Anyone else surprised at the amount of previous losses??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lindz253
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez
  • 1 Post By laurhob

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel like almost every person who introduces themselves has had a previous loss or losses. I don't remember this in my other DDCs I was in. Maybe there is something magical about this month and we were put here to help each other through this!!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Unfortunately, I'm not too surprised. I am surprised at how many have been second trimester or later losses. Mine have all been earlier.

I hope we have extra sticky dust this month. And stay put dust too since many of us have had preemies as well.
Lindz253 likes this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 20th, 2012, 10:50 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I agree with Rebecca. I am so sorry for anyone who has been through that.

October 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree. It is very disheartening. I feel so terrible for those mama's and scared mine wont last . I hope it turns around soon and we don't have anymore! I am sick about it!!

October 20th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Super Mommy
I have been shocked by how many losses there have been too I always knew that miscarriages happened but I didnt realize how common they actually are...
October 20th, 2012, 11:43 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I have never experienced a loss, but I think forums like JM are a good place for women to find the support that they might not get from friends and family that don't know what to say or how to act after a loss.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was totally unaware of how many people had losses until I joined jm and had my own loss. It is terrible!

October 20th, 2012, 12:39 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking the same thing actually. There are soooooo many ladies here with recent losses, its crazy!!! Hopefully we all get sticky beans!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 20th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Lauren
Though I would rather none of had to deal with the pain of miscarriage, it is a blessing of sorts to be in a DDC with so many other ladies who understand what it is like to go through one. With that said, massive amounts of sticky dust for us all!
TeresaV likes this.
October 20th, 2012, 01:59 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurhob View Post
Though I would rather none of had to deal with the pain of miscarriage, it is a blessing of sorts to be in a DDC with so many other ladies who understand what it is like to go through one. With that said, massive amounts of sticky dust for us all!
I couldn't agree with you more. The best support comes from someone who has been in your shoes.

October 20th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not surprised at so many losses in general but i'm surprised about how many are concentrated in one group of ladies. I agree, I hope these June babies all stick and that we're all going to get through this with healthy babies in our arms in the summer time it's nice to be around others who have been through something similar to yourself

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 20th, 2012, 03:01 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy, and from the beginning I've been terrified of a miscarriage. I know it's very common early in pregnancy, and especially in first pregnancies, but reading about all the losses these women have had and even the ladies that have had a loss since they joined this DDC has really hit home for me. I'm so thankful every day that I don't have any complications. I can't imagine what it's like to have a loss, but it breaks my heart to hear about them. I hope we all are lucky enough to get through the next 9 months without any major complications. It's nice to know there's somewhere to go where people understand what you're going through, though.

October 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I joined JM right after my 1st loss. It was the most amazing support group and some remarkable strong women. The Trying to Concieve and pregnant after a loss were my life lines in the 6 months between pregnancies. Then my Dec 2010 DDC rocks! Most of us are still together.

JM is a very supportive environment compared to a lot of forums, so I think women who are grieving tend to stay. Well, women I'm general tend to stick around here
For long periods of time.

Kat
October 20th, 2012, 06:44 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not really surprised. I have quite a few friend IRL and online that has suffered a miscarriage. Plus, JM's is amazing! There are incredibly supportive women on this site.

October 20th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really surprised. I thought when I had my first m/c that I didn't know anyone who had gone through it, I was wrong. It was a horrible experience, but knowing how many people have gone through it made me feel like it wasn't my fault (because of course I thought of all the reasons why I caused it.). I found out this statistic the other day "women whose 1st born is a boy are more likely to have subsequent miscarriages." The article may have said why they thought this may be true but I forget. I just found this interesting. I wonder what the statistics are after having three boys!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search