Break up.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2012, 08:03 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get home tonight and my SO needs to talk. He tells me that we haven't known each other very long and that he doesn't know if he loves me. He wants to work on our friendship so that we can be there for the baby, but he doesn't want to be romantically involved. I'm so devastated.

October 14th, 2012, 08:08 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
Oh Sweetie! I am so soooo sorry That is horrible. I will hope that everything works out okay and he comes around. For his sake, yours and that little baby's.

October 14th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you. Maybe the news has just scared him. I hope you are okay.
October 14th, 2012, 08:12 PM
~*Kudzu*~'s Avatar ~praying for a miracle~
He's probably just needing time to adjust.. will this be his first baby? That can make a huge difference to a guy. I hope it turns out to be just a bump on an otherwise long and peaceful road for the two (soon to be three) of you!

10/2001 09/2002 05/2003 01/2011 10/2012
October 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Wow. I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry you are going through this. However, you can do this. We're women. We're better and stronger. I'm praying that everything works out in the best possible way for you and your baby.
October 14th, 2012, 09:27 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am so sorry. I hope that over time you can build a friendship and put the relationship back together.

October 14th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks everyone. I've been cramping since it happened. Just trying to calm down. I know I'll be okay, but it's really hard right now.

October 14th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Lauren
I'm sorry, that really sucks.
October 14th, 2012, 11:57 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 15th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Reading that just made my stomache turn! I can't tell you how AWEFUL I feel for you. I went through a similar situation with my daughters father. I only knew him 3 months before getting pregnant. He wanted to to get an abortion and I refused. We had that same "break up" talk but had decided to stick it out for the same of the baby. And we stick it out for almost 10 years and looking back, I WISH we had broken up! He was never there for me or the baby. Never touched my preggo belly, never changed a diaper, never did a feeding. I know it hurts now but you never know if this is going to end up in a blessing. I know when I broke up with her father (finally after many years), I met the most AMAZING man ever. I pray for the best for you and your baby! Many hugs your way!
mommy_to_nico and Gen88 like this.
October 15th, 2012, 02:46 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry, that is terrible.

October 15th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, that is a lot to take in. I hope you both an figure out what's best for the three of you

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 15th, 2012, 03:50 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he comes around. Best of luck to you.

October 15th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I am so sorry
October 15th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Thank you all for the kind words. What kills me is he actually asked me last night why I wouldn't get an abortion. I was stunned because he's a pretty religious guy, but he said that God would forgive us if we asked for forgiveness afterward. I just looked at him. I could never do that. I don't judge anyone for their choices, but I know I couldn't do that.

October 15th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshute View Post
Thank you all for the kind words. What kills me is he actually asked me last night why I wouldn't get an abortion. I was stunned because he's a pretty religious guy, but he said that God would forgive us if we asked for forgiveness afterward. I just looked at him. I could never do that. I don't judge anyone for their choices, but I know I couldn't do that.
I'm proud of you for standing up for what you believe. Hang in there dear! You've got us!
October 15th, 2012, 05:38 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this right now. I hope that you can find peace soon with or without him. You are a strong lovely wonderful person and he should realize that but if he doesn't its his loss not yours or your baby. Big hugs
October 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshute View Post
Ugh that makes me sick. Not that I am a religious expert or anything, but I always had the impression that if you committed a sin with the INTENTION of just immediately asking for forgiveness afterward--it wasn't so freely given. So sorry he is being a coward about the situation.. but I really think he may come around. Don't ever compromise on what you believe in. And he either comes around or he doesn't but you deserve respect and someone that will support you AND that sweet innocent baby.
TeresaV and Steph625 like this.

October 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh i am so sorry to hear this. Please stay strong for the baby. You can do this! You have lots of support here sweetie. Maybe he will come around. just hang tight and know that you can get through anything. You made the right choice by refusing to abort. we support you here. i know it's not much but at least it is something!
October 15th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Again - Thank you all for your support! It looks like we're going to remain room mates for now. I'm not sure if it's harder this way or if it'd be harder if he just left. I have a good support system within my family, and would move the hour and a half from where I am to be near my mother. She is self employed and has already said that if I'd move, she'd definitely help me out by watching the baby while I'm at work and that kind of thing. It's nice to know that I have options no matter what happens.

And thank you everyone on supporting my decision not to abort. I support other women's choices, but I know that it's not something I could ever choose for myself. This may be my only chance to be a mom and I'm not going to do anything to jeopardize it. Between me and my family, the baby will never feel less than completely loved.

I hope you all know how much your support means to me and that I so appreciate the outlet here!
mommy_to_nico likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search