Do you like to read?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I absolutely love to read. I just wish I had more time for it. Who are your favorite authors and books? I am always looking for something new to read. Right now I am working on the Stephanie plum books. I am only on the third book so it's going to take me a while to get through all of them.

October 13th, 2012, 11:04 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love reading but I do take breaks now and then and Im in one right now. I like historical fiction, chick lit, and young adult mostly with some normal fiction mixed in now and then.
October 13th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am an avid reader. I read about 2 novels a month, used to be more prior to children. I recently began reading books off of the past Oprah's Book Club. I've never been an Oprah fan, but everything from her book club is amazing!! I haven't read something that I haven't liked.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 13th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am an AVID reader. I love to read a lot of chick lit, young adult and some regular fiction thrown in there. I love John Green, Jodi Picoult and Nicholas Sparks. And I just worked my way through The Mortal Instruments series, which is pretty good. Right now I can average a book a week, I'm sure that will change when the baby arrives

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I love to read when I have time too! Right now I'm reading "This Present Darkness" by Frank Peretti for a book club I belong to. I will read pretty much anything but my favorites are true crime and good mysteries. I have also started reading a few Christian fiction (mostly Francine Rivers) and I really like those too. Anything that gets me to keep turning the pages!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 13th, 2012, 05:11 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love to read. Unfortunately I've been getting tired so early in the evening that I haven't been reading as much as I normally would. I am almost done with the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. It's okay. It was recommended to me, and once I finished book 1 I felt compelled to finish the series.

October 13th, 2012, 05:38 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love to read although it feels I rarely have time! I am in a book club and currently reading The Light Between Oceans.
October 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love to read! Unfortunately I am one of those wierd ladies that likes reading true crime novels and spend much too much time watching Investigation Discovery and Snapped lol. So I end up reading the stories behind the people on those shows. I am a nut--I know!
~*Nicole*~ likes this.

October 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You're not a nut! I LOVE true-crime! Have you read anything by John Douglas? If you haven't, I recommend you go out and find some of his books, stat. He's the guy who founded the part of the FBI that profile's criminals.
MrsLat likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 13th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
You're not a nut! I LOVE true-crime! Have you read anything by John Douglas? If you haven't, I recommend you go out and find some of his books, stat. He's the guy who founded the part of the FBI that profile's criminals.
I have not read any John Douglas. Totally just looked up some of his books to put on hold at the library though! Thanks for the suggestion!

October 13th, 2012, 08:02 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I LOVE true crime too! My favorite author is Ann Rule. She writes really great, detailed books that are hard to put down. "Green River Running Red" (about the Green River killer Gary Ridgeway) and "The Stranger Beside Me" (about Ted Bundy whom she was once friends with) are two of the best true crime books I have ever read!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 13th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nicole*~ View Post
I LOVE true crime too! My favorite author is Ann Rule. She writes really great, detailed books that are hard to put down. "Green River Running Red" (about the Green River killer Gary Ridgeway) and "The Stranger Beside Me" (about Ted Bundy whom she was once friends with) are two of the best true crime books I have ever read!
I have read "The Stranger Beside Me". I really liked it as well. I am super psyched that other people like this book genre too!!

October 14th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I love to read! We need to post our favorite books because I need more recommendations. The last book I read that I really liked was Gone Girl. I'm currently looking for a book so would love suggestions!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 14th, 2012, 04:33 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love to read, but I don't do it much anymore. I love Romance novels!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 14th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz253 View Post
I love to read! We need to post our favorite books because I need more recommendations. The last book I read that I really liked was Gone Girl. I'm currently looking for a book so would love suggestions!
I have Gone Girl on my list to read along with about 30 others! Not quite sure when I will get to them!

October 14th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Looooooove to read so much, I read daily. I have to read before bed, it helps me sleep and wind down.

My favorite author is James Patterson <3
October 14th, 2012, 08:48 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissErica View Post
Looooooove to read so much, I read daily. I have to read before bed, it helps me sleep and wind down.

My favorite author is James Patterson <3

I started reading "1st To Die" awhile ago. It is one of the first books I've read in a long time that I stopped reading. I just can't get into it.

One of the best books I have read recently is "Room" by Emma Donoghue. I highly recommend it.

October 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
LOVE to read. Lol, this may be TMI, but I've been into BDSM books waaaay before 50 Shades of Grey. I also like historical fiction books.
October 14th, 2012, 08:55 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have read Room. It made me really sad and depressed but it was a great book with an interesting point of view.

And I just finished book three of 50 shades.
October 14th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Veteran
I read everyday, I love it! Currently I'm reading In The Shadow of the Banyan which so far is awesome. I tend to lean towards novels centered around different wars, WWII being my favorite, or books dealing with family strife. Then when I need a break from the sadness of those types I pick up an easy thriller or a comedic book.

Some of my faves are Gone To Soldiers, The Children's War, Grapes of Wrath, Tomorrow River, Songs In Ordinary Times, Fall of Giants, and Angela's Ashes. So many beautiful books to read and not enough time! For those of you that said you enjoyed historical fiction I highly recommend Ken Follett. His are hefty books but they are amazing.

I've read Room too and I thought it was really good!

Last edited by Brie289; October 14th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search