Ugh! Exercise!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bribugg13
  • 3 Post By zombiemommy
  • 1 Post By Lindz253

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I NEED TO GET OFF MY BUTT! I used to exercise 4-5 times a week right up until my BFP. I even ran a 5k a few days before I found out I was expecting. Now, I can't seem to get off my arse. The pregnancy with my daughter, I exercised 5x a week and only gained 23#, never bought maternity pants, ate healthy for the most part. Now, I sit on the couch, eat pizza and Mexican all the time, and wear my hubby's sweatpants. Ugh!! I need some encouragement!
October 18th, 2012, 04:49 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm hoping to head to the gym this morning! I only do a few days a week of cardio, so my routine won't be changing much, but the laziness sure does take over! lol Do you have a local friend or someone who can meet you at the gym and hold you accountable? My friend (who is also pregnant, but much further along) has been going to the gym for her whole pregnancy as well! It's helpful because then I feel bad if I don't go, so I usually end up going! I'll definitely need some more motivation though, I'm just plain lazy!!
Steph625 likes this.

October 18th, 2012, 04:54 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
Maybe we should start a weekly exercise challenge for our lil DDC... group encouragement sounds like a good idea!
October 18th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You sound like me! I was exercising almost everyday doing bootcamp and running 3 or 4 miles. I also did a 5k. I was even considering doing a half but the most i could make myself do was 7 miles. Running gave me cramps when I finished and I also had bathroom issues so I was too afraid to continue to run so I just stopped everything. I need to at least start walking!
Steph625 likes this.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 18th, 2012, 05:03 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I teach Zumba and have no choice but to go to the gym! I am not sure how I'm going to keep it from my participants as long as I would like (I'd like to until 10-12 weeks or at least until I go to the dr in 3 more weeks!), because I know they're gonna be able to tell I'm being a slacker. Haha. I'm just so tired. One of the things that made me wonder about being pregnant was how exhausted I was getting during class. And I was getting SO HOT that I had to go teach in front of the fan, which was not normal. Hopefully I can put up enough of a front that I can get a few more weeks before I have to tell them! I'm going to try to make myself keep it up as long as I can bc I don't want to gain a ton of weight! However, anything healthy makes me want to gag at the moment... So I'm not doing so good on that front. Haha. Good luck with getting to the gym!
October 18th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I need to start exercising too. The only thing I'm getting in right now is a bit of walking with my son in the stroller. But it's getting cooler out so I don't do it as much anymore. Last time I was pregnant, I did The Firm workout DVDs and Turbo Jam. I still gained 40#...but I felt good. It's hard to do DVDs though with a todder running around! I should take advantage of his naptimes but...well...I'm lazy. Plus I don't want to wake him up. Blah!!

October 18th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Veteran
I am in the same boat as you all. I started P90X 3 weeks before I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant, but now that I know I am pregnant, I've worked out once and it was me walking for 15 minutes, then just stretching .
I am just so exhausted all the time, even walking seems a chore Plus I am afraid of doing a workout that will hurt the baby.
I have a u/s in two days so going to ask the doctor which exercises I can do. I know P90X and ABXCruncher is out, not that i would have the energy for P90X. When I was doing it without knowing I was pregnant, it would completely exhaust me and give me bad cramps ( I thought they were exercise related so never put two and two together for a couple week )
October 18th, 2012, 05:13 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I have to say that even the thought of exercising right now is exhausting to me:-( i need motivation as well!!!! An exercise challenge sounds good to me!
October 18th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemommy View Post
Maybe we should start a weekly exercise challenge for our lil DDC... group encouragement sounds like a good idea!
I like this idea. I need a push, too!
I'm a runner, but with the morning sickness it's been super hard to find it in me to even get up sometimes. Ugh.
October 18th, 2012, 08:52 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Goodness. I'm the laziest out of all of you. I never had an exercise routine (which is why I'm overweight as I've mentioned before). I work in an assisted living facility (I'm an LPN) and all I do for most of my shift walk. I'm either passing meds, doing wound care, breaking up fights in our memory care unit, stuff like that. So when I get home, the most I can muster is taking the dog out. Right now I'm full time, so I'm pretty much exhausted constantly. Kudos to those of you still exercising and wanting to do an exercise challenge! If it's not too difficult, I might even try to join in. I know it's good for the pregnancy and good for labor, too.

October 18th, 2012, 08:55 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I need to as well but I am so tired!

October 18th, 2012, 08:58 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I've been making a deal with myself- if I want to quit after only 15 minutes, then I can quit. So far that hasn't happened. I find the hardest part is getting started but once I'm going, I feel so much better. I think the trick is to plan your workouts for whichever part of the day you feel best and then just do it.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search