What birthing methods have you/will you use?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2012, 04:28 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I know it's still early in our pregnancies, but if anyone else likes to think ahead as much as I do you have probably already thought about birthing methods. Which one(s) have you tried in the past or do you plan to try this time around?

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Super Mommy
I will be having another c/s
October 19th, 2012, 04:48 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I did the hypnobabies program with our 3rd but my labor was way too fast to put it to use. It did however help me sleep amazing and kept a positive outlook my whole pregnancy.

October 19th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I was devastated to have to be induced with DD (my water broke and I waited 24 hrs and my contractions still weren't regular despite acupuncture and various other things my doula did for me). I ended up having my doula with me and she really helped me be assertive and push through with the fewest medical interventions. I ended up fully dilating after 14hrs of labor (on the highest dose of pitocin). I wish I could afford my doula again but it was just too expensive. I plan on doing it naturally as well

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 19th, 2012, 05:37 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We attempted a natural, med-free birth the first time. Unfortunately, Connor had other plans and had no intentions of coming out! After almost 48 hours of labor, we ended up having a c/section. So we will attempt a VBAC this time around, hopefully natural and med-free and maybe this baby will be willing to cooperate!!

October 19th, 2012, 06:53 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted an unmedicated birth with a doula last time and got it so hoping for the same this time around.
October 19th, 2012, 08:02 PM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
probaly a repeat c section

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
October 19th, 2012, 08:26 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Quote:
I did the hypnobabies program with our 3rd but my labor was way too fast to put it to use. It did however help me sleep amazing and kept a positive outlook my whole pregnancy
I did hypnobabies last time as well. I slept so well once I started it, but I don't think I prepared enough to put it to use during labor. I will definitely do the program again if not just for the sleep benefits
navywifey2003 and MiniMom like this.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 19th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been induced, gone on my own, had epidurals, gone all natural. Never had a c section, though. I swore last time if I had another I would be induced and get an epidural. But I know I won't. The last few. Have been all natural, so I will stick with it.
October 19th, 2012, 10:04 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping for a VBAC this time. I'll labor at home as long as possible with a doula and maybe a close friend or two along with my midwife, and then transfer to the hospital once I've made good progress. I'm thinking of trying hypnobirth as well. I got into my own groove last time and held on for 48 hours at home, so I know I'll find it in me again.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 20th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No specific method. I do a lot of my laboring .in the tub though
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 20th, 2012, 04:26 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I labored in the tub last time, it was really good. I have never tried hypnobabies, I will have to look into it. I had a natural birth.

October 20th, 2012, 05:54 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I plan on another NCB. My first was a regular vaginal birth with an epidural, and my second was a NCB that was awesome.
sweety_pie likes this.
October 20th, 2012, 09:39 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a c-section mamma. I have a uterine abnormality that makes c-section the safest route. I do long for a vaginal delivery... but after two wonderful birth experiences I am ok with a c-section finally....
October 20th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not going to have any set plans in mind. Both my deliveries were so different. 1st - water broke, no contractions, pitocin and epi. 2nd - hired a doula, only had 1 hr and 25 min labor and just made it to the hospital in time, doula didn't even make it, she showed up 15 mins after I had her - no meds. So neither went as I had planned and I have no idea what is in store for me this time but I sure hope it doesn't involve giving birth in the car on the way to the hospital!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 20th, 2012, 04:27 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Mine have all been inductions and this one will be too. I've had 2 that came too fast so they were without an epi, one with a partial epi. I much prefer it when the epi works. I have to have an epidural early on in case I end up with a c-section due to my blood pressures.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 20th, 2012, 05:25 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a repeat c-section. I am high risk and my Dr will not let me go past 38 weeks. Since induction is not an option on a Vbac, I would have to go into labor on my own prior to 38 weeks and then have my OB blessing to attempt. To me, the risks to both baby and me are not worth it. I was holding Bourne less than 1/2 an hour after he was born (another story - ended up a c-section under general because I couldn't have the spinal). I prefer to avoid general again if I can.
October 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had to be induced with my previous three so I suspect I will have the same with baby #4, but I guess we will see.

October 21st, 2012, 03:40 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping for another NCB as well. I had a long induced labor with my son that ended in an epidural, help with the vacuum and 4th degree tears. But with my daughter my labor was 4 hours long NO meds It really was awesome!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search