Surprise Essentials?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Regular
First, is there a hope for a Boy or Girl, or are you keeping it a surprise?

Ive always wanted mine to be surprises but hface (husband) insisted we know. This time, because its likely our last, Im finally getting my surprise! So excited to have something a little extra to push for So my question is, to any ladies who have kept the gender a surprise, what are the gender neutral essentials? I dont want to buy a bunch of gender neutral clothes/blankets because I know if its a boy they'll seem too girly to me and too boyish if its a girl. Advice/ideas?
October 10th, 2012, 10:27 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I bought a few things when we were trying to wait for Everett. They are in my pregnancy album on FB for him if you want to look. I figured a few things would be fine and then once we delivered we could go crazy.

October 11th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
We just had a lot of gender neutral onesies....since it was July and so hot out. After he was born, we got a ton of boy clothes as hand-me-downs, and some new ones from family/friends. I didn't think the neutral onesies seemed to girly for him. Can't go wrong with ducks and frogs.

October 11th, 2012, 08:33 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm hoping for twin girls. Lol. I know, I know.. A bit specific to be at all possible.. Honestly, I'll be happy regardless of what I have. There are some cute boy clothes out there too. I could never make it nine months without finding out. I'm wayyyy too much of a control freak. I think it's so cool that you're doing it though.
October 11th, 2012, 09:27 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Most of ours have been surprises... My main advice is to remind you that for those first few days/weeks, you will need way less than you think you will. One thing we have done is to go ahead and have a newborn outfit (for the baptism in our case, or for going home from the hospital) in each gender. Whichever one you do not use can be re-gifted or donated, or saved in case you need it someday.
mfultz525 and MrsNHigh like this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 11th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Regular
I was thinking I would just buy white onesies since mine wore them under everything. We live in the pacific northwest so it isnt really hot here in the summer. We're letting DD pick out a girl outfit and DS help choose a boy outfit. We're having a homebirth so we wont need a coming home outfit or anything but I thought dressing newb in either blue or pink would be a neat way to let everyone know if its a boy or girl. DD is going to announce to DH and I (and everyone else there), the gender when he/she is born. DD is going crazy wanting to buy girl clothes and bunkbeds...yeesh. Im ready for the wait The same cannot be said for the rest of the family...
October 12th, 2012, 06:47 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Most of our surprises were born at home as well, it is so special to be able to find out the gender yourself rather than having some stranger tell you. What a neat way to include DD in the birth!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 12th, 2012, 07:08 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son was a surprise. I just bought gender neutral clothing and picked toys and such that were more gender neutral since I figure I could use it multiple times then for more children.
October 12th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Super Mommy
My first was a suprise and I hated it. I like knowing a lot more lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search