Any other crazy ladies out there...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Lauren
...who are actually looking forward to their labor? With my DS I had such an easy pregnancy and ,dare I say, fun labor. It was painful, to be sure, but also really exciting and magical. Though I am by no means counting on it being as easy this time around, I am nevertheless really looking forward to it. Anyone else?
October 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
ME!! I love labor! And the "high" afterwards!

October 11th, 2012, 03:05 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am nervous and excited

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 11th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Lauren
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
ME!! I love labor! And the "high" afterwards!
Yes! Best part. That feeling was so wonderful and overwhelming that I didn't even mind that folks were all up in my hoo haa putting in stitches, lol!
October 11th, 2012, 03:22 PM
It's the closest to high I will ever be! Ha!
laurhob likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 03:26 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love that after labor feeling too! Its AWESOME!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 11th, 2012, 04:22 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am! My labor was so long and frustrating last time, but I was super proud of how many hours I held in there without drugs before we decided to transfer to the hospital. It was a disappointing end to have a a c-section after planning a home birth with midwives, but I really did kick butt. I'm going to give it my all for a VBAC this time and I really hope this baby cooperates. I'm so excited!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 11th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I am super excited about labor and delievery!! We are a crazy bunch of gals aren't we?!
October 11th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I am!! I lucked out a ton with my son. I labored during the day but it wasn't too bad. Then I pushed for only 15 minutes and out he came! I hope I'm that lucky this time, but I'm not counting on it. I heard once that tall women tend to have faster deliveries. I'm almost 5'11".

October 11th, 2012, 07:40 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Nope. I hate it. It would be different if I weren't hooked up to every monitor, iv and drug possible. The mag they give me makes it so I can barely move.

If I can make it to 36wks and skip the mag, then yes.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 11th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am SO looking forward to it!! I don't remember much after the epi with my first, and especially not the sensation of pushing. I'm so excited to be able to feel a little more in control, and to actually be aware of myself.

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

October 11th, 2012, 08:46 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been thinking about it recently. I look forward to knowing what's to come, to being in more control, and making better decisions. And I look forward to feeling like a super hero for having brought a new person into the world!

Nichole
October 12th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a first timer, so I'm not sure what to exactly expect. But, I've researched like a crazy loon and have attended a home birth of my best friend. So, I'm not totally in the dark. I'm not really nervous at all. Not to say that won't change as I get closer, but for now... excited! Obviously, birthing hurts. But, IMO, it's what we were meant to do.. and the excitement and empowerment of bringing an actual human into the world truly excites me!
navywifey2003 and laurhob like this.
October 12th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm very excited. I didn't have a very fun pregnancy and labor with my daughter. Her father didn't want her so I basically was alone. He never once put a hand on my stomach and was very distant. I always hoped he would come around but never did. Now I have a loving husband who already puts his hands on my belly and is excited just as much as I am. And I just know I will have the love and support I need during labor.
Karen78 likes this.
October 12th, 2012, 07:08 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
Nope. Not me. Terrified.

Mainly of the tearing..
October 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalap View Post
Nope. Not me. Terrified.

Mainly of the tearing..
There are ways to prevent tearing. Essential oils, perineal massage, not to push flat on your back, no purple face counting to 10 pushing, following your bodies cues on when to push not the doctor saying your 10cm time to push sometimes waiting a bit after you are 10 is better. You also cant really tell, at least I couldnt and 2 of my births were without meds that you are tearing.

October 12th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Super Mommy
I am hoping to not be induced with this one so I can have more control and be able to move around and repostion and walk it need be

October 12th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Lauren
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalap View Post
Nope. Not me. Terrified.

Mainly of the tearing..
I tore when I delivered my son. I was religious about doing perineal massage too, but in the end it didn't help me because I pushed DS out too fast (15 minutes) also, I just don't have much elasticity in my skin. But, the tearing was not that bad when it happened and it healed quickly.
October 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I did everything to prevent tearing on the advice of my MW and doula....it didn't help haha I hated labour but the actual delivery part was cool. And yes the high. I felt like I had an abundant amount of energy for about two weeks until the crash of sleeping an hour a day hit me

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 12th, 2012, 10:09 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first, so I can't really say from experience, but I'm really looking forward to going through it all. I'm an LPN and was able to be in the room during a natural birth during clinicals when I was in school a few years ago and it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I've always been that way though, I've always been fascinated by labor and delivery and have always wanted that experience for myself.

I'm also terrified. haha.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search