Anything Different This Time Around?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2012, 05:51 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you are first time mommy, you may not be able to answer but you can read/follow along and get advice, ideas, etc.

For those that are already mommies....is there anything you will do different this time around?

With Aidan my OB told me I would not be able to breastfeed...I see nothing wrong with my girls! LOL Also because my DH at the time (divorced now) was working evenings, I bottle fed Aidan so my DH could do something to bond with him as well. I think this time around I will give BFing a chance. I will try it out!

Also with Aidan I was using regular disposable diapers. Can't say I will try cloth diapers but maybe as the baby gets older I may try (when I know the messes won't be so grand! HA!)

So...what would you do different....if anything?

October 20th, 2012, 05:59 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Good question! I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I will be doing differently. Although we didn't start cloth diapering Connor until he was about 6 months, and now we'll be starting from day 1 with the new baby. I will still EBF for as long as possible with the new baby as well.

I may take a different approach when it comes to solids with the new baby, but haven't quite decided. With Connor, we waited until he was about 6 months and then introduced soft finger foods, like avocado and sweet potato. It was a modified version of baby led weaning. Although, I should probably chalk up the problems to Connor's developmental delays, he didn't really start eating "real" food until well after his first birthday!

I'm interested to see what others answers are!

October 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD we didn't start cloth diapering until she was 4 months; this time we'll start right away. And actually, it's easier at least with BF babies because the poop is completely water soluble--just put it in the wet bag and wash, no fuss. I found they also hold in runny poops a LOT more reliably than disposables. If that helps sway you any.

We'll approach solids a lot differently. With DD I was super anxious about feeding and messes, and I think she picked up on that and didn't want to eat. She's always been super picky and there was a while where our ped was really concerned because she wasn't eating solids at all and fell off the growth chart completely when she started walking. It's a little better now but she's still crazy picky and she's still very small. We may try baby led weaning next time.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 20th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since my youngest is only 8 months old, I can't imagine doing anything different from how I did things for him. He was my third so I may have figured things out by now. But every baby is different. Ds3 is the only one who of my boys who didn't want anything to do with a binkie which has been great! He's such a good baby I just hope #4 is as agreeable.

October 20th, 2012, 07:46 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am jumpin in on the cloth wagon diaper this baby

I am also reallly interested in trying baby sign language this baby!

October 20th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping to be promoted to full-time SAHM That's a big difference.

I intend on teaching my new LO the sign for "please" first instead of "more". My little greedy pig is stuck on more and won't learn any new signs! So I figure that if this one will get stuck on a single sign it should be a polite one, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

October 20th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I still plan on BFing like I did with DD. I'm definitely planning on buying FAR fewer items. There were so many silly things I had for DD that were completely unnecessary and waste of money. I *might* get a crib this time but i'm not sure. DD has a sleep disorder, and never slept anyway so I always had her in bed with me and still do a lot of the time, but if I can swing it, i'd like this baby to start sleeping in a crib around 6 months (still in our room)

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 21st, 2012, 03:37 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping to breastfeed this time around, I tried but never got it with my other too, I get too easily stressed and nervous. REALLY not giving up this time.

And I'm hoping to cloth diaper as well

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 21st, 2012, 04:05 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I EBF before and I plan to do that again. I never cloth diapered but I plan to this time. I also agree with buying less "stuff". We have a 2 bedroom house and so baby will be in our room. Maddie was in our room too, but she had a nursery that I decorated. I feel back that this baby will not have a decorated nursery, even if they won't use it. LOL

October 21st, 2012, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not anything major. I would like to be more diligent with putting baby back into his/her co-sleeper after we get done nursing at night. I bed shared a long time with my last son and while I enjoy it, it got to be a little much particularly with having to wake up super early for work.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
October 21st, 2012, 06:26 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Ooh yes, I'll probably change the sleeping arrangements as well. Connor ended up bed sharing with us, and still does. We've finally managed to have him sleeping mostly on his mattress next to our bed now. Hopefully by the time baby gets here he will be sleeping in his own room. We'll definitely start the transition for baby sooner, I'm thinking around 6m, but still in our room. I do like having Connor close. And we'll use the No-Cry Sleep Solution sooner as well! Connor didn't STTN until he was 2! It's definitely something I wish I had found sooner for him!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search