Is anyone else going to be...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Super Mommy
Having a c-section with their June babies? Its been forever since I had one so I have been feeling VERY nervous about it.....
October 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really, really hope to have a VBAC. Chances for that are probably pretty slim, though.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 16th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Super Mommy
Has your doctor given you the ok to go for the vbac?
October 16th, 2012, 07:18 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I hope not, but you never can be sure.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
I really, really hope to have a VBAC. Chances for that are probably pretty slim, though.
You can do it!! But even just allowing your body a trial of labor and your baby deciding when it's time is great!

October 16th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Super Mommy
I had a really great experience with my c-section 8 years ago...i am just having major anxiety with this one for some reason My hope is that we can band together and help eased each others fears....

Last edited by Karenna; October 16th, 2012 at 07:44 AM.
October 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Rochelle
Yep, I am. We have 3 Emergency c/s's under our belt. The last 2 of those were failed VBAC's. There's something up with the shape of my pelvis, the babies don't descend and I get stuck at 6cm dilated. DO I think a VBAC is still minutely possible, yea, but it stressed me out so bad my last two pg's and for nothing. I strongly encourage VBAC's with other women but I am done with them for myself.

I am however, going to make sure the dr is onboard with me going into labor naturally and then coming in for the c/s. It's good for the baby's lungs to experience a short bout of labor and it also gives baby a chance to pick their bday But we will have a scheduled date probably at around almost 42 weeks since all my babies are late and if baby doesn't put me into labor on their own, we'll just have to go in and force them out. I doubt that will happen though.

Last time I was due 8-13 and we had a scheduled c/s for 8-24 and DD2 put me into labor on 8-23!! One day before my c/s.. LOL.
October 16th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Super Mommy
Do you have any helpful tips on how to stay calm and relaxed during a c-section? lol Have you had the spinal?
October 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenna View Post
Do you have any helpful tips on how to stay calm and relaxed during a c-section? lol Have you had the spinal?
Basically I had spinals with the first two and I felt ok other than the shaking.

With the last one I had accepted the epidural to try to deliver naturally so they just gave me a little more at surgery time and I think I may have had a bit of a panic attack during that one. I could feel pressure up near my heart and it freaked me out. I made one of the attendees talk to me but he wasn't very helpful. I got through it though.

This time I'd like to prearrange that someone can stand there and talk to me when they're stitching me back up bc that's when I kinda freaked. DH had left to be with the newborn which I still want that again too. But I think they only allow one fam member in at a time. I'm going to ask that the dr provide me with a calming person that will distract me. Also, this time I'd have the spinal again, so it shouldn't be so bad.

I wish I could be more help but my situations were rushed and I think I just had to really channel my energy to think "I'll be ok, I'll get through this, I can't wait to get the F outta here and hold and BF my baby"
October 16th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I always suggest people who are having c/s to watch the natural c/s youtube video.
Karenna likes this.

October 16th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I always suggest people who are having c/s to watch the natural c/s youtube video.

Oh interesting! I started watching this but need to get back to schooling the kids so I'll finish later but thanks so much for sharing that !
navywifey2003 likes this.
October 16th, 2012, 09:50 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle7 View Post
Basically I had spinals with the first two and I felt ok other than the shaking.

With the last one I had accepted the epidural to try to deliver naturally so they just gave me a little more at surgery time and I think I may have had a bit of a panic attack during that one. I could feel pressure up near my heart and it freaked me out. I made one of the attendees talk to me but he wasn't very helpful. I got through it though.

This time I'd like to prearrange that someone can stand there and talk to me when they're stitching me back up bc that's when I kinda freaked. DH had left to be with the newborn which I still want that again too. But I think they only allow one fam member in at a time. I'm going to ask that the dr provide me with a calming person that will distract me. Also, this time I'd have the spinal again, so it shouldn't be so bad.

I wish I could be more help but my situations were rushed and I think I just had to really channel my energy to think "I'll be ok, I'll get through this, I can't wait to get the F outta here and hold and BF my baby"
I had an epidural with DD and the same thing happened. I'm SO GLAD they let my doula and DH into the OR so she could help me keep my cool while DH was cutting the cord and all that. She held my face and talked to me and kept me from vomiting all over. It was awful, but I was SO glad she was there!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 16th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be having another c-section.
Karenna likes this.

October 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Super Mommy
Its comforting knowing that i am not the only one!
4hearts likes this.
October 16th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post

OMGosh, I cried while watching that. That is the way it should be!! I seriously want to approach the dr with this idea.

Navywife- Are the main points in this to a) lower the sheet once the head is removed so I can see the birth and b)lay baby on breast for a few mins to let the cord stay attached for a bit longer? I guess there's also the midwife aspect but his practice doesn't have any.
October 16th, 2012, 01:06 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really don't know. I'll be discussing with my doctor the possibility of a VBAC, but if this baby doesn't come early and is as big as my last one, then it's probably going to be a c/section.

October 16th, 2012, 02:03 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
Not if your doctor is supportive and you really believe its possible! My sister had one and is planning her second in April. It wasnt a big deal either.
October 16th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
OMGosh, I cried while watching that. That is the way it should be!! I seriously want to approach the dr with this idea.

Navywife- Are the main points in this to a) lower the sheet once the head is removed so I can see the birth and b)lay baby on breast for a few mins to let the cord stay attached for a bit longer? I guess there's also the midwife aspect but his practice doesn't have any.
It has been said that a lot of times during a c/s the women is separated from her child, she gets a quick glance then the baby is taken away. By lowering the sheet putting the baby to your chest you are getting all those first moments that are usually missed because of a c/s. It also helps with breastfeeding because again it is started right away instead of hours later. Delaying cord clamping helps the baby get the complete benefits of all the rich cord blood.
4hearts likes this.

October 16th, 2012, 05:37 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Last time I was due 8-13 and we had a scheduled c/s for 8-24 and DD2 put me into labor on 8-23!! One day before my c/s.. LOL.
My son did this too! I was scheduled for a c/s at 6am on 9/19 and he came EXACTLY 12 hours earlier than that at 6:00PM on the 18th!

I will be having another one. Under the circumstances of my first, I don't have the choice.. the scar is not strong enough to handle a VBAC. It is a shame too and I am very envious of those that get that experience. I am extremley adamant that they do not schedule my c/s early though. I want my baby to come when he is ready.. even if it is not the way he/she was preparing for
navywifey2003, 4hearts and Karenna like this.

October 17th, 2012, 12:33 AM
KasieH's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll be having my 4th (3rd scheduled). My scheduled ones have all been easy. It actually has gotten easier with each one.
4hearts and Karenna like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search