Who's cutting caffeine?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a full time university student and the only way I managed my daughter and school was COFFEE! haha I would sometimes drink 8 cups a day. I've cut to one in the morning and thats fine because the smell makes me want to throw up anyways

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 11th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Veteran
I cut it out , i only drank one cup a day. I will have decaf about 3 times a week and I drink caffeine free Pepsi twice a week. I know it's safe to have but I'm like kit Kat and worry too much. After I'm securely in the 2nd trimester I might mix regular with decaf.

October 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Rochelle
I think I'm going to get decaf and drink only 1 cup caffeinated and the rest decaf.

Glad to see I'm not going through thjis alone!
October 11th, 2012, 10:09 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Hmmm...maybe its only certain types of tea? I forgot where I heard it but I know it surprised me! Doesn't chai tea have a lot?
October 12th, 2012, 04:48 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Could be a different for different types of tea I'd say, I drink regular black tea with sugar and milk lol I will pick up decaf though when I go shopping!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 12th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You decaf drinkers- how is the taste? Compared to regular coffee?
October 12th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Super Mommy
I rely on caffiene. I have 3 kids a full time job and sports 4 nights a week. It is the hardest thing for me to cut out but slowly working on it

October 12th, 2012, 02:35 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont drink coffee but I have the occasional Coke and I guess that will become a very very occasional Coke now.
October 12th, 2012, 02:49 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have totally cut out caffeine. I was an energy drink junkie. Now I won't even drink decaf coffee (it still has a little caffeine in it). I guess I can't say TOTALLY cut out...I eat chocolate now and again.

October 12th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERose View Post
I'm a Starbucks ADDICT, thought I wouldn't be able to cope...but I actually haven't drank any since we found out...I think Starbucks frappuccinos are more sugar than coffee anyway lol!
There is a Starbucks RIGHT NEXT to my doctor's office in the business strip (plaza? I don't know what it's called). So it's extremely hard to me to pass it up when I leave my appointments! I'm sure they get a ton of preggos in there. I got a pumpkin spice latte today I probably should have gotten it decaf, but I forgot. Soooo tasty!

October 12th, 2012, 06:59 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissErica View Post
You decaf drinkers- how is the taste? Compared to regular coffee?
It depends on the kind you get. I've never liked Folgers or any of the pre-gound canned supermarket stuff, but we have plenty of good options here. People in Seattle are coffee snobs, lol. I like to buy the whole beans and make a pot of french press in the afternoons.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I went to the Dr's office for walk in pregnancy testing and she counselled me after the positive result, she said that 1-2 cups of coffee a day are fine. I get headaches when I don't drink it, but lucky for me it seems to be one of those things that makes me gag pretty consistently. I was trying to make coffee for my SO this morning and when I opened the bag of grounds, I almost lost it. Sometimes later in the day I can drink a small cup, but today that made me gag too. So I guess I'm on my way to cutting it out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search