November 6th can't get here fast enough!!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just scheduled my first prenatal appointment. The receptionist said i probably wouldn't have an US that day, but I'm so excited anyway! I think it will seem so real after the first appointment. My hubby is going with me- did yours go to your first non-US appointment? Is it normal for them to be at that appt?
MrsLat likes this.
October 12th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is it sad I can't remember?? With my oldest he went to several appts and then with my youngest he only went to the 20 week US because he had to come home to watch Riley so I could go to my appts. He has to do the same this time - stay at home to watch the girls so I can go so he probably will only come to the 20 week US.

Glad you have your first appt on the calendar...its exciting!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Regular
Mine went with to my first appointment. I didn't know if they would do an ultrasound or not. It is our first baby, so we both wanted him to be there. They actually did end up doing an ultrasound!
Enjoy your first appointment!
October 12th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
No he didn't go. Actually he didn't go to any of the appts except the two ultrasounds and he was completely weirded out by how our daughter looked on the screen haha it was very exciting for me and he couldn't tell what part of the body was which and thought she looked like an alien Hope your appt goes well!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 12th, 2012, 07:56 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH went to every single appointment last time, except for a couple of the nonstress tests and the BPP at the very end because those weren't scheduled enough in advance. He'll go to as many appointments as he can this time; my best friend is the receptionist at the midwifery clinic and they have a million toys in the lounge to keep DD occupied. She can also come in the exam room with me. I want her to be there to hear the heartbeat but I need DH to be there to keep her from getting into everything.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH came to my first appointment, but it had an ultrasound and we knew about it in advance, so he took the day off (he's a teacher) in order to go with me, since they couldn't schedule it in the afternoon. He's planning on coming to as many of the appointments as he can, as long as they're scheduled after school.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 13th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Super Mommy
mine went to some but not many. He was the only one working so I felt making money was more important

October 13th, 2012, 08:03 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unless you know his family history very well id bring him. They'll ask a ton of health questions.

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

October 13th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Oilfield_Wife's Avatar TTC#3
My DH tries to go to all of my appointments. He likes to be really involved and hands on.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search