Is this pregnancy different than your last?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mitza1013
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know it's still early, but what's different? Do you have the same symptoms as previous pregnancies?

So far this pregnancy is the complete opposite of DD and my loss. I guess that's what has me so worried this time! I was so sick from like 6 DPO last times. Had the metallic taste in my mouth, starving, but then as soon as I would eat I'd feel sick, so tired by now I needed a nap everyday and still go to bed at 9. Dizziness, headaches.

This time....if feel great. No sickness, no exhastion, no food aversions. I just feel the same, only moodier! I do feel alittle more tired today, so maybe it's late to kick in this time? Just wondering if it's normal to be polar oppisites in your pregnancies.
October 17th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am the same way, I felt sick the moment I got a positive test the other times but this time I feel really good. Which is a main reason I asked for more BW tomorrow. Hopefully we are just going to be really lucky with our rainbow babies and feel great this time!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 17th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz253 View Post
I am the same way, I felt sick the moment I got a positive test the other times but this time I feel really good. Which is a main reason I asked for more BW tomorrow. Hopefully we are just going to be really lucky with our rainbow babies and feel great this time!!

I hope your right! I'm not wishing to be sick...I just want everything to be ok. DH acts like I'm nuts for worrying, but it's so hard not to.
October 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
This one is different from my LAST TWO. My back hurts, im more sick, the cramping, just the over all feel of this one is different i hope that means this one is a boy lol

October 17th, 2012, 11:31 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This feels more like my pregnancy with my daughter...awful all day nausea and vomiting, super sore boobs, mild exhaustion.

The pregnancy with my son was very mild nausea, no visit from the boob fairy, non-stop exhaustion.

My pregnancy in April that ended in m/c had no symptoms ever so, as annoyed as I am that I haven't been able to eat a decent meal in days, I feel somewhat relieved.

October 17th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
With my daughter I was sick as a dog and felt hungover everyday. With my second pregnancy (m/c) I didn't feel sick much at all but I was brutally exhausted. This time seems to be inbetween both. I feel nauseated and a bit tired and a bit headachy but nothing extreme like with the other two
Nattie84 likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 17th, 2012, 11:58 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a lot sicker this time around and it hit about a week earlier. With DD I was weepy and a lot more exhasuted, and my BBs were so swollen they felt like implants. This time around I'm not as tired, my hormones are presenting themselves with RAGE in public--don't get anywhere near me on the bus! My BB's just feel a little heavier and tender, but I think that may be because I just stopped nursing DD four months ago and there's more room for them to stretch this time. Mainly, though, the constant nausea is really getting to me. Last time it didn't hit until 7 weeks, and once I got through breakfast I was mostly fine. This time, it comes in waves all day long. This morning I woke up sick at 5:00. Chugging an instant breakfast just to get something in my stomach helps, but that doesn't last long before I'm sick again. I've yet to actually throw up, but I feel worse every day.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

Last edited by edgeofelise; October 17th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
October 17th, 2012, 04:37 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It feels exactly the same for me. Very mild pregnancy, no morning sickness very little nausea (Im sorry I feel for all of you with rougher pregnancies). Im just gassy, tired, and hungry as a whole same as last time.
October 17th, 2012, 04:57 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
This pregnancy is definitely different.. I am nauseaus.. but not as bad as with my DS.. my nose is not betraying me nearly as bad as last time. I have a lot of pain in my back but have yet to have any spotting.. so I am hoping that all is well. But I am freaking myself out so bad.
Nattie84 likes this.

October 17th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
I'm a lot sicker this time around and it hit about a week earlier. With DD I was weepy and a lot more exhasuted, and my BBs were so swollen they felt like implants. This time around I'm not as tired, my hormones are presenting themselves with RAGE in public--don't get anywhere near me on the bus! My BB's just feel a little heavier and tender, but I think that may be because I just stopped nursing DD four months ago and there's more room for them to stretch this time. Mainly, though, the constant nausea is really getting to me. Last time it didn't hit until 7 weeks, and once I got through breakfast I was mostly fine. This time, it comes in waves all day long. This morning I woke up sick at 5:00. Chugging an instant breakfast just to get something in my stomach helps, but that doesn't last long before I'm sick again. I've yet to actually throw up, but I feel worse every day.

We're having the same MS experiences Let me know if you find techniques that help.
October 17th, 2012, 06:28 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I have never really been sick during pregnancy, but this time I am a lot! I am also way more tired than I ever remember being before. Other than that, same stuff!

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 17th, 2012, 06:29 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm barely 4 weeks, so I don't have any symptoms yet. But I didn't have many with Connor either. I remember having really sore boobs, so I'm waiting for that....we'll see if this one is any different from Connor!

October 17th, 2012, 08:23 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I just have extreme fatigue right now but my symptoms dont usually kick in until 8 weeks or so.

October 17th, 2012, 08:37 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel much better this time too. It's a little disorienting. But I've been reminded by friends that sometimes it doesn't kick in until 8 weeks. So we'll see.

October 18th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Nattie84
Totally different; the first time I had MS to the extreme, I couldnt eat or drink anything for a whole month, it was horrid. The second time was like a dream, no MS, not tired, went like a dream. this time is in the middle, a wee bit of nausea if I catch the wrong smell or if the the food doesnt "look "right( I have no idea what that means, its nuts) I dont really feel the urge to eat and when I do its small light meals twice a day. my BB are not as sore, I am congested but I think thats due to the season change, constipated which is also horrid, and I have a bad taste in my mouth but I think its from all of congestion I got going on. Most everyone thinks its gonna be a boy this time....we shall see
October 18th, 2012, 07:01 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This pregnancy feels exactly the same as my 2 healthy pregnancies, no sickness, feeling perfect! My last preg which ended in M/C I was dying for a week or so, so sick, tired and just gross!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
October 18th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Rochelle
This pg feels moreso like mine with DS than with my daughters. Again, could be wishful thinking, but I got pretty sick with the girls and felt really good with DS.
October 18th, 2012, 05:07 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
Lol I an the same exact way. With my son I was starving and tired and horrible headaches. With this pregnant I don't have already any symptoms beside pee'ing a lot

October 18th, 2012, 08:54 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Feels a bit different. My morning sickness about 2 weeks earlier and I have a lot of food aversions, but overall not too bad. I feel a bit weepy or angry and slightly hungover, but no throwing up so far.

October 19th, 2012, 04:05 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same. Gassy, bloated, tired (in bed by 8), sore/achy, and some food aversion. I have had pretty easy pregnancy symptoms in the past and it seems like I am going to have that again.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search