heartbeat

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 03:44 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How soon can you hear/see a heartbeat? With my son I spotted and cramped and at 7 wks I went to Dr due to.all those worrisome symptoms and Dr did vag sono and we saw baby sac with small bean. She said we can't see or hear heartbeat until about 10wks....so I was just wondering based on those that drs say no heartbeat early on and you think you lost baby....was my Dr crazy or is this true as I didn't see any heartbeat on my sons sono at 7 wks when pregnant with him.

October 16th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Tiggerlb's Avatar Veteran
With my last pg the hb was seen by abdominal ultra sound @ 6 weeks 2 days.

October 16th, 2012, 04:17 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
With my first 2 we saw the HB fairly early. But I think its possible. Thats why in my personal opinion I would wait until I was 10 weeks based on my LMP for a u/s. Just to be sure. But again thats just me.

October 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw and heard the hearbeat via u/s last time at 6wks 5 days.. but it not something to worry about this early on.. a lot times they can't see it until just a little bit further a long. With my twins we didn't hear or see anything until about 8 weeks. I was freaked when I first went in at 6 weeks and didn't see/hear anything. She told me not to worry, we followed up a couples weeks later and BAM there they were, healthy as can be!

October 16th, 2012, 07:07 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first heartbeat flutters were seen at exactly 6 weeks on the ultrasound.

At 5 weeks all we saw as a gestational sac and a yolk sac.

I should be a little clearer though - it depends on several factors

how far along you actually are
how good the equipment they are using is

If you see a fetus without a heartbeat.... you need to get checked again for another viability scan in a week or so. From my understanding the heartbeat starts within the fetal pole before there is any even definition really to the baby. I think it means more the size - I think its something like has to be over 5mm for any heartbeat to show just like you have to have an hcg over 1000 before you will see a gestational sac or anything else normally. I am by no means an expert though and anyone can feel free to jump in and correct me this is just my understanding.

The bigger concern is a heartbeat .....then no heartbeat. So if it was a matter of just coming back for another visit it could be dates were off or the machine wasn't up to par. 10 weeks is what I heard for earliest you can hear with a doppler.

Last edited by phantomsgrl11; October 16th, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
October 16th, 2012, 07:29 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I've seen a heartbeat at 5w4d and no heartbeat at 7wks. It all just depends on the baby.
I go in tomorrow for a dating u/s and I'm sure they won't see a heartbeat yet. It makes me nervous but I know it's normal.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 16th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw our baby's heartbeat at 5 weeks 6 days last week.
TeresaMomTo2Boys likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search