Stretch marks?!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Nadine613's Avatar Regular
Good morning ladies!

I know this is too early but I have been reading about stretch marks, some say its genetics, some say it is not... I have a couple of stretch marks from gaining and losing weight while in school and now i have noticed small ones on the sides of my breasts

I want to start on something that will help my skin stretch when it needs to, Palemrs reviews are not very good and I'm worried about vitamin E, which I thought was good and now read people saying should be avoided?

Any insights will be helpful on what works/ does not work, recommendations and thoughts about vE.

Have a great week!
October 15th, 2012, 07:39 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I already have stretch marks due to weight fluctuations over my entire adult life. I have read so many conflicting reviews about this product vs. that product. It is all so confusing. I bought a bottle of Palmers Cocoa Butter the first time I got pregnant, and have since read that it really doesn't work. I guess I'm just going to stay moisturized and drink as much water as I can. Nature will take its course.

October 15th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Super Mommy
MOuisturize and drink a ton of water is mainly yourbest bet

October 15th, 2012, 07:57 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, don't bother with the fancy creams. If you're going to get them, you're pretty much going to get them. I thought I was going to escape the last pregnancy unscathed, but at 38 weeks it was like my skin hit capacity for stretching and I watched them pop up every day. I tried a bunch of different things and nothing worked, though keeping my belly moisturized kept them from itching and being uncomfortable. The good news is that they faded to the point where they don't even bother me within a year.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 15th, 2012, 11:38 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is a lot of genetics I have heard. I got them, my mom got them, etc. Don't waste your money on palmers! I just bought a cheap-o bottle of Johnson's baby oil and really cheap cocoa butter and it seemed to help last time. Especially the baby oil with the stretching, itchy skin. I would put a little in a bath tub and I didn't get any stretch marks until days before I delivered--Dang it Gabe, why couldn't you have come 3 days earlier?!
edgeofelise likes this.

October 15th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I wouldnt waste your money on anything. I bought EVERYTHING out there, i exercised, i drank water, I only gained 20lbs (120-140) and I still got stretchmarks. I really think there isn't too much you can do about them, although moisturizing will make them less itchy

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Super Mommy
I am 3 kids in and no stretch marks on my stomach. Butt and boobs are a different story lol I guess I better knock on wood now that I said that

October 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Lauren
I was very diligent about moisturizing, but I still got 'em. They were evil and tricked me too by not showing up until the last few weeks of my pregnancy, just when I thought I was off the hook!
October 15th, 2012, 04:23 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I had 6 kids and no stretch marks, on my stomach anyway. With my last one though, they just appeared. I didn't do anything different.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 16th, 2012, 09:59 AM
elizabethchallis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't get any stretch marks and gained 38 lbs I used dollar store coconut lotion

6 weeks 10 weeks 4 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search