What birthing methods have you/will you use?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2012, 01:32 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first (and possibly my only). It's hard for me to think that far ahead as I'm trying to stay grounded and realistic, but I'd really like to have an all natural birth. I've always wanted that, but I also understand that there are a lot of situations that can come up that can change all that. Most of the women in my family have had c-sections for different reasons, so I won't be surprised if that happens.

October 21st, 2012, 01:39 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I've never really used any of the "methods". I had pain meds for only one of my births and the last three were born at home. It seems like all those methods require "coaching" from an outside source.. that totally would not work for me. I don't care if I am in the middle of transition, somebody starts telling me what to do or how to breathe or what to think about- I'm gonna hurt 'em.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 21st, 2012, 06:40 PM
MiniMom's Avatar Head Lady Bird
For the DD I used Hypnobirthing for the laboring part, but when it came to the pushing part, it went out the window! Didn't expect the pushing to be so hard! We had a NCB in the hospital, my daughter was born in water. The water it'self was a big life saver since it's a natural relaxant.

For this one I can only labor in the water, but I have to get out once we're ready to push. (My new midwife doesn't do water births) I'm assuming that I'll use the hypnobirthing again, and I'll probably take a class so that I can learn more about the pushing part and how to implement the hypnobirthing with that.

October 22nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Nattie84
natural, no pitocin...plan to labor at home longer this time.
October 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD my water broke with no contractions so they had me on the highest levels of pitocin. I had no pain meds tho. I wanted to be able to labor in the tub also cuz Ive always been a water loving person...my mom swore I was a fish as a kid....and i couldnt do that since my water broke....but this time I hope I can do this. Im also hoping this one wont take 24 hours lol anything less Id be happy
October 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
missmorganxo
I'm going to have an epidural. I know you ladies are brave, but I'm a big baby and I don't want to feel a thing! More power to you brave women, but when it comes to pain, my tolerance is very low!
October 23rd, 2012, 07:34 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am another repeat c-section mama. My first c-section was done so quickly and a classical (vertical) incision because I had 24 week twins in distress.. that the OB told me there isnt any option for a VBAC with that type of incision due to risk of rupture. I had my son.. and it was still a pretty special experience, despite it being a surgery. So I am finally okay with it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search