Baby Carriers (batbird or ergo)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2012, 10:10 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Anyone have any experience with either of these? Both look pretty good. I'm a little bit worried about using the infant insert on the Ergo b/c is looks so fleecy. It's clearly not designed for deep south summers. I swear, you can cut Arkansas air with a knife in august.

That should be CATbird, not bat... lol.
October 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I've never heard of the catbird one but we have an ergo and love it. You can also get a light wrap. A ring sling or one similar to a hotsling. I can't recommend staying away from snuglis and baby Bjorns enough. They are not good for you or for your baby.

Oh and the insert is not really fleece it almost feels like a pillow. It doesn't need to be used for very long actually. I belive the beco has a built in infant insert but don't quote me as I am not sure. Oh and a baby ktan is a good option as well.

October 12th, 2012, 11:25 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I looooove the ergo. We used it when DD was as little as two weeks. The infant insert isn't fleecy at all, it's pretty breathable cotton. It's better for long walks and the part that covers baby's head protects from the sun and wind, blocking out light but still leaving plenty of breathing room. Perfect for naps. I love the moby for snuggly babies, too. That was all I could wear her in for a long time because I could tie it above my c-section incision. The ergo sits pretty low on the hips. Later, when she was learning to walk and wanted down all the time, my favorite thing was a sling. We just got a handmade one that was a solid piece of fabric--no adjusting. It was really easy to pop her in and out of super quickly and it folded down to almost nothing to fit in my bag when we weren't using it.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 12th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I have the moby and the ergo. Both were good depending on where I was going/the weather/her temperament that day.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 12th, 2012, 02:36 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had the Beco which is similar to the Ergo I think. Ill be honest I never got use to using it. Maybe Im not a carrier person but I just never felt comfortable in it and I always felt like my son wasnt comfortable either.
October 12th, 2012, 10:01 PM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
I used the moby wrap when both girls were tiny and then the beco. I love it. I still carry my 18 month dd in it sometimes. And it does have the built in infant carrier.
October 13th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I've never had any of these but it reminds me of a funny story. My close friend was expecting a niece and she bought the momma a money and to play with it, she put her little dog in it and carried it around. She loved it.
October 13th, 2012, 04:19 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Moby wrap and a Beco Butterfly. I had the worst time with carriers when I had my daughter, I bought so many until I found the two I liked. I didn't use the Beco when she was an infant because I hadn't bought it yet so I am excited to try it this time!
October 13th, 2012, 07:49 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish we had a ergo i hear really good things about this brand all the time. I have a moby and love it. It was pretty hot this summer so i didn't wear him a lot when ds was a nb.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search