Totally forgot I was pregnant for a minute...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By TeresaMomTo2Boys
  • 1 Post By laurenicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2012, 03:31 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So yesterday at work (I work in an assisted living facility) they had an social that included a meat and cheese tray among other things. When the activities are over, the employees are welcome to have any food that is left over. I was offered some and took a few cubes of cheese and a few slices of pepperoni. Ate them without thinking, then later realized that uncooked pepperoni is on the no-no list. I didn't realize this until later in the evening, though. I felt bad. I know that a few slices isn't going to hurt anything, but it still made me feel silly for forgetting that I wasn't supposed to eat it. This pregnancy has consumed my life since I found out about it, but somehow it completely slipped my mind that I shouldn't eat pepperoni.

October 20th, 2012, 03:41 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am one to believe everything is ok in moderation. The no lunch meat thing is one I don't really follow. I am sure you will be fine.
lil_fishy and bribugg13 like this.

October 20th, 2012, 03:55 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That happened to me the other day. I ordered a Cuban sandwich (which has turkey on it), ate half of it, then threw the rest away when I realized it. I was so bummed, too, because it was amazingly good.

October 20th, 2012, 04:17 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No lunch meat is by far my most hated pregnancy rule. I'm not super anal about it but I do avoid it in the first trimester. After that, I'll sneak a turkey sandwich here and there. It's one of the only foods that doesn't sound disgusting when I'm pregnant.

I think you were totally fine with a few slices of pepperoni. I'd be much more worried about poultry or something, even though I know it's listeria we're looking out for and that can be in any kind of ready-to -eat food. Don't beat yourself up about it!

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 20th, 2012, 04:20 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I do the moderation thing too. I was in Turkey last week and ate food that I wasn't entirely sure what it was. Oh well! Now that I'm home I'll try a little harder with my caffeine consumption and deli meats
October 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I still eat deli meats I just make sure I warm them up in the oven or micro before eating them. And sometimes its unavoidable and I end up eating some cold on a sandwich for lunch when i'm at school

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 20th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess I forgot about the lunch eat thing. I haven't been reading the books this time & nobody tells you these things when it's your fourth time around.

October 20th, 2012, 07:40 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sure you are fine! I just got back from dinner and got hot wings I got about half way through before I realized I was eating it with blue cheese dressing It happens!
eshute likes this.

October 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe I've never heard it but since when can you not have lunch meat? I eat turkey and ham sandwiches a lot and my drs have never told me no lunch meat
Nattie84 likes this.

October 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
How To Cook Lunchmeat When You're Pregnant | LIVESTRONG.COM for anyone who might want to read it

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 20th, 2012, 08:09 PM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
Blue cheese dressing if you're in the US was more than likely okay. It just has to be pasteurized and I've been to three different restaurants since finding out I'm pregnant and ordered blue cheese after making sure it's pasteurized. I think you only have to worry if it's been imported because that may not be pasteurized, but it's rare that it's imported.
MrsLat likes this.
October 21st, 2012, 08:23 AM
Super Mommy
I have never had my dr say no lunch meat weird

October 21st, 2012, 09:02 AM
Oh wow. I thought that was just a standard thing. My dr told me the day I had my walk-in urine preg test and it was positive. I already knew from my sister being pregnant twice, but she told me that it needs to be thoroughly cooked.

October 21st, 2012, 01:45 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I managed to have five healthy babies before I ever heard of the "no lunch meat" rule. I wonder how many people actually get sick from pepperoni compared to, say, food poisoning outbreaks because of contaminated peanut butter or packaged salad?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
That's a good question. I'm sure the number of people that actually get sick from lunch meat while pregnant is low, but the chance is still there. I guess that's why it has stuck over the years. I'm fine with staying away from most things like hot dogs and most lunch meat...but I LOVE pepperoni. Haha. I'll have to get some sometime and just remember to heat it up, I guess.

October 21st, 2012, 02:22 PM
Super Mommy
I guess I need to ask my dr

October 21st, 2012, 11:15 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ate tons of pepperoni while I was pg with DD....I consider it a pizza topping tho not a lunchmeat! Lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search