Vent Session..

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 1 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez
  • 1 Post By AK Mom
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 03:53 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, okay I am giving into my hormones and having a little vent session.. please don't take any offense at all, because that would just devastate me!

A little background-- When I was 18 and just out of high school, I got pregnant.. It was twins. We were thrilled. At our 19 week ultrasound we found out they were B/G and then were immediately told I was 3 cm dialated and about to lose them.. well I went into emergency surgery and 5 weeks of bedrest and then delivered my babies. They very perfect, amazing, beautiful. I lost my son just 13 days later... and my daughter suffered a severe brain bleed. I was devastated.

Fast forward to today.. I am seeing twins EVERYWHERE. I am so incredibly jealous of those that are pregnant with twins and beyond envious of those that have had them and both survived. I literally break down and cry almost everyday. I know it is the hormones.. I have been fine for 4 years and now I am falling apart again.

I am so resentful toward my body for failing me. I can't ever shake the feeling that it wasn't my fault it all happened the way it did. I hold resentment toward those that are convinced they are having them and I don't know why. I don't know what is wrong with me!!

And worse of all.. I have a SUPER high risk of having another set. I know that a lot of people would love to find out about twins but to me it is like a super nightmare if I found out. I am freaking out because I won't know for another 5 weeks whether it is one or two. My pregnancy is absolutely 100% the same as my last twin one, so I am literally sick to my stomach over it. This will def be my last pregnancy.

Sorry ladies, I just had to vent to someone, anyone. Please just everyone say their prayers that it is just one baby in my belly.. or if it is two that God will grant me the honor of actually keeping both. Send me extra extra sticky dust and "virtual xanax's" so I will quit being so emotionally crazy!

Thanks again...

October 15th, 2012, 03:54 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, those feelings sound completely normal and rational to me. Prayers to you for a healthy 9 months.
~*Nicole*~ likes this.

October 15th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Thank you Teresa. I really appreciate that.
TeresaV likes this.

October 15th, 2012, 04:28 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think those are totally normal emotions to have, pregnant or not. There are a few ladies in my son's PR that were due at the same time as my 2 pregnancies that ended in m/c. I feel awful but I have a very hard time being happy for them or even reading their posts now...and I've "known" these ladies for 2.5 years! Hugs mama!!

October 15th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I totally understand what you are feeling and I think it's normal for someone who has had a loss(es). Praying you have one super sticky baby in there!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 15th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't even imagine. I would never judge you for your feelings, I'm sure they are totally normal. You suffered a big loss! I hope that everything in your pregnancy goes well
October 15th, 2012, 05:31 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't imagine that kind of loss. I know I'd feel the same way, though. It's a natural human reaction.

Lots of sticky dust and 'virtual xanax' your way!! But you better share the xanax as I need some currently as well!
MrsLat likes this.

October 15th, 2012, 07:20 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
You have every right to be anxious. I didn't even loose mine. They were just early, and that is enough to be worried about. I felt like my body failed me, over and over again.
Will you be seeing a high risk ob? Sometimes, that can help, especially if they are able to answer worse case scenario questions.
Hang in thete.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
aww hun, you have every right to feel the way you do. I think it is perfectly normal to have such strong feelings after an experience like that. I have been through some devastating loses as well and I share alot of those feelings.
as your hormone levels start to level off i am sure some of the "crazy" will dissapear and like rebecca said, if you can get in to be seen by a high risk ob it will definatly help to ease some fears. I know my high risk was a god send to me for both my pregnancies.Hugs hugs hugs
October 15th, 2012, 08:48 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs hun!

October 15th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Thank you guys, you are amazing. I feel better and now feel bad for saying anything! Isn't that how it goes when you are emotionally out of control, lol? I am feeling a lot better.

Yes, I will be seeing a high risk OB. I have to have a cerclage placement, progesterone shots and that whole fun ball game when I reach 14 weeks and the high risk OB always was making appts for me right along my regular OB I was referred completely out of the care of my regular OB and down to Maternal Fetal Medicine with the twins, so who knows where I will end up! I am just freaking out because I won't be seeing anyone for another 5 weeks and that is like torture!

*Update* it looks like my freaking out will soon end! I have been having severe itching everywhere, and it looks like I will be squeezed in a few weeks early to make sure everything is okay, BW wise.. so I will know very soon how many babes are in there

October 15th, 2012, 03:46 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think your feelings are completely normal and I am so sorry that you had to go through that. It must have been so hard, I can't imagine. HUGS!

I am glad they were able to get you in sooner!
MrsLat likes this.

October 15th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Just curious, but I wonder if you'll be going to the same MFM group as me.
I get to stay with them my whole pregnancy. It's almost an hour drive but worth the peace of mind.
MrsLat likes this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8miraclez View Post
Just curious, but I wonder if you'll be going to the same MFM group as me.
I get to stay with them my whole pregnancy. It's almost an hour drive but worth the peace of mind.
What MFM clinic do you go to? If ya don't mind me asking! You can message it to me if you don't wanna post it to the web! IHC based on non...?

BTW, you ladies are lovely.. we have had such a rough couple of weeks so far, with so many struggles and I am thankful to have people I can just de-stress with!

October 15th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I'll be going down to IMC. They all know me too well there. I'm sure when my doctor sees me, he's going to say "oh no, not you again". I'm probably a little too anxious.
MrsLat likes this.

October 15th, 2012, 04:29 PM
AK Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Prayers and hugs for you.
MrsLat likes this.

October 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8miraclez View Post
I'll be going down to IMC. They all know me too well there. I'm sure when my doctor sees me, he's going to say "oh no, not you again". I'm probably a little too anxious.
I will be at IMC too! And believe me.. my doctors and ppl know me all too well too. But luckily I have an amazing doctor who was understanding! I was in L&D 5 times prior to actually delivering.. so 6 times total and that was during my FULL TERM, NORMAL pregnancy lol. I lost count with the preemies!

Yay, maybe we will see each other around, spending waaaay too much time sitting in waiting rooms!
8miraclez likes this.

October 15th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Wow, I'm not alone, lol.
I've spent way too much time in the hospital and way too much time on bedrest.
I hope we both have uneventful, boring pregnancies this time.
MrsLat likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search