SCH

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By chickadee
  • 1 Post By Karen78
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Anyone else diagnosed with this? My midwife said they usually resolve themselves and heal and rarely cause problems. Especially since mine is only 9mm. It's very nerve-wrecking though. I've been spotting brown since I found out I was pregnant on Monday and even passed a couple very small clots (which could actually be good because it could be the SCH bleeding its way out). I've already had a confirmation of the heartbeat twice (heard once on US Monday when I found out I was preg and seen on US again Thursday) so that's reassuring but it's hard to not worry! I read bedrest is good but unfortunately I have a very busy job (I take pictures at a studio and have to chase small kids around/jump up and down/squat/etc all day).

just wondering if anyone else is/has dealt with this?

Oh, and those who were following my other thread with my intro where I talked about finding out I was pregnant in the ER and no longer being with the father since we broke up a couple weeks before I found out...I finally told him last night. And he was extremely EXCITED!! I was so nervous after telling him but he just kept laughing and smiling and telling me how awesome it is. Very shocked and happy lol.
October 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't meant to invade your DDC, lol, but I just posted in another thread here about having had an SCH during the first part of my pregnancy. The bleeding and others issues they can cause are indeed very nerve-wracking, and I feel for you! Besides myself there are several other women in the February DDC who had them, and to my knowledge almost everyone's SCH resolved by about 15-16 weeks. There is one woman who still has a very large one (something like 8 or 10 cm, I believe) and she is still on bed rest, but everyone else had either just short stretches of bed rest or no bed rest at all. My SCH grew to 4 cm at its largest and I did end up on bed rest for a short period of time (10 days I think?) when I was around 12 weeks along, but following that I had no more bleeding, the SCH began resolving, and by 16 weeks there was no sign of it at all.

I hope your SCH resolves without further issues, and that you have a happy and healthy 9 months!
Erin-- likes this.

October 13th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
There was a girl in my son's July '11 DDC that had one. She bled A LOT and for a long time, and I remember everyone was thinking she was losing the baby. He is happy, sweet, and healthy little kid now I hope yours resolves soon! And that's awesome that your baby's father is so excited! Yay!
Erin-- likes this.

October 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I've had a couple. One I just spotted. The other I bled bright red. Both babies were fine. It's nerve wracking, but at least you know what it is.
Erin-- likes this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 13th, 2012, 05:55 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I haven't had one... but I have heard that they usually resolve pretty quickly... rest when you can after work and things

AND YAAAAY!! I am so happy the father is excited about the baby! I was crossing my fingers for ya when I posted on your intro about it. That makes me very happy

October 13th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I had one with my last pregnancy which ended in miscarriage. But theres no reason to believe the mc had anything to do with the SCH. it was initially the size of yours and grew to be 1.5 X 2.7 cm before I had miscarried. My doctor said it raised your risk of miscarriage by 3 percent but other than that, it rarely causes many problems (other than scary bleeding!!)

ETA: congrats about telling the father and getting a good reaction!!!
Erin-- likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 13th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm trying to not worry and I feel pretty calm about it today
Also I'm so excited the dad is on board..we met up this morning before I had work and talked about it a bunch and he's sooooo excited. I don't think I've ever seen a guy take an unplanned pregnancy so well. Especially a 23 year old guy. He's already talking about working more hours, and insurance, and how he wants to get a moby wrap and babywear. I'm kind of a hardass but I wanted to tear up hearing how excited he was lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search