Who else is team green??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Who is not finding out with me??

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 18th, 2012, 05:14 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am! This will be our first not finding out...I am pretty excited about it!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
October 18th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well this is an ongoing debate...I do NOT want to find out. We were team green with DD, only to have a stupid inexperienced ultrasound tech blow it for us 2 days before she was born. I was so upset. DH wants to find out this time as soon as we can. I'm digging my heals in hard for this one. I want my surprise in the delivery room. Since I'm the one that has to go through major surgery (c-section) I think I should be able to have my surprise. There are so few great surprises in life! So we'll see what happens.
October 18th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I'm thinking we might be Team Green again. Last time, hubby wanted to find out but I made him wait. Afterwards, he said he was so happy we waited. So now he wants to do that again....but now I want to know! The deal was that he could make the decision this time. Grrr. My plan backfired.

October 18th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the person that carries the baby and has to give birth or go through c -section gets two votes and your so gets one vote. So we win! I loved having it be a surprise and it was amazing to have DH be the one to say " it's a girl!" . I hope you both get to experience that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen78 View Post
I'm thinking we might be Team Green again. Last time, hubby wanted to find out but I made him wait. Afterwards, he said he was so happy we waited. So now he wants to do that again....but now I want to know! The deal was that he could make the decision this time. Grrr. My plan backfired.
Lol I hate when plans backfire!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 18th, 2012, 05:26 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are on team green!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
October 18th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitza1013 View Post
Well this is an ongoing debate...I do NOT want to find out. We were team green with DD, only to have a stupid inexperienced ultrasound tech blow it for us 2 days before she was born. I was so upset. DH wants to find out this time as soon as we can. I'm digging my heals in hard for this one. I want my surprise in the delivery room. Since I'm the one that has to go through major surgery (c-section) I think I should be able to have my surprise. There are so few great surprises in life! So we'll see what happens.
Oh MAN!!! I would be SOOOOO PISSED!! And only 2 days before delivery! Suck! Did the tech not know you were Team Green? Or did she just slip up and say "she" by accident? You definitely get to wait this time! No questions asked. It's so worth it in the delivery room.

October 18th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Rochelle
Team Green here. This will be my third experience with team green. With our DS we found out at 20 weeks.
October 18th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen78 View Post
Oh MAN!!! I would be SOOOOO PISSED!! And only 2 days before delivery! Suck! Did the tech not know you were Team Green? Or did she just slip up and say "she" by accident? You definitely get to wait this time! No questions asked. It's so worth it in the delivery room.
The tech knew, and EVERYTIME we went in for an u/s ( which was alot at the end becuase I had Gestational Diabetes) We always made a big deal out of making sure they didn't tell us the sex. That we wanted a surprise! The tech says "Oh she's really not cooperating for us today is she...oh oops, I wasn't supposed to tell you, Sorry." WTH. I was so upset. I hope I get to wait this time.
October 18th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pretty sure I'm team green. A bit conflicted and go back and forth, but I'd like to wait I think.
October 18th, 2012, 08:55 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We tried team green with Everett and I caved due to an anterior placenta I needed to know to help the connection.

October 18th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
The tech knew, and EVERYTIME we went in for an u/s ( which was alot at the end becuase I had Gestational Diabetes) We always made a big deal out of making sure they didn't tell us the sex. That we wanted a surprise! The tech says "Oh she's really not cooperating for us today is she...oh oops, I wasn't supposed to tell you, Sorry." WTH. I was so upset. I hope I get to wait this time.
I would have been so mad too! Hopefully it works out this time!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 18th, 2012, 10:32 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a bit of a similiar story - my doctor right before she brought me back for the c-section asked if we had a name picked out for him yet. She assured me when I said we don't know whether its a boy or girl but we have names picked that she refers to all babies as he. LOL 45 minutes later I held my son. DH never even picked up on it or thought anything of what she said so he was totally shocked when it was a boy.

We won't be finding out or at least asking to find out this time again either. We love the surprise.

October 18th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 View Post
I have a bit of a similiar story - my doctor right before she brought me back for the c-section asked if we had a name picked out for him yet. She assured me when I said we don't know whether its a boy or girl but we have names picked that she refers to all babies as he. LOL 45 minutes later I held my son. DH never even picked up on it or thought anything of what she said so he was totally shocked when it was a boy.
Something similar to this happened to me. Sometime in the third trimester my dr was doing a routine u/s to check fluid levels and referred to baby as a she. Then he caught himself and said "DO you know what baby is yet"? I said no and he said "Well, I don't either, I always say she". I totally believed him too and she turned out to indeed be a SHE. LOL

Quote:

That really sucks. They should be trained to never refer to baby by gender so that they never make that kind of huge mistake. Geez!
October 18th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We are! We didn't find out with dd and loved the "surprise" of it!
Baby #4 arriving in September
October 18th, 2012, 01:47 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was Team Green last time and I wish I could be again as it was fun but I need to know this time for a few reasons, moving, I am trying to get props together for newborn photography, etc. Also I admit I never had that really special "Its a..." moment. It was chaos when I delivered as I had been in labor for like 18 hours and 4 hours pushing so it was 4 AM and they used a vacuum to help me finally and I was the last one on the labor floor so every nurse was in there waiting to be done with their shifts and so when he came out he was rushed over to be look at since they used a vacuum and I had to say wait what is it before someone realized I didnt know the sex and went to look for me so it was a bit of a let down. I wish I could do it again this time still though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search