Anyone on nausea meds?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By felicia_alexis

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2012, 07:21 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
When I saw OB last week she asked if I wanted Diclectin. My nausea wasn't THAT bad then, and quite frankly after my m/c I was actually happy I was feeling nauseated haha But....this past couple of days have been horrible. I have to lay in bed for at least 15 mins before getting up or i'll throw up and the nausea has slowly been consuming my entire day (first it was just morning and evening) and now it's all morning, most of the afternoon, all evening and I wake up wanting to throw up at night. I don't actually throw up all that often but I wish I did because then maybe i'd feel better!!!

I'm strongly considering the meds now.....I get up at 5:30 and get breakfast and DD ready, drive her to school and race back home to get on the subway to go downtown to my classes. It sounds silly but I really don't have time to feel this sick all the time! haha My schedule has to continue as planned regardless of how I feel. I'm only a bit worried that my sense of relief that this is a healthy pregnancy (hardly any nausea with the m/c) from feeling so crappy will be gone and somehow that will just escalate the anxiety. Any experiences?

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Last edited by Kalynas_Mom; October 21st, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
October 21st, 2012, 07:49 AM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
I'm on Zofran and I was dying these last two and half weeks, lost 9 pounds, couldn't keep anything down. I have to say that I am getting my strength back now slowly but I'm now able to keep things down.

October 21st, 2012, 07:53 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm having absolutely NO nausea or sickness this time, but last time I was considering meds i felt SO horrible! Hope you can get something to take some of the nausea away so you can function!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 21st, 2012, 08:01 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
thanks ladies.

sweety - I know its not rational to associate 'healthy' with nausea haha I think the only reason I do that is because of how sick I was with DD. I know logically that every pregnancy is different and just because I had no nausea last time, that wasn't necessarily my indication that something was wrong (as you said your previous healthy pg's and this one you have none at all ) its just a silly thing in my head

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 21st, 2012, 08:55 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally get it LOL I'm kinda thinking in my head that maybe NOT being sick means healthy pregnancy for me! But I know that all pregnancies can be different.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 21st, 2012, 09:33 AM
Super Mommy
I am not to badso far but still early. with my youngest I was on zofran like candy the whole pregnancy and was still sick
briellelynette likes this.

October 21st, 2012, 10:58 AM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take Zofran! Its so worth it! I took it with my last pregnancy too. It makes me more constipated but its better then being sick all the time to me.
October 21st, 2012, 11:12 AM
I take zofran as needed and the Dr gave that to me when I got my pregnancy confirmed with my GP. I had horrible nausea with DS but never threw up until labor. I only take it when I have no other choice but it is wonderful and since it is a dissolvable tablet you put under your tounge it works really fast!!
October 21st, 2012, 11:23 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just started taking zofran and fenagrin (sp?). The past week has been absolutely miserable. I couldn't even keep water down. I was sick all day long and was waking up in the middle of the night to throw up. I had lost 10lbs and was getting very weak and dizzy from not being able to eat. Yesterday I was able to eat more in one day than I had in the entire last week. So far, I'm thinking this was a wonderful idea.

October 21st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Veteran
My doc gave me phenegran. I take one at 7 pm and one at about 3 am and this helps me not vomit all morning and afternoon long. I'm still nauseous all day but not as severe and I don't throw up. Only thing that is terrible is the grogginess. I only take it during the week to get me through work, weekends I try not to since I have more liberty to be lazy. I'm also on oral progesterone twice a day so I have to keep that down. My DH asked me last night after throwing up if I had been this sick with DS would I have been willing to have a 2nd and I said yes.... After thinking for a sec lol.

October 21st, 2012, 03:30 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am on phenergan. I have been on it for a long time for other reasons, but the doctor just told me to stay on it... (I am already sooo miserable and vomiting constantly literally almost set me over the edge, to the point I didn't know if I was going to make it through the pregnancy ) Yes, there is a little bit of risk, but for me it is the only way I am going to be able to eat for the next 6 weeks. So for me it is worth it!

A little side note for you... Dilectin is a mix of B6 and unisom. Try 1 B6 and 1/2 Unisom. You could try taking it now until you get into the doctor to see if it helps! If it does you can get a prescription, if it doesn't you can see if there is a stronger med. Hope that helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search