Anyone else nervous to tell anyone?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brysonsmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Regular
This pregnancy is a complete surprise, but none the less an amazing blessing. With that being said this is #4 and my family is going to completely frek out on us. We both work full time (I also do direct sales on the side) and though we struggle, our kids have everything that they need. My biggest concern is that my mom is my current daycare and she is burntout and threatens to retire daily. I know that she is not going to watch another one and I don't expect her to, but I need to come up with a plan. UGGHH. Really wih I could enjoy my happiness and not have to worry about others.

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w
October 20th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand that feeling! I have gotten over it though through the years. Because you are relying on her, it does make her position of importance to you. You can't just blow her off like we have been able to. Don't let it steal your joy, though. This one could cure cancer! Or balance the budget! Or create a car that runs on saltwater!
October 20th, 2012, 07:35 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm sorry!! I am also nervous about telling family even though this is #3 and we've always said we'd probably have more at some point. We went through some rough financial times in the last 3 years where we had to be partially supported by my parents. Things have turned around for us finally, but I'm worried about the reaction my parents will give us. We never got good reactions with the first two for some odd reason so I can't imagine #3 would be any better
October 20th, 2012, 10:03 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very nervous. This is my first, and honestly I didn't know if I'd ever have kids. I've always wanted kids, but it never seemed to be in my future. This was an accident and a total surprise, and now I'm going to be a single mom. The baby's dad is still around and very helpful, we're simply not romantically involved anymore. My mom and dad both know this, and my mother is totally supportive and even offered to watch the baby if I moved to where she is. As for the rest of my family, I'm really nervous. I think they'll be happy, but telling people you're becoming a single mother can't be easy.

Good luck with your situation, and I'm sure your mom will come around. Maybe just try to work something out a couple times a week to give her a day off? I'm sure something little would help her out a lot and give her a chance to be happy, too!

October 20th, 2012, 10:35 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awe ladies ((HUGS)) I know my family is going to be less than thrilled. They think I have my hands full already, that we are already strapped financially. But we put our whole selves into raising our kids. We love being parents and I plan on waiting a bit 12 weeks if I can keep the belly under wraps to tell them and even then I will have my mom tell my dad so I do not have to put up with crappy attitude :/ my friends and inlaws will be thrilled for us so that makes it a bit easier!
October 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We will have the similar reactions and we are holding out for awhile on saying anything. I'm not looking forward to it, which seems silly this is our family our choice even if it was a complete surprise.'

October 20th, 2012, 12:07 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can relate to all these ladies, family has been exactly thrilled at the news so I have decided to hold out on telling the rest.

My mom was watching the kids for us too and she was starting to get burned out.. so we looked into options and we found a low-cost, income based daycare program that was once a week. It at least gave my mom one day a week to herself and she was really appreciative. I don't know if they have anything like that in your area but it might be an option!

October 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Regular
My hope is just to find a way to work from home, etc. I sell direct sales on the side and it is kind of taking off. If I can promote and work from home I might try and do that. Otherwise my firend is the activites director at the Y and said that she can get me there for between daycare and coaching and then I can bring the kids for free. So hopefully I have some options.
MrsLat likes this.

Sherry & Dan
Bryson (8)
Cason (3)
Hudson (21m)
Sweet angel baby 11-28-12 @ 10w
October 20th, 2012, 12:22 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I am definitely nervous to tell my family! I think I might have to do it soon though cause we're having a bday party for DS1 at my house tomorrow and 1/2 the people that will be there know and the other 1/2 don't. Maybe I'll just make an announcement then lol

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search