two middle names?!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By SuperMom2013

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2012, 08:47 AM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
Every time I tell someone that my youngest daughter has two middle names they always look at me funny. Our kids names r carefully picked n chosen for a reason. Our oldest was named by both of her grandmothers. My mother picked her first name n my husband mother picked her middle name (which I really don't care for but my husband put his foot down on that ) now my chipmunk middle names came from her aunts. My sister n the husband sister who both passed away. It was something him & I bonded over. We both lost sisters at a young age due to heart problems. Since we didn't see us having another girl lol we gave her both names but wanted her to have her own first name. Now every time I write her name on forms r tell someone they act like WOW really two middle names. I know there are more kids out there with two middle names, why r they acting like this. Btw my side of the family has a tradition of having two middle names. Out of my mom 6 kids 3 have two middle names so I never found it strange.

October 21st, 2012, 08:58 AM
Regular
My mother has two middle names. I never found anything weird about it.
October 21st, 2012, 09:03 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a dear friend whose daughter has two first names. And then a middle. To each his own!
October 21st, 2012, 09:34 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My youngest sister has two middle names. She was originally supposed to have just one but my grandfather passed away right before she was born so James was added as a second middle name as a tribute to him. I always thought that was really cool. Out of my 8 siblings, she's the only one with 2 middle names so the rest of us were kinda jealous lol.
Honestlymonique likes this.

October 21st, 2012, 10:14 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I think it's cool. I think Uma Thurman just had a baby and gave it 5 names
October 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM
DS has 2 middle name. His name is Gage (all his) Alan (Dad's middle name) Christopher (My Uncle who passed in 04's middle name.) LO will have 2 middle names as well. I have gotten a few questions but the way I see it is it's my child, it's my choice. I think it's cool!!! The people who ask questions are just jealous because they can't be cool enough to have two middle names. LOL
Honestlymonique likes this.
October 21st, 2012, 10:23 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My best friend has four middle names. I like it.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

October 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH has two middle names and I actually think it's pretty cool.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
October 21st, 2012, 11:48 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My 3rd child has 2 middle names because my uncle passed away while I was pregnant with him. And we were attached to his other middle name so we just added it. So he is Everett Michael Cole.

October 21st, 2012, 12:35 PM
Silvinsky's Avatar Member
Here in Italy, we usually choose only one name for our child, somebody decides to call their baby with 2 names but the majority has only one
However, we can choose only one on birth certificate and then add one another name during the baptism, but the name of baptism is symbolic and remains merely on the documents of the church. Legally valid, always and only, the name of the Registry.
October 21st, 2012, 12:36 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If we have a son again he will have 2 middle names as my father just passed away so we are going to use it along with William which is my FIL and DH's grandfather's name.
October 21st, 2012, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's cool, especially since its family names that have meaning.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
October 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
I have two middle names so I don't think it's weird
October 21st, 2012, 07:30 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
peeking in from the May DDC, to say that I have two middle names after my grandmothers and DD also has two middle names after her grandmothers. I love it. This baby will have two middle names also. Most comments I get are that it's different and neat. Maybe people are afraid to say that it's weird to my face!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search