BW Question

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Regular
I just called my doctor to get the results of my first blood work that I had done on Monday. They said everything looks pretty normal except for the CA175 which is a bit elevated. I have no idea what that means. The nurse on the phone said it is common in pregnancy and is really no big deal. I don't have an appointment again until Oct. 22nd. They said I could move the appointment up, but then it will be too early to hear the heartbeat.
I guess I shouldn't worry since they didn't seem to think it was a very big deal. Does anyone know what exactly CA175 is? I have no clue.
October 12th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I know what CA125 is but not CA175. Are you sure it was 175?

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Regular
I bet it was 125. When I google "CA175 blood work" it comes up with CA125. I most have heard them wrong. So, can you tell me what CA125 is?
October 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Regular
So, I have done some researching on CA125. I am freaked out a little bit! An elevated CA125 can mean you have ovarian cancer, but then again every website I went to said that it is also normal in early pregnancy and does not mean you have cancer. It is pretty scary though The nurse did tell me it that it is probably because of the cyst on my ovary. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about.
October 12th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Ya that's what I was going to say. Mine has been elevated in early pregnancy, but I always have quite large cysts and it has been attributed to that. I'm sure if it was something to worry about they would have let you know

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Ya that's what I was going to say. Mine has been elevated in early pregnancy, but I always have quite large cysts and it has been attributed to that. I'm sure if it was something to worry about they would have let you know

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search