Brown discharge...trying to stay positive

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TeresaV

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 11:56 AM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
So yesterday I kept having brown discharge when I wiped...yup the dreaded stuff on the toilet paper!

It went on all day every time I went to the bathroom, then one time I swear it looked more red also has like an odor to it

It eased up during the night and didn't really have any this morning...I spoke to my OB nurse and she didn't sound concerned at all, just told me its normal its old blood and from all the changes your bodys going thru. I've also been a little crampy and bloated but nothing really painful...she just said to drink lots of water and take it easy when I feel crampy.

Well I felt better...but last time I went to the bathroom a small brown clot type thing came out but I had no discharge when I wiped...

Ah! I'm so confused and feeling really down...trying to prepare for the worst. I've never had a miscarriage before and I'm terrified...I don't think the OB will see me as I'm so early...my first official appointment is not til Nov 9th.

I'm also meant to be flying to the UK in a few weeks, despite the discharge the nurse told me its perfectly safe....I don't know what to do or think right now
October 15th, 2012, 12:02 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
With both my pregnancies, I had brown discharge. I was told the same thing, "brown blood is old blood". And a small amount is usually normal and just fine. My OB didn't see me early for that either. I was told just to call if it turned red, got heavy or was accompanied by some hard cramps.

Also as far as a wierd smell, I always have noticed that too in regards to CM when I am pregnant... it is strange... it wasn't like bad, just different. Doc just kind of smiled and checked for an infection. I was fine, lol.

Good luck, sending you sticky dust! We have had enough losses already in this group.. we need some awesome positive news!

October 15th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant with my DS I had brown discharge at the beginning and end of my pregnancy, each time it lasted for like 3 days and everything was fine, my doctor would tell me it's just old blood and as long as it wasn't blood with crampi g then I wouldn't worry! So try to relax, this is pretty common in pregnancy!

October 15th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Try to relax although its easier said than done! Saying prayers everything is just fine

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 15th, 2012, 12:20 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just saw my doctor today and told him spotting was my biggest fear. He also said not to worry unless it is bright red, heavy, or accompanied by severe cramping. Prayers coming your way. It sounds normal.

October 15th, 2012, 12:35 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping all is well!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
October 15th, 2012, 12:43 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Yeh the nurse was pretty short with me and almost brushed it off which helped me relax a bit. I don't even know if I would call what I saw was a clot it was kinda stringy.
I didn't have any of this with my first pregnancy...which makes me worry. I'm trying to take it easy and not get stressed.

Yes please send prayers and sticky baby dust!
October 15th, 2012, 01:12 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like the other ladies said, it doesn't sound like much to be worried about. Deep breaths!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 15th, 2012, 05:27 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Well the cramping is getting worse and I had some red blood...sorry ladies but I'm not hopeful at all at this point I've not had a miscarriage before but I feel like I'm losing the baby its like a gut instinct.

Just sucks that there's nothing you can do...OB can't check the baby yet, can only wait and be tortured!
October 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
Aw hun, I am so sorry. I hope and pray that there is a miracle and something else is going on. I hate that mama's instincts are so strong and often correct. I am gonna hope your instinct is wrong though! I hope you can get into the Dr. soon and get it checked!

October 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you.
October 15th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
Thoughts and Prayers
as the ladies told you bright red blood is a concern
Brown discharge could be old blood

hang in there <3

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
October 15th, 2012, 07:52 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wishing the best for you!

October 15th, 2012, 08:06 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Keeping fingers crossed and sending you sticky dust.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 15th, 2012, 08:31 PM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Its not BRIGHT red...more like the beginning of your AF. Its eased up again and it also kinda burns when I pee...def gonna get checked out tomorrow one way or another!

Its like I wanna be able to either relax and enjoy my pregnancy or start mourning my loss, I hate this in between and not knowing
October 15th, 2012, 08:58 PM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh hun, I am saying a prayer for you tonight - I know what its like to be in your shoes at this moment. I have been there too many times myself. If you need someone to PM and vent - im here anytime. Keep us posted
October 16th, 2012, 03:17 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that this is happening and that you are in limbo. I hope you know one way or the other very soon.

October 16th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Super Mommy
Im sorry you are going through this...you are in our thoughts....please keep us updated
October 16th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking about you, I hope everything is ok. Please kup.
October 16th, 2012, 11:04 AM
ERose's Avatar Veteran
Its eased up and back to being light brown...had horrible morning sickness this morning, had an appointment to process my daughter's passport for our trip and was terrified I was going to throw up

I decided I'm not gonna go to the docs...I'm just going to leave things to nature...if I lose the baby there's nothing I can do about it anyway. Just gonna keep busy and focus on my exciting upcoming trip back home to the UK...my fiance and I aren't going to talk about babies or get our hopes up at this point.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search