Who's everyone??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 2 Post By softbreeze
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By Erin--
  • 1 Post By CCR
  • 1 Post By **jessie**
  • 1 Post By MissErica
  • 1 Post By enchantingdragon
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 2 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 2 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By Josie+Shpala
  • 1 Post By ~*Nicole*~
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By SuperMom2013
  • 1 Post By edgeofelise

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2012, 10:29 PM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
Thought it would be fun to know a little about each of us as we start this awesome journey together. I'll go first. Share what your comfortable sharing

My names Patti, I'm 34 and live in Saskatchewan Canada. I have a four year old dd Jessica and a 18 month old dd milayna. Hubby is wyatt and works pipeline construction and tends to be gone for three to five months at a time.
We live on a farm outside a small rural town of about 500 and have horses. I Am a SAHM and a independent director for scentsy which I love.
I can't wait till I get into the second tri and know that I don't have so much to worry about since I have had mc's in the past.
I was part of a due date club with my first and some of my best friends today are women that I met there and I am really excited to get to know you guys and go through this with you all!!!
4hearts and Erin-- like this.
October 13th, 2012, 10:46 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for starting this post! I loving reading about people and hearing their stories, so fun!

My name is Valerie. I live in Utah. My DH is Alex, he is an HR Manager for a property management company. I am finishing a double major in May in City/Metropolitan Planning and Finance. I have been working with the Utah Heritage Foundation and would like to focus my career on restoration and preservation of historical buildings

I have a DD named Jocelyn who is 4 1/2. She was baby B of a twin pregnancy, my son, Jaxon only lived 13 days. Miss him everyday! I have another DS named Gabriel, who just turned 2 a couple of weeks ago.

I am a high risk mama-to-be. So there are nerves there for sure. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis a year and a half ago and definitely am nervous for what that will bring. Never have been very religious but always spiritual and have true beliefs that there is a higher plan for me and God is watching over me. I am blessed, despite everything, and so thrilled to be me!

I came from a big family and am looking forward to continuing to grow mine. I am just also really looking forward to getting to the second tri and away from all my yucky and very strange symptoms! (Itching, weird dreams, headaches)

Totally looking forward to diving in with all these savvy mama's and cloth diapering this time around . If you have any tips, please message me... I will admit after looking at reviews and stuff my eyes kind of glossed over and I got a headache.. lol.. so much information!

Looking forward to getting to know you all
4hearts likes this.

October 13th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I'm Erin. I'll be 22 in a couple weeks and I currently work at a portrait studio and also do alt modeling on the side (which will be ending soon due to this surprise ;p). I'm a full time student finishing up my last few months of undergrad. I will be getting my BA in psychology with a minor in sociology and was planning on starting graduate school for acupuncture and traditional chinese medicine/neuropathy next summer, but it looks like that might have to wait another couple semesters now. In the meantime I'm hoping to get my EEG certification and pass my PTCB so I can have a more stable job with benefits.
I live in northern california, but I'm originally from the midwest. I love reading, food, yoga, and my furry children (black lab/newfie pup and a fat cat).
Even though it wasn't planned, I'm really looking forward to this pregnancy and getting to know everyone better!
4hearts likes this.
October 14th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am Claire and my DH is Nick. I was born and raised in Louisiana. I do Accounting and payroll at a local bank and I absolutely love my job. DH farms corn, cotton, soybeans, etc. This is his busy time, but he is about to be done for a few months! We have a son Carter who is 2 1/2 who keeps us very busy!

We had a loss in August at 9 weeks. We got pregnant on our first cycle after our loss. I am a nervous wreck and probably will be until we hear the heartbeat. This will be our 2nd and probably our last. I want to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy.

I have a feeling it is going to be a busy year for us. Before we found out we were pregnant we were talking about putting our house on the market next year. Between the baby and DH's schedule it will be interesting!

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies in the coming months!

Patti - I love Scentsy!!!
4hearts likes this.

October 14th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi all! My name is Jessie. While I am originally from Oregon, I married a European and have been living overseas for 9 years now. We live in the Black Forest region of Germany. We just finished building our first house this year! We are both veterinarians, but have completely different jobs/focus.

We currently have 2 sons. My oldest is Jaxon, 3. My youngest is Jeremy, 13 months. We also have a dog, cat, and 3 horses.

We had a surprise pregnancy (1st cycle PP) in June, but m/c at 6 weeks. While we were preventing and still discussing whether we want a 3rd or not, surprise again! I am nervous and excited to hopefully get to see the heartbeat this Tuesday.
4hearts likes this.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 14th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm Erica married to Christopher. We live in upstate new york, where I was born and raised. But, I've also lived in Boston, NYC and Philly in the past 10 years (for schooling and jobs). I have a masters in education (elementary ed) and was a Kindergarten teacher in Boston (and one year of first grade) until we moved back to our hometown. I wasn't able to find a teaching job (moved at bad timing) and I'm now an executive assistant for a lawyer. I'm undecided if I want to be a SAHM or go back to work, big decision for me. I definitely want to go back to teaching, just not quite sure when right now. DH is a dentist.

This is our second pregnancy. I was pregnant last year, and miscarried at a bit over 12 weeks- almost 13. Makes this pregnancy a bit nerve wracking, but trying not to focus on that.

My biggest passion is music- I've played piano since I was just 6. I also enjoy hiking, running, reading, cooking, baking and hanging out with my awesome group of friends.
4hearts likes this.
October 14th, 2012, 06:54 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi I'm Jasmine. I just turned 31 at the end of Sept the same day my father suddenly passed away. I'm married to Paul who is also 31 and we have been married for over 6 years. We have a 2 year son named Drake who was also born in June of 2010. We are in the process of actually moving as we sold our condo and bought a new home at the start of Sept so to say I have been having an emotional month of ups and downs is an understatement. I'm still coming to grips with losing my dad (I'm an only child) and some days are easier than others. We also share our home with 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and 3 cats which Im sure will make this move even more fun

My husband is a high school physics/math teacher and also does a lot of IT tech work on the side for the school as a contractor. I work as a nanny and have for almost 5 years, this is my 4th year with my current family. I love being a nanny and I bring my son with me to work usually for a little while so Im a little stressed at the idea of taking both of them next year but we will cross that bridge I guess when we get there.

In my spare time Im a hobby photographer as my interest grew exponentially after Drake was born. I also like to read and shop. I belong to a clothing forum for children actually and love shopping for Drake and cant wait to shop again for a new one.

Nice to meet all of you and I hope we all have a wonderful happy healthy nine months together
4hearts likes this.
October 14th, 2012, 07:31 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Ashley and I will be 26 in 2 weeks! My long-time fiancé is Jordan and he is 31. We have a very unconventional relationship for the area that we live in. We have been together for many years and engaged for 2 of those, just no wedding anywhere in the future. We want to get married eventually, we just did things backwards and have been busy raising a family! We have a daughter, Jaleigh, who is 5 and just started kindergarten this year. We also have a son, Kiefer, who will be 2 next month and he is our wild child. We also share our house with 1 dog, 2 cats, a guinea pig, and some fish!

Jordan is a network engineer for a wireless internet company. I am a surgical tech for a veterinary hospital. I thoroughly enjoy my job but we are debating whether or not I will stay at home for awhile after this baby is born. I have been working since Jaleigh was about 1 so I would like some time at home with my younger babies.

We had a m/c at 7 weeks in December 2011 and another m/c at 6 weeks in April 2012. Needless to say, I am a nervous wreck right now. This is more than likely our last baby so I hope to be able to enjoy this pregnancy once we are out of the 1st trimester.

As far as my interests, I love anything outdoors. I LOVE Oklahoma and Texas Tech football. We really enjoy spending our weekends cooking out and hanging out with our wonderful friends and their kids.
MissErica likes this.

October 14th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Rochelle
Hi, I'm Rochelle. I'm 30 yrs old and live in north FL on some acreage with DH and our 3 children. We have a daughter that's 9.5, a son that's 5 and another daughter that's 2. I Homeschool the older two and they are in "grades" 4 and Kindergarten.
We have a Chihuahua and too many cats (DH's wording). DH works full time at a grocery warehouse.

We have cloth diapered all three kids 50% of the time. There always seems to be some reason it becomes too much to deal with. Right now our problem is both our low water pressure bc we need a new well dug and the fact that DD2 is potty training and won't keep on a cloth diaper for more than a few mins. So, she's either running around buck-neckked or in padded undies. I've breastfed all the kids for 2 yrs a piece or close to it.

I don't have a dishwasher bc of the poor water pressure so I'm always doing dishes! ANd laundry takes forever to do and is hard to keep up with. We'll get a new well soon I hope.

I really like crafts and scrapbooking but have time for neither really. I am working on a couple of crossstitching gifts for Christmas and some other things involving yarn.

I really like comedy and some drama movies. Some of my fav movies are Napoleon Dynamite, The Wedding Singer, and Sense and Sensibility.
TV, I like Raising hope, Hoarders (gets me in a cleaning mood), Modern Family, The Middle, The office, Parenthood, Parks and Rec, Up all night, Glee (don't judge!), and some new things.

I'm re-reading "Gone with the wind" right now.

I'm very into Astrology and I do have faith in God though I'm non-denominational.

That's about it, I think.

Good to meet you all!
MissErica likes this.
October 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm Jennifer, we live in Upper Michigan four miles outside a very rural town (pop. about 350) on 40 acres. When we first moved up here our intention was to homestead, but the only animals we currently have are chickens, two dairy goats, an old dog we love dearly and a fat cat who still manages to catch mice for us. I was a SAHM for 12 years but my hubby has been unemployed most of the last three years so I've been working. Since this summer I work full time as a home health aid and part time doing direct care in a group home for adults with serious developmental disabilities or mental illness. I love my jobs, even though it is very difficult going from home full time, to working part time, to working 60+ hours per week.

This is my 10th pregnancy. #1 was born 15 weeks early in 1995. #2, #3, #4, and #5 were born full term. #5 was our first homebirth. #6 we lost in 2006 at 36 weeks, we knew she had passed and decided to deliver her at home ourselves. It was very difficult but I've never regretted our decision to keep that event private. #7, our first rainbow baby, and #8 were both healthy, fullterm and born at home with the midwife running late. #9 was due in January 2013, but we lost that baby in July. This pregnancy honestly surprised me. We started the cycle intending to TTA, but changed our minds last minute. I wouldn't have expected to get pregnant the first and only time we tried.

Um, what else? We are Catholic, we homeschool the kids, I love to read but never have time anymore. I run a few times a week, workout almost daily (host the Weightloss and Fitness board here at JM!), want to learn rock climbing, but that's going to have to wait until next year, obviously. This is my 4th DDC and I really am happy to join y'all! Hope I get to stay!
4hearts and MissErica like this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 14th, 2012, 08:41 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Teresa. I'm 31, and live in Upstate NY with my DH Matt and his 8 year old DD. We have been trying to get pregnant for over a year. I got a BFP in May, and M/Cd 6 days later. So, needless to say, I'm another one in the "nervous wreck" group.

I am an area manager for a chain of convenience stores. My DH works for a manufacturing company. I would love to be a SAHM, but I know we can't afford that right now.

I love to read, hike, bike, and geocache. I am also a Scentsy consultant, although I don't dedicate nearly as much time to it as I'd like to.
4hearts and MissErica like this.

October 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
I'm Josie. I'm 26. I live in St. Petersburg, Russia with my dh, Mikhail (I call him Misha), our dd, Miroslava, who is 5 months old, and our two dogs, Snejana and Dasha. I am a lawyer and I work on the weekends (when I'm not overswamped with lawyer-ly things lol) at a business that is really a Russian style website. I usually contribute to articles and interview and and upcoming and older fashion designers here in Russia.

My dh and I are currently in the process of adopting our son, Georgie. He is 16 months old and has the prettiest (to us) blond hair and blue eyes. He will be 18 months when he comes home to us in November and he will be 2 by the time this baby arrives.

I love to read, write, take pictures, and really relax at home. I also like to travel
4hearts likes this.
October 14th, 2012, 09:43 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I'm Nicole. I'm 28 years old and live in southern Idaho where I'm a SAHM to our 4 kids, Luke who will be 8 tomorrow, Nathan, 6, Danielle, 3, and Alaina who turned one in August. I am also a FT student and super senior. I have been trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up for the past 10 years, but I still don't have it figured out. I would have graduated next spring with a BA in psychology and gone on to get a masters, but I decided to basically start over. I'm hoping to apply for the nursing (RN) program next fall. I have also worked several years towards an English/secondary ed. degree, 2 years towards a nursing (LPN) degree, and I'm a certified dental assistant. I just love school and I really don't want it to end lol.

DH is Matt and works FT installing car audio and also owns a small business doing water transfer printing. We bought our first house last year and have 2 dogs, a cat, and 2 guinea pigs.

I love to read and write when I have time and my latest favorite hobby is SLEEPING. I can't seem to get enough this pregnancy! I LOVE to cook and bake and do quite a bit of it. I'm also involved in my local MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) and participate in ladies Bible studies with them as well as with our home church where I'm also a 2nd/3rd grade Sunday school teacher. I like to be busy all the time lol I am a member of the August 2011 playroom which is a really active group. I'm looking forward to going through the next 7-8 months with you ladies!
4hearts likes this.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 14th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm Stephanie and my husband is Matt. I just turned 27 on the 29th of September, so this baby was kind of like a birthday present for me. We live in NW Florida, where husband is a high school Latin and AP World History teacher, and I'm a homemaker/substitute teacher. I worked for the last 5 years as a paraprofessional to special needs kids, but the school I worked at last year was for violent kids, and since we were TTC, I quit my job for my and our future child's safety.

I was born and raised in Southern California, and moved to Iowa for college, where I met DH. We moved down to Florida last year when this was the only school who would hire him.

This is our first pregnancy so we're really excited and nervous and kind of freaking out. We've already been able to see the heartbeat, so that put us at ease that everything is going well so far, and I can't wait to see the heartbeat again when we go back in 4 weeks. I look forward to going through this experience with all of you ladies
4hearts likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 14th, 2012, 02:45 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am Lyndsey and my husband is Kyle. I am 27 and he is 25. We have been together 9 years and married for 6. Yes if you are doing the math in your head he was 16 and I was 18. Sometimes you just find the right person and when its right its right.

David is our first son who is our honeymoon baby. He was born while Kyle was deployed. He is 5 and started kinder this year. He loves it so much. He is my little gymnast. Katelynn was conceived when David was 9 months old. We thought we were ready for another child and then after thinking about it after a few months of TTC we knew we just were not ready well God had other plan as we were pregnant the month we were avoiding. She was born after a very quick labor and has kept us on our toes every sense. She will be 4 next month. Everett was born on his due date after a very fast at home. He was our first truly planned baby.

Kyle is currently a navy recruiter in central, CA. While I stay home with the kids. I would eventually like to do something in the birth field although I am not sure what. I am very passionate about informed birth choices but I try really hard not to judge other peoples choices while informing them of their options. I do my best to not come of as pushy but sometimes it may come across that way. I realize that our choice are not for everyone but I truly believe everyone deserves a beautiful birth experience no matter how their child is brought into the world. We cloth diaper and I am still breastfeeding our youngest. We plan to let him self wean so I will probably be tandem nursing. Um I love camping and reading. I am really just enjoying the way my life went even though it was not completely according to my plan. I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!
edgeofelise and 4hearts like this.

October 14th, 2012, 06:53 PM
My name is Tosha. Single mom to Gage (3 1/2). I am currently a full time college student about a year away from my associates degree in Paralegal Studies. Hoping to work from home so this baby has the same thing my son did. Right now I work in a conveinence store. I live at home with my grandparents who are absolutely amazing and completely supportive.
Baby was completely unplanned. Dated a guy for not too long, birth control failed. Got pregnant. We broke up apprently the day after I conceived, I met someone a few days later. We had been officially dating about a week and a half when I found out I was expecting again. Not exactly an ideal situation but the babys father is completely supportive and my boyfriend is also doing pretty well with the situation. DS is excited and has already informed me he wants a brother but def not a sister. LOL
Between DS, school, work and trying to build a relationship plus being pregnant I don't have free time but on the off chance I get some I try to spend my down time with my little one. He is absolutely the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me and I am very excited to be a Mom again!!
I had a m/c 2/23/2010 @ 16 weeks so I am a little apprehensive but I truly believe this child is a blessing and gift and feel pretty confident in this pregnancy. U/S this friday, the 19th, praying to see that beautiful little heart beat!!
So that is me in a nut shell. Like I said, not exactly the ideal situation but I am committed to making the situation work for my family and to just raise my children to the best of my ability. I look forward to making this journey with you all!!!
4hearts likes this.
October 14th, 2012, 08:33 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Danielle, 29, DH is Elliot, also 29, and our DD Eliza is 2. I'm originally from Akron, OH but I've lived in Seattle for ten years. I left college after a year and moved out here to be with my boyfriend at the time. I'm glad that one didn't work out!

Elliot and I started dating 5 years ago this November. In spring 2009 we had a surprise pregnancy but it turned out to be a chemical. We were devastated, though we weren't yet even engaged and it wasn't at all planned. It made us realize how much we wanted a family and we got engaged a few weeks after the loss. A few months later I was pregnant with Eliza and we got married when she was one. She took her first steps on our wedding day.

I never figured out what I wanted to be when I grow up. I still have no idea. I work part-time at a bed and breakfast and while it has its moments, I hate it. DH is finishing school in the fisheries department at the University of Washington; he'll be done in March. After that we'll move anywhere in the country where he can find a good job. I'm excited for the change. We live in a neighborhood in Seattle that is not at all kid friendly and I can't wait to leave.

I want to be home when my babies are little, and once we're settled and the kids are in school I'll figure out what I want to do. I'd like to do something creative; my major in school was art education but I figured out quickly that I don't want to be a teacher. I'm also really passionate about birth and I feel very lucky to have made some of my best friends through the midwifery clinic while I was pregnant with Eliza. It was so much fun to text my best friend who set me up with an appointment right away! I'm interested in doula work, particularly post-partum. I spent so much time preparing myself for a natural homebirth that I was completely unprepared to find myself recovering from an unexpected c-section. I want to help women with that transition.

It's so lovely to meet all of you!
4hearts likes this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search