Telling everyone

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Regular
How long are you going to wait until you tell people outside of immediate family and friends? Are you waiting to hear the heartbeat on when you pass the 12 week mark?
October 14th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We will tell close family and friends at around 14-16 weeks. Everyone else will find out when I start showing lol.
October 14th, 2012, 10:14 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
DH and I have already told our close friends. It's my family we're waiting to tell. I have never been able to wait till 12 weeks to tell anyone, but we might this time!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 14th, 2012, 10:15 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd say around 12-14 weeks before we tell anyone!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 14th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I would prefer to wait until 2nd trimester to tell people. The father already told someone within an hour of knowing himself though I told him not to and he said it's taking all of his self-control to not tell everyone he sees lol. He said he's telling his mom which even though I don't want anyone knowing (not even my family knows - only my two best friends) I understand and I know she'll be supportive. My next appointment is at 10 weeks, so after that I'll probably give him the green light to tell his extended family and friends. Telling my family and actually posting it on facebook or something will wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas, depending on when I can afford to fly out to see any of my family (no one lives in state).
October 14th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We told our immediate family and close friends the day we found out. We told the extended family and friends yesterday after we saw the heartbeat on Friday. Facebook gets to know after our next u/s at 10 weeks.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 14th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have only told a few people so far. We will tell everyone else after our first appt when we hear the hb.

October 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I'd rather tell complete strangers, who won't be telling my family, than tell anyone I know. We are going to hold out for as long as possible.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 14th, 2012, 01:57 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After I see/heart the heartbeat.. which won't be until 10 weeks.

October 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Mommy_2layla's Avatar Veteran
I will tell my mother and best friend after i have my first appointment... the rest of my family will find out from there lol

October 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best friend is the only one who knows or will know until we hit 13 weeks. With my history of early losses, we would feel better waiting.

October 14th, 2012, 03:28 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to tell people so bad. We will probably wait a while though just because once we tell family, my four year old will know and announce it at school, which could get out at my work and I wanted to wait until the first trimester or seeing the heartbeat at least until telling my work.

Before, we told my family right away but with a little one who is going to be soooo excited we will probably wait a while to tell.

I got her a shirt to wear that says on the front "shhhh...I've got a secret" then on the back it says "I'm going to be a big sister" with her name.

October 14th, 2012, 03:41 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to wait until 10-12 wks but my mom posted a pic of NY son in his shirt that we announce within Facebook and tagged me in it so my entire Facebook knows and about 3 people at work know

October 14th, 2012, 03:51 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We havent really told anyone. Outside of JM friends, 1 friend IRL, and my husband no one knows. It will likely not go over well so I am dreading it.

October 14th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to tell so bad!! We have a family dinner at my momaw's every Sunday and it was so hard to keep my secret! We want to wait until our first appt to tell our parents which will be almost 4 more weeks.
October 14th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Regular
My FI is so excited that he blabbed to a bunch of people day one and pretty much anytime he sees someone he tells them.. the only thing that he hasnt done is announced on FB. hes making it hard to wait til 12 weeks but I'm going to try my best.
October 14th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Family and close friends already know (I'm bad with keeping exciting things a secret). I'm prolly going to wait till I'm in second trimester to announce on Facebook.
October 14th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aidan View Post
I wanted to wait until 10-12 wks but my mom posted a pic of NY son in his shirt that we announce within Facebook and tagged me in it so my entire Facebook knows and about 3 people at work know
OMG! I would be SOOOOO pissed!! Wow.

I'm going to wait until the 2nd trimester to post anything on facebook.

October 15th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Lauren
We will probably tell family and close friends after our first appointment. Not sure when I'll announce on FB, with my last pregnancy I never made an FB announcement and several people only found out after I had popped DS out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search