POLL: when will you announce?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: When will you reveal pregnancy?
already have 2 7.69%
6 weeks 4 15.38%
8 weeks 4 15.38%
10 weeks 2 7.69%
12 weeks 5 19.23%
14 weeks 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When will you reveal?

Last edited by Hopeful2BMommy; October 12th, 2012 at 04:01 AM.
October 12th, 2012, 04:16 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I will probably reveal after my first u/s at 10wks 1d. If everything looks good then, I think I will feel pretty comfortable telling people. Plus it will be really close to Thanksgiving and family will all be around, so I think it will be a good time to share the news!

October 12th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Nadine613's Avatar Regular
I voted at 6 weeks coz DH cant wait anymore, so will tell after the US nxt week,
would have kept it till 12 weeks. althogh I know it will be hard!
October 12th, 2012, 04:38 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I voted 14 weeks, that might be the earliest! lol We are in no rush!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 12th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm really anxious to tell everyone, and I think we decided to do so this weekend. We already told my best friend circle and family. I don't wanna hide it
October 12th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really want to tell everybody NOW but I am so nervous about everything after our loss in August. We will probably tell everybody after our first appt and u/s.

October 12th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Rochelle
We told our kids, my mom, and my 3 closest friends. We might be telling my dad, In laws and my grands/extended fam at 7 weeks early Nov. extended friends and aquaintances, I want to make it to 12 weeks. Ppl are going to give me stupid reactions since this is our fourth. Ans the longer I can put that commentary off, the better.
October 12th, 2012, 06:14 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
I think we're going to tell our families next weekend. I'm still not sure exactly how far along I am. I not super clear on how that's calculated. I thought it was from conception, but now I hear it's from two weeks before that? IDK. If anyone can help me out, that'd be great, btw. My last period started on Sept 6th. But I o'ed on the 25th. Any guesses?
October 12th, 2012, 06:18 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalap View Post
I think we're going to tell our families next weekend. I'm still not sure exactly how far along I am. I not super clear on how that's calculated. I thought it was from conception, but now I hear it's from two weeks before that? IDK. If anyone can help me out, that'd be great, btw. My last period started on Sept 6th. But I o'ed on the 25th. Any guesses?

pregnology.com was my best friend with my first. =)

According to them if you o'ed on the 25th you will be due June 19th. =) Congrats!
lalap likes this.

October 12th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I voted 6 weeks, since if everything looks good at our appointment today, we'll announce this weekend. We already told parents/siblings/very close friends. I want to shout it to the world though, so hopefully we can this weekend.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 12th, 2012, 06:52 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We're kinda tempted to just not tell anybody and see if they notice.
amyhk, ~*Nicole*~ and 4hearts like this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 12th, 2012, 07:07 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I might share with my family earlier but I think Im going to wait till 13 weeks or so for everyone else. My best friend already knows though.
October 12th, 2012, 07:12 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I voted 14 weeks. I'm with Jennifer. The longer I can go without telling my family the happier I'll be! I've already told my sister and closest friends, it's our parents and my extended family I'm worried about

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 12th, 2012, 07:29 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oops, I meant to vote 10 weeks but accidentally hit 6. Stupid phone. My family and close friends already know, but we haven't told DH's family yet. I don't want to hide it like we did last time fearing their reaction...I think they were offended by that. So he'll tell his parents as soon as he gets the nerve. We won't announce it to the greater public, however, until we hear a heartbeat on Doppler. My first MW appointment is November 5th; I'll be 10 1/2 weeks which might be late enough to catch it.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I'm going to wait as long as possible, but it will be hard! I have my next appt/US November 8th(I'll be 10w1d), but my birthday is November 6th and halloween is before that. I know I'm going to have to come up with some good excuses as to why I'm not going out/drinking for either of those occasions. I honestly don't plan on really formally ever "announcing" it on facebook or anything, just because I'm a really private person and I live in a town (I'm moving soon) where people have nothing better to do than gossip. I figure the people close to me will know, and the rest who pay attention & care will catch on lol.
None of my family lives in the same state as me, so I'm still debating on when to tell them. If I go visit for thanksgiving/christmas(I'll be 13/17 weeks), probably then. But everyone is scattered all over, so I will still have to make some phone calls/skype to let some people know.
October 12th, 2012, 07:42 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We are doing a family photo reveal. I plan on waiting until 14-16 weeks its not going to go over well.

October 12th, 2012, 07:50 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
We're kinda tempted to just not tell anybody and see if they notice.
That's actually what we are doing, except even then, my dh says we should just deny it.
We told after 20wks with our last baby. Not expecting a great reception to the news here.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 12th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
14 weeks at the minimum. We are also in no rush this time.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
We've told our moms, kids, two of my best friends, and one lady from work. I don't want to officially announce it until as close to 12 weeks as i can make myself wait.
October 12th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Super Mommy
I voted 14wks. I have had 4 miscarriages so I would like to wait, but if I am as sick as I was last time there may not be any hiding it. I want to do a photo reveal also I think it is to cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search