Doctors/Midwives

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By ~*Nicole*~
  • 1 Post By brysonsmom
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By zombiemommy
  • 1 Post By zombiemommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Rochelle
Do you have yourself all set-up and decided on who your doctor and/or Midwife will be? Are you still interviewing people? What are you wanting in a birth experience?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought I was satisfied with my doctor but I got to thinking about the hospital I'd have to have bub in and decided to look into the doctors from the smaller more intimate hospital. I found one and I'm going to interview him Tuesday. I'm a bit nervous. But I'm bringing notes to help me. The main thing I want is to "be able" to go over my duedate before my scheduled c/s that I want at 12 days "overdue" so that baby can pick their bday. Also, a calm and peaceful birth experience despite the c-section.
October 18th, 2012, 10:32 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Nope we are giving ourself a few weeks to decide.

October 19th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep we are using the same group that we used for both girls. It's a group of women and I like them all but I have a few that are my fav. I like knowing what to expect from them so I feel really comfortable using them again.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 19th, 2012, 05:02 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we aren't getting a say in who my doctor is here, they are just assigning us one. But we will be moving when I am around 20 weeks so hopefully I will have a little more say in my doctor then. Although right now the hospital is only 2 minutes away and when we move the new hospital will be 45 minutes away without traffic (or so I am told). That is a little bit of a bummer.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
October 19th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be using the same OB I used for my son. I absolutely love her!

October 19th, 2012, 06:49 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I love my midwife I used the first time! She's awesome and I'm happy to be using her again! My "birth plan" is to try again for a natural birth, so here's hoping!

October 19th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
Yep, same midwife from my last pregnancy. We loved her.
October 19th, 2012, 08:00 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
We are going with the same midwife who delivered our last baby. She was AMAZING! After having 3 epidural births with an OB, I wanted to try natural just to say I did and someone recommended this midwife to me. I wish I had gone to her sooner! We're going to try for the same kind of birth experience again this time.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 19th, 2012, 08:17 AM
MiniMom's Avatar Head Lady Bird
we're going with a midwife, and possibly a home birth. Had DD in a hospital via waterbirth with a midwife, but had an OB on call. I'll never give up the fact that a midwife is there with you through all of it, but an OB only shows up at the end. I loved how my midwife was there for me the whole time we were in the hospital!

We have moved since then to VA, so we're hoping for the best and using a CNM midwife group in alexandria that has really great reviews. No waterbirth option though, but I can live with that...

October 19th, 2012, 08:18 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our midwives were fabulous with the last pregnancy. We're definitely using them again; I made a lot of close friends from the clinic, actually. I'm not sure who will deliver since they could only do it at home, but insurance won't cover a home VBAC and we can't afford to pay out of pocket. Last time I transferred and got a wonderful nurse-midwife at the hospital, but I think that was luck. We'll be asking all these questions at our first appointment so we can hash out a plan.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 19th, 2012, 08:24 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Quote:
I'll never give up the fact that a midwife is there with you through all of it, but an OB only shows up at the end. I loved how my midwife was there for me the whole time we were in the hospital!
Well said! It's such a better experience to really know the person who is delivering your baby instead of just recognizing their face lol
4hearts and MiniMom like this.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 19th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Regular
We are set. We absolutely LOVE our Doctor. She delivered my first son during her residency and we loved her so much that we tracked her down. Called this morning and got my first appointment and u/s for 11-28
MiniMom likes this.

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w
October 19th, 2012, 09:11 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be using the same doctor I used with my son. She was absolutely wonderful. She is very pro-natural delivery and almost talked me out of my epidural last time (I really wish I had listened).
~*Nicole*~ likes this.

October 19th, 2012, 09:17 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I really wanted to use a midwife and a doula in a birth center. Unfortunately, here in South Carolina you are legally not able to have a vbac anywhere but a hospital with an actual doctor. So, I'm switching from my regular OB, who doesn't do vbacs. I have an "interview" appointment on Monday with a lady I've heard amazing things about in the vbac community, so I'm crossing my fingers she's the one!
~*Nicole*~ likes this.
October 19th, 2012, 09:30 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to use the same OBGYN as I really like her a lot. I had a doula last time and we became friends and I really want her to be there again but her younger daughter has leukemia right now so I cant take her away from that if she needs to be with her daughter so Ill make do if I must with just my DH.
October 19th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Rochelle
GL to everyone on getting an awesome birth experience

VBAC ladies.. Have you heard of ICAN? If you haven't they are a great resource for all things VBACS.
October 19th, 2012, 10:41 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
ICAN is like a saving grace! Their hospital directory is the best!
4hearts likes this.
October 19th, 2012, 11:48 AM
First Time Mommy
I've already decided on a midwife and birthing center. So long as my pregnancy isn't/doesn't become high risk, I'll stay with there.

EDD: May 29, 2013. I was fuzzy on my LMP, so I'm thinking late May/early June. Hurry up 1st U/S!
October 19th, 2012, 03:36 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Undecided about location but midwife all the way. I had a midwife throughout my pregnancy last time, but didn't actually make it to that hospital where she delivered. I had a random L&D nurse deliver Abri. I liked the care I received with my midwife group, but a friend recommended her midwives at a different hospital and a birth center opened up somewhat close to me. I'd love to convince DH to do the birth center, but it's about an hour away from my house. If I couldn't make it to the hospital 45 minutes away, I doubt an hour will be feasible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search