food aversions

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2012, 07:43 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm noticing that I'm feeling sick after eating hamburger meat as well as eggs.this pregnancy. I had the same thing during my pregnancy with Aidan. Ugh I just wish I could throw up...I hate the feeling of feeling like I'm going to up chuck.

Anyone having the same food aversions as your last pregnancy?

October 19th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Super Mommy
No not so far I hope I dont. I could only eat ground beef no other meats. I couldnt stand the smell of cooked or warm bbq sauce I couldnt eat any sort of bbq sauce

October 19th, 2012, 08:02 PM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
I don't really have any. There's some cookies my daughters have a big tub of that i don't like to smell, but nothing major. I don't remember any with my first daughter, and with my twins it was my older daughter's food. She was about a year old and i gave her those Gerber Graduates meals and when i was pregnant couldn't stand to look at them so i couldn't feed her.
October 19th, 2012, 08:23 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy, but I'm having some aversions. Mainly coffee. Pasta sauce. The smell of food in the fridge in general makes me gag.

Bleh.

October 19th, 2012, 09:04 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having aversions to all food in general. It's like it sounds so good until I get a bite in my mouth, then it is so hard to chew and even harder to actually swallow. This is waaaaay worse than any of my previous pregnancies and I hope it dies down soon...otherwise my dr will not be happy with the weight I'm losing.
~*Nicole*~ likes this.

October 19th, 2012, 09:43 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD it was peanut butter. I wanted to die even thinking about it. It doesn't bother me this time. I don't seem to have one consistent aversion, but the thought of most foods makes me sick this time. Scrambled eggs are high on the gross list. I don't have trouble with meat, in fact I'm craving cheeseburgers quite a lot. Sweet smells really get to me right now.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 19th, 2012, 10:44 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Quote:
With DD it was peanut butter. I wanted to die even thinking about it. It doesn't bother me this time. I don't seem to have one consistent aversion, but the thought of most foods makes me sick this time. Scrambled eggs are high on the gross list. I don't have trouble with meat, in fact I'm craving cheeseburgers quite a lot. Sweet smells really get to me right now.
That sounds like a boy to me

Food and I do not have a very good relationship lately. I like to eat it, but it likes to come back up I don't remember EVER losing weight while pregnant, but I am now. I am A-OK with that for now lol

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 19th, 2012, 10:54 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chicken is not really the best right now. Or turkey meat. Red meat is fine though.

October 20th, 2012, 05:09 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I was so sick the entire pregnancy with dd that pretty much all food was an aversion.
Now... just thinking about chicken makes me gag, and chicken was my main meat. Now I'm craving hamburgers. Banana's are also making me wanna chuck it and it wasn't like I ate them a lot ever in my entire life. Not a big fan of banana's, but now I can't even stand to smell them sitting on the counter.
October 20th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
With DD all I wanted to eat was cereal, garlic bread, and popsicles. This time I have these crazy cravings in my head that sound SOOO good but as soon as I go to actually eat it, it seems disgusting. Yesterday I didn't eat anything all day, I couldn't stomach the thought of food. ugh

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 20th, 2012, 06:00 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Nothing yet, and I'm hoping to keep it that way. With Lily, I only had aversions to fish but craved pizza, burritos, and chocolate. With Abri, I had aversions to everything and never had a food craving. I spent the first trimester only able to handle sour popsicles. I never puked but I just couldn't make myself swallow anything else.
October 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The real question is what DONT I have an aversion to right now? I can't handle the smell of meat cooking--any kind.. in fact I was craving fast food cheeseburgers but that is because I don't have to smell them cooking..

I can't handle garlic, onions, or the fridge. Tomato sauces like for pizza and pasta are killing me! I am basically living off of orange juice and toast the last couple of days

October 20th, 2012, 12:07 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Eggs are so bad for me right now. But only scrambled and only while cleaning g the pan blech!

October 20th, 2012, 02:58 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im also in the group that I dont as of yet have any food aversions but i know nothing sounds good. For a few days I wanted red meat but now that doesnt even sound good.
October 21st, 2012, 11:21 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started having an aversion to meat two days ago. Pretty much any kind of meat. Just thinking about it right now is making me feel sick. I guess maybe I really am preggo, eh? With my PCOS I'm really supposed to be low carb and have worked so hard on that over the last year we've been TTC but now that's all I can eat. Even then I only eat like half of what I put on my plate.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
October 21st, 2012, 03:13 PM
I've had an insane love of Fuji apples [one of the sweetest apples out there] Believe it or not, I developed an aversion to them right around the time "conception" should have occurred.

Yep! I'm an avid writer, I chronicle as much as possible and looking back to the day; I washed, sliced up my apples as normal and upon one bite I became nauseous. Now, I just went to the market the week prior and bought $11 worth of these babies. So that particular day I thought "that's odd?"

Tried to eat another apple a few days later, and again I was nauseous pushing through one slice. So yes, in hindsight it's amazing how some pregnancies (if you pay that much attention) do in fact reveal early on symptoms well before you miss AF!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search