Beta?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Regular
Did your Doctor send you for a Beta when you found out that you were expecting?
I normally get these, but it was not mentioned this time. I am really trying to relax, not worry, and let the doctor do her thing without constantly nagging, but wondered how normal it is to not have it.

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w
October 19th, 2012, 01:08 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's pretty normal for doctors who aren't super hands-on. It's certainly not necessary. I had it done this time for proof of pregnancy to get insurance, but I didn't do it with DD because I was already covered and didn't need to. Try to relax! I'm sure it's fine!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 19th, 2012, 02:56 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never had betas done. I think it is pretty common.. I asked my doctor about it and he just said unless I had had recurrent miscarriages, he wouldn't order them. So I am just going to try my best and relax and not worry too much.

October 19th, 2012, 03:56 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have them done.

October 19th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I asked my doc about them. She said they don't routinely do them unless you're having problems like a lot of spotting/bleeding. I've never had them done.

October 19th, 2012, 09:26 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I asked about these when making my appointment, they don't do them where I go unless there are issues or you've had miscarriages.

October 19th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Regular
Thanks girls. I did have a miscarriage after #1 so my next two pregnancies I had beta's and had to be on progesterone immediately. I called the phone nurse and asked for the prometrium. She called back and Doctor wants me on double the amount (but did not mention bloodwork). With my infertility and miscarriage history, I am just always a very paranoid pregnant person, but I am just trying to be calm and trust that they are doing the norm. My doctor also usually has me come in at six weeks and this time I will be 10-11. JUST NEED TO RELAX :-)

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w
October 19th, 2012, 11:41 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I've never had one, but it seems like a lot of women do get them! I hope you get some peace of mind soon

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 20th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you seeing the same doctor? At least they put you on Meds. I have called my docs office several times and asked for more blood work and they were happy to do it to ease my mind. I would just call and ask!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search