the dreaded blood on the tp

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2012, 06:30 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
I went to the bathroom right after I woke up this morning. I had a BM () and peed, and then when I wiped I had light red blood on the tp. I'm also having cramps (not terrible, but they're there), although I've been having those on and off all along. Honestly, it feels like I'm about to get my period. IDK. I've peed a couple more times since the blood-sighting, and each time my tp's been clean. None of my docs are in their offices today, and I REALLY don't want to go to the ER. We have lots of family friends who are doctors, but getting in touch with one of them would mean I'd need to tell my folks (they're all my dad's best buds). I'm going to just wait until at least after lunch time. I suppose if there's no more bleeding then maybe it's ok to wait until Monday. Has anyone else ever experienced early bleeding? Has anyone else ever had a mc around 5 wks? I know that if I have a mc, it probably means that this wasn't going to be a healthy baby, and I'm ok with my body making that call. I guess I just want to know what to expect if that is the case.
October 13th, 2012, 07:35 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know the first reaction of many is to head to the ER but unless you are hemmoraging or having several cramping (possible ectopic etc) there is nothing the ER could do for you in the case of a miscarriage. That being said a tiny bit of blood with one wipe while scary as it must be is not really yet cause for alarm. There are several reasons why a woman could bleed early on in pregnancy and still carry to term. Do not give up just yet! I'd wait and give the OB a call tomorrow unless you start feeling severe pain....they are the best qualified to give you advice. ER docs mean well but they are just not trained enough in ob to be helpful. They dabble in it but when it comes to your baby - you want the experts right? =)

I say this because my cousin was told just last weekend she was having a miscarriage at the ER turns out she has a 1cm subchorionic hematoma that is causing her to bleed but should clear up on its own. She was soaking a pad every 15 minutes - talk about scary. They did the ultrasound and baby was kicking away happy as could be.

October 13th, 2012, 07:48 AM
OK. I just passed a small clump. I'm guessing that means I'm out this time. The good news is we got pregnant pretty quickly after we started trying, so I think we'll be able to do it again. I'm glad it's happening early though. A loss now is easier than a loss later on.
October 13th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
Hi, I'm lurking from the Feb DDC. I bled and passed a couple of clumps when I was exactly 6 weeks pregnant. I had cramps, some of them severe enough for me to stop what I was doing to take a breath! This went on for an entire weekend, I was sure that I was having a miscarriage. Needless to say, I'm 23 weeks pregnant, no bleeding since then, and the baby is doing great. I never went to the doctor for the bleeding, I just mentioned it at the next appointment after the bleeding and the doctor called it a threatened miscarriage with no explanation for the bleeding.

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

October 13th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I have to agree that ER docs mean well but just dabble (well put) in OB. I worked in an ER as a RN for 10 years and per Protocol that had to give instructions regarding a "threatened miscarriage" every time they saw a woman who's bleeding and pregnant. It scared many many women. I would only suggest you go to ER for severe abdominal pain or if you soak 1 pad per hour for three consecutive hours. I only hope it's just the normal bleeding women have had. This is such a stressful time...I wish we were all in our second trimester so we don't stress too much! I'm horrible!
Karen78 likes this.
October 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying its nothing serious!! HUGS!
Steph625 likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 13th, 2012, 11:05 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the mean bleeding stopped for you soon if it's haven't all ready. do you think your progesterone is low?

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 13th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Like Mama2Angels, I'm also lurking from the February DDC, and also had early pregnancy bleeding. Mine started when I was about 7 weeks and continued through my first trimester, and I had consistent cramping throughout. I passed multiple clumps/clots, and all were due to a subchorionic hematoma (SCH), not a miscarriage. My SCH grew to 4cm and I was put on bed rest for a short time in my first trimester, but around 13-14 weeks there were signs the SCH was resolving and by 15-16 weeks it was completely gone.

I know that bleeding, passing clots and cramping can be very frightening (I was hysterical on multiple occasions), but they are not always a sign of an impending miscarriage. I hope that's the case for you as well, and I wish you lots of luck.

(Edit: Since it's in my signature, I should add that though I did in fact have a miscarriage in this pregnancy (I was originally pregnant with twins), I didn't pass anything as a result and it had nothing to do with my bleeding or cramping. All of the tissue from my other pregnancy could be seen on ultrasound for weeks after we lost the heartbeat, and it was all eventually reabsorbed.)

Last edited by chickadee; October 13th, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
October 13th, 2012, 12:01 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope that you are doing ok. If its any consolation to you I bleed for almost 7-8 weeks straight with my son. I freaked out when I started to bleed at 5 weeks as I had had a miscarriage years ago right at the same time. I went to the Dr and it was too soon to even see a heartbeat but I got to see Jellybean (what we called Drake in womb) I kept bleeding and I went for bloodwork and ultrasounds weekly and while we could never see where the blood was coming from everytime we looked there was Jellybean content as can be inside there. At 13 weeks the blood stopped but Im talking a 7 week long period that had no explanation and yet my son is 2 and perfect so dont give up hope there are always miracles and things we dont understand,
October 13th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. Still bleeding. My mom's coming up to stay with me. I think I'll take off work on Monday. Hopefully my OB can get me in. Do they usually do that when someone might be having a mc?

It's weird, there's hardly any liquid blood, mostly just thin pieces of brownish/reddish flesh (for lack of a better descriptive term).

Last edited by lalap; October 13th, 2012 at 12:23 PM.
October 13th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to lurk in your DDC again; I was just coming back to check on how you were doing.

Yes, your OB will almost certainly get you in during regular office hours if you are bleeding/have a suspected miscarriage. Is your cramping more on one side than on the other? I don't mean to make you nervous, but one of the things your OB should check for is ectopic pregnancy. Your description of your bleeding is very reminiscent of what I had with an ectopic (it was small shreds of stuff, more brown-red and oldish looking). Are you having more cramping on one side than on the other? My initial cramping with the ectopic was mild, but it was more persistant on one side. When I had an early miscarriage (a chemical pregnancy), my bleeding came on more suddenly and was just very heavy and dark red - like a heavier version of a normal period. There are lots of variations on how these things present, though.

When you see your OB they should do both a transvaginal ultrasound and a blood draw (for beta hCG levels), and probably a repeat blood draw in a few days to see how your hCG levels are changing. Those pieces of information will help determine if you have a viable uterine pregnancy, a non-viable uterine pregnancy, or a non-uterine pregnancy. If you feel like you don't get sufficient info from your OB, don't hesitate to seek a second opinion or ask further questions here or elsewhere.

I'm sorry you're going through this. It is hard no matter what, and I feel for you.
Karen78 and Mama2Angels like this.

October 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hoping for good news... KUP and good luck!
8miraclez likes this.

October 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM
No change. Oddly, it only comes out when I pee and wipe. I've had the same pad on since 1pm (when my husband went to the store to get me some - I"m a tampon only girl normally). Just watching and waiting. Thanks for the support, ladies. You rock.

And lurkers, please lurk on. You are very comforting.
October 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Get in to your OB when you can and try to take it easy. I've had it go both ways. I've had pregnancies that I bled and baby was fine, and I've had miscarriages. The ER really does suck for checking things out, but with my last mc, I went and got an hcg done just so I would know.

Hang in there.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Adventuremom's Avatar Leah
I'm also lurking, lalap. Your OB should get you in quickly on Monday. I have had three pregnancies, all with spotting. My two boys are fine, but my third did end in miscarriage - they were able to get me in immediately and do an ultrasound which told me that I had miscarried my most recent pregnancy (they also did this with my two boys and we were able to see the heartbeat flickering away). Sending you massive hugs. xoxoxo
8miraclez likes this.

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
September 27, 2012: 5 weeks, 4 days. November 20, 2012: Ruptured ectopic.

My articles: http://leahlefler.hubpages.com/
October 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Hope everything turns out to be just fine!

I had spotting with my healthy pregnancy and with my miscarriage (although longer spotting with my miscarriage). In fact the day I passed the fetus I had no bleeding whatsoever, prior to that I had very little spotting. In any case sending lots of good thoughts your way!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 13th, 2012, 10:09 PM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
My thoughts are with you Hun. I've had a few miscarriages some early so quite late and they are heartbreaking no matter what point. Don't give up on that little stinker yet till you've had anything confirmed. You just ever know. Miracles do happen
October 14th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope the bleeding has stopped. You will be in my prayers!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 14th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you! Hope everything is ok!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search