and he's out of clean underwear. Goodness, I hate the first trimester!

This last half is like me and my SO to a tee, it's hilarious.

SO has been pretty incredible, and very helpful. I'm actually surprised, but pleasantly so.
edgeofelise likes this.

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

October 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My husband is amazing and always have been even when he was deployed with our older 2!

October 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hubby has had his moments. He is a chef so he insists on cooking with garlic like all the time! I have to hide in the bedroom with my nose under the blanket and die a little inside... Clueless. He does have his sweet times though.. Just last night while laying in my lap he turned and kissed my belly and whispered "I can't wait to meet you little baby"

October 11th, 2012, 12:02 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
My dh is clueless most of the time. He does have moments of clarity but you would think it would be pretty crystal clear by now.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 11th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I found myself beyond irritated last night with my hubby. I got up early and did 3 loads of laundry, shopped all over town for a specific bday gift for the youngest, made cupcakes for her class today, made dinner, cleaned up dishes and made it to parent teacher conferences. I ran out cupcake papers midway and asked him to go to store (1mi away) and he instead sat on the couch with a beer. I perhaps gave him a tongue lashing then flew out the door on my broom to get cupcake papers. He got the hint.

I would like to justify it by saying to was the hormones but I feel very badly for it. I was just so EXHAUSTED yesterday (didn't sleep well last 2 nights) and I was cramping all day long and worried about that. I agree with ERose: he is prolly clueless about my changes right now just because I'm not showing.

Whew! Thanks for letting me vent!
ERose likes this.
October 11th, 2012, 12:55 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Haha its good to vent, that way we don't lash out TOO badly on our SOs...but most of the time thats the only way they get the message!

Don't get me wrong I feel pretty lucky to have my DF...a lot of my friends SOs don't do ANYTHING, they just spend all day playing video games and expect to be waited on.
My DF is different, he'll change diapers, make dinner, go out and get me stuff when I need it, drive me places [don't have my license] he is always there for me...just hes REALLY messy and forgetful.

We need them for manly duties...but I think if they didn't have us they'd be totally lost
edgeofelise and Steph625 like this.
October 11th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Lauren
DH has been awesome- he's always awesome though so it's nothing new. He is not great in the housecleaning dept. but he makes up for that by being a wonderful cook. He makes dinner for us nearly every night. Now that I am starting to have morning sickness he has started to get up early to make us breakfast too.
October 11th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Super Mommy
My DH has been great and really supportive.. I feel so bad when I snap at him constantly LOL (stupid horomones)
October 11th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
Busy. We are both really busy, actually. We can't wait for the adoption to be finalized.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search