how did you tell ur husband?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 6 Post By Josie+Shpala
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 1 Post By Steph625
  • 1 Post By Karen78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
When I took my test I knew right away I couldnt wait till my husband got home from work to tell him , so I sent a text n it said "guess what" what seem like 3 hours later (it was really one) he texted back "what" n I sent him a picture of the pregnancy test. A sec later he called n was like "r you pregnant" Iol I said " DUH" he just said "alright," about 10 times lol later when I asked him what was his first thought he said "I thought u was playing a joke n got it off the internet" lol he was so shocked but we been trying but that's a while other story. How did u guys inform your partners
October 17th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Rochelle
It went well telling DH. He was truly shocked, LOL. What I did was print out a design from Bing that said Big sister and iron it onto DD2's blank onesie. Well, I had a problem.. The stupid program un-reversed the wording changing it from mirror image to not and it was my last sheet of iron on transfer so I just used the ladybug and had to clumsily draw the words on it AND I made everything too low on the onesie but oh well.. After DH got done grilling burgers, I had DD2 bring him the FRER and show him her "pities" which is her clothes "pretties". She's very into clothes and wanted to show him her new digs. Of course he absent mindedly said "You look nice" and paid no attention to her shirt so I had to tell him to read it. He had such a bewildered look on his face. He really was shocked, but happy.
Honestlymonique likes this.
October 17th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
This is the convo, no joke.

Me: Babe, I have something to tell you.
Him: You're pregnant?
Me: How did you know?
Him: It's husband telekinesis.
Me: Okay...
October 17th, 2012, 09:03 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I texted him the picture of the pregnancy test since he was at work already when I tested
October 17th, 2012, 09:07 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i came down and asked him if he saw the line on the test

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

October 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Well, we've been TTC for so long, that he was half expecting it. I told him that if my period didn't show up that day, then we could take a pg test the next day. He was funny because he said "do we have to wait, or can we do it today?" lol So we went to Target, bought a digital and went home. He was waiting in the car because DS was napping in his car seat, so I ran upstairs, POAS and then brought it back down to DH! lol

October 17th, 2012, 09:17 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He bought the tests on the way home from school, and I took it as soon as he came home. I pretty much just stumbled out of the bathroom, white as a ghost, and nodded. I don't even remember what he said; we were just both shocked for a while. Totally surreal.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 17th, 2012, 10:58 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
He was with me when I took the test.We both about died.
edgeofelise likes this.

October 17th, 2012, 01:39 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I texted him a picture of the test since he was at work. He never responded so I called him a few hours later and asked him if he got it. He said he never even opened it because he thought I was at work

*back story*
I work at vet hospital as a surgical tech so I am always sending pictures of crazy surgeries or weird injuries to DF. He absolutely hates stuff like that so he says that now when I send him pictures, if he thinks I'm at work he won't even open them lol.

So much for that idea!

October 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM
softbreeze's Avatar Super Mommy
I was holding our youngest dd and pointed to her and said - I'm looks like we're gonna have another one of these!! Lol! Not very creative but I'd known for almost two weeks while he was away at work and this was a suprise so I wasn't sure how he would react! He is pumped!!
October 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
AF didn't show up when it was supposed to, but since it was 10 days late the cycle before with 3 BFNs, I didn't want to get my hopes up, but hubby was CONVINCED I was. A week after it still hadn't shown up, I broke down and POAS. It was positive within 2 seconds. I walked out of the bathroom held up the test and said, "I hope you're ready to be a daddy." And he said, "I knew it!!" Not creative, but it works for us.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Me: I have to tell you something....
Him: Obviously I already know.
Me: Oh okay.
Him: ya. this is the third time you're pregnant. I knew last week.
*we keep eating dinner* haha
MrsLat likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 17th, 2012, 02:32 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Well we had talked about it earlier that day. I said something along the lines of "wouldn't that be funny if I was pregnant?" Which of course I did NOT think would have been funny at the time lol. And DH said "I would be excited!" Long story short, I took a test and it was immediately positive so I went home and asked DH if he remembered what he said about being excited. He was confused for about 1.2 seconds and then he got a big ol' grin on his face and he's been happy about it ever since!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 17th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I took the test while hubs was at work. So I made a scavenger hunt for him when he got home, taking him upstairs and downstairs till he finally found a glasses case with a bow. He opened it and eyes got HUGE! He hugged me and I felt his tears on my cheek. It was perfect!
Karen78 likes this.
October 17th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalynas_Mom View Post
Me: I have to tell you something....
Him: Obviously I already know.
Me: Oh okay.
Him: ya. this is the third time you're pregnant. I knew last week.
*we keep eating dinner* haha
lol my husband still over here looking crazy. he happy but he still in shock

October 17th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Super Mommy
I was moody before I even tested andhe says oh jeez here we go you are pregnant lol. So the next day I tested and I was lol

October 17th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph625 View Post
I took the test while hubs was at work. So I made a scavenger hunt for him when he got home, taking him upstairs and downstairs till he finally found a glasses case with a bow. He opened it and eyes got HUGE! He hugged me and I felt his tears on my cheek. It was perfect!

Aww...Steph!! My brother is such a wuss. Just kidding! That's really sweet that he cried. This made me tear up a little. I'm SO SO SO happy for you guys!! YAY!!

I wish I had a story like that. I had taken a cheap test that morning and saw a REALLY faint line and showed it to hubby to see if he saw anything and he was like "yeah kinda" but didn't seem too convinced. So later that day I got some good tests and saw the dark line. He was outside with his family and I went up to him and said "I'm pregnant" and he said "are you SURE?". We hugged and then I turned to his dad and brother and nieces and told them right then.
Steph625 likes this.

October 18th, 2012, 10:09 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I havent told DH yet. Hes an Over the road truck driver. So im waiting for him to come home and Im gonna put DD in a big sister tshirt and gonna paint my stomach.

I did however tell my best friend only to find out shes also expecting. And we are due 3 days apart.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search