how did u meet your s/o.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
I was 15 when we were first introduced. He was friend of a family member. I am not ashamed to say I COULD NOT STAND HIM. He was a cocky something. I thought he was a "playa" lol and after we irked each other to death I decided to try to hook him up with a friend(he was always around gettin on my nerves so I thought this way he would have something else to do) . I was seeing someone at the time. Well my family moved away (from GA back to MS) n two years later we moved right back. When we moved back I end up seeing him again, this time I was like "o goodness he's cute now" besides that we still irked each other. When I say we are opposite we r SO OPPOSITE. So one day b4 we could get into it he just kissed me. It was a GOOD kiss n I told him "no this would never work, & I don't want a relationship". Well to make a long story short we always seem to end up around each other n attraction grew n after asking me out two times n getting turn down he started to flirt with another girl n I quickly snapped him up n told him he's taken. Lol 10 years later here we r. Married with kids n still irk each other. People r like ya'll argue about everything y r ya'll together but its not really arguing to us n we always make up if we do.
Btw his hometown is where we stay now in mobile, Al 30mins away from mine in MS. We never met here n somehow found each other in GA

Tell me your story. I love hearing how people got together

October 21st, 2012, 03:12 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
Blind date! I couldn't stand DH when I first met him either. Things sure changed

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 21st, 2012, 03:24 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He was the HR Trainer where I got my first job... Utah's Hogle Zoo! He did my sexual harrassment training... little did he know I was cyber stalking him on Facebook and totally checking out his butt when he walked by I was hoping for a little quid-pro-quo if ya know what I mean! haha just kidding!!

We knew each other for 3 years though before he actually started talking to me. He was soooo quiet, it was like awkward to be around him! I would avoid him bcause I didn't want that odd silence, ya know? Haha, but there was always an attraction from afar. Eventually he just opened up and we clicked immediately!
Honestlymonique likes this.

October 21st, 2012, 03:31 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
DH was actually my ride home from work (my boss set it up since she knew he lived near me). He emailed me and told me to meet him outside. And when I saw him I thought he was kind of cute so I said "Do you like tequila?" hahahaha and we went to the bar. Our rides home from work soon turned into rides TO work after breakfast
Honestlymonique likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 21st, 2012, 03:41 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dated his best friend 8th grade- junior year of hs. I ended up taking my DH to my sr prom and totally regretted asking him up until the day of prom. We've been together ever since.
October 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Regular
We met online dating.. I recognized him because I went to school with his younger brother.
October 21st, 2012, 03:45 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
8th grade Math class. =) Went on our first date and saw Deep Impact. LOL So funny and long ago. We were off and on throughout high school until senior year then inseperable.

October 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We met when I was 17 and just graduated high school and he was 16 with one more year left of high school. My friend worked at the local video store. One night me and a group of friends went to the store to harass our other friend. I decided to rent a movie and leave early. DH was at the register and gave me the rental for free after flirting a bit. A few days later I got his number from my friend that worked with him. I called him and asked him out on a date. We've been together now 12 years and married for 7.
October 21st, 2012, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We met through mutal friends when I went out one night with my sorority sisters. He was friends with a few of them and met us at the bar. We didn't end up going out on our first date until two weeks later because I told him he had three strikes aganist him...divorced, kid, and navy. At the time most guys in the navy I had met were huge jerks and I thought divorced and a less than 2 year old was a lot of baggage.

After our first date that was it, we never stopped talking and spent nearly every day he was home together. We were instant best friends. Divorced and kid is a lot of baggage but everyone has a past. I wouldn't trade our life together for anything.
October 21st, 2012, 04:51 PM
Super Mommy
Weactually were on a group date with other people and we ended up talking more but I continued to see that other guy and everytime we ended up in the same place we would hang out and talk the whole time and I stopped seeing that guy but still hung with the same group. I hadnt seen him in a week or so and ended up at the same bar and I just cornered him and started talking to him after hours of stealing his drinks and dancing and talking I told him he was taking me home and we have been together ever since lol. We have an odd start

October 21st, 2012, 05:48 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We met freshman year of college and were friends all throughout college and didnt date till after we graduated
October 21st, 2012, 06:00 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
DH and I met at work, at the time we were both working the same department. We "officially" met at the work Christmas party, I bought him a beer! lol

October 21st, 2012, 06:52 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were in French class sophomore year of high school (back in 2000) both had crushes on eachbotger butbeere dating other people at the time and graduated high school together. Lost touch, but found each other via Facebook summer of 2011 . After my divorced finalized in February 2012 we got together months later.

October 21st, 2012, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I were both taking this Astronomy class our first semester of college, and we had this ridiculous 3 pm on Friday Recitation in the observatory. We both showed up to the recitation an hour or so early, and were both sitting on the bench outside the room. DH turned to me, and said, "Are we going to be sitting here the whole time in silence or should we talk?" So we talked, and then that Monday we sat by each other in lecture. We didn't start dating for over a month, since we were both dating other people, and had to end those relationships first.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 21st, 2012, 06:59 PM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
HotorNot actually. He's the only person I ever talked to off that site... and only because we weren't that far apart. That was back in 04. I ended up moving away for a while but we kept in touch and started talking more and more. We did the whole LDR for a while, saw each other once or twice a month. Everyone said not to do a LDR... but if you want it to work, it will. We broke up once for a few months, but ended up back together and it's been kinda epic.
October 21st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Super Mommy
We met in a Yahoo chat room the night before Valentine's Day when I was 16. We talked for about 3 hours on the phone after talking for an hour online. We totally clicked. I met him at the mall the next day with a friend of mine. He was a total douche! I didn't like him and ditched him there. A week or so later I saw him at the same mall and we got to talking and got along much better. He gave me his number, somehow I lost it though. A few weeks after that he saw me walking with a group of friends downtown during a lunch break so he pulls over to the side of the road and is like "Hey! I know you!". Then goes on to berate me for not calling him. This time we both exchanged numbers and started hanging out strictly as friends. A few weeks later he kissed me after a whole day of flirting, it was so awkward! After we had been dating for 4 months, I did a lot of talking with my daddy and I convinced him to let me move out. We moved in together and here we are, almost 8 years later!
October 21st, 2012, 08:29 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Our story begins on June 17th, 2003. My friend and I were at the bowling alley just the two of us hanging out but it wasnt as fun as we expected it to be, it wasnt cosmic there were not very many people there so we decided to leave and head to a place called gameworks. Which was about 15/20 minutes away from where we already were but hey it was a Friday night we were 18 and had just graduated HS. When we walked into Gameworks I noticed this attractive guy playing a game next to the booth where you pay. I said to my friend hey he's kinda cute. So we walked in and started having a good time. Then I noticed that the guy from the front was staring at me and I keep finding him as well. Shortly before 10pm, Kyle finally approached me and asked if we wanted to play air hockey with him and his brother. Wendy and I did, but over the loud speaker they announced gameworks was now closed. (ugh) So Kyle left he walked away I really thought I was never going to see him again. As he was walking to his car with his brother in the opposite direction of where I was parked, I yelled out, "Gosh Wendy I guess he doesnt want my name or my number." As Wendy and I were getting into my truck their car pulled up beside us, he then asked for my name and number. As we were leaving the mall parking lot they pulled into a gas station and we turned around to pull in behind them. We chatted for a few and made plans to talk on the phone that night. During that conversation I found out how old he was, this whole time I thought he was older than me but turns out he was only 16. But I was willing to give him a shot, I had just turned 18 after all.

On June 18th, 2003 we had our first date. We went to the movies and saw Finding Nemo then we went to gameworks again to play some video games. Now since he had just turned 16 he didnt drive yet so his brother drove us and we have never lived that down in 9 years together.

October 21st, 2012, 11:31 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I met through his best friend. His best friend took me out to coffee and we soon realized that we would just be great friends but nothing more and he asked me well what kind of guy do you look for? I explained my dream man and he laughed and said you should meet my best friend then. Well later we were hanging out and his best friend who was also his roommate came in and i took one look at him and I just knew. I knew that I was gonna marry him one day. Well we are very happily married. And we owe it all to his best friend who also became my best friend. Who incidentally we lost last year(PTSD from war...left ignored by the VA he took his life) but we conceived on the one year anniversary of our friends death and I am due on his birthday. I dont think this is coincidence.
October 22nd, 2012, 12:03 AM
Silvinsky's Avatar Member
I met my husband one evening in November 2004 at the bar (here in Italy is a meeting place for people), I went to the bar with a friend and he and his friends. I went there to think about anything else, since at that time I was doing chemioterapy for hodgkin's lymphoma (at the time I had the wig because I had fallen all the hair).
We started talking, he offered me something to drink, I was 22 and he was 25. At first I didn't like him, in fact he took a while to convince me to go out one evening with him, then we found out we live about 6 km away and have other things in common and we started dating. The first official date was February 19, 2005 (in the meantime I had finished chemotherapy and radiotherapy also was finishing).
April 26, 2008 we got married, he's a great guy and then fell in love with me in a period of my life when I was not exactly in top of my form and beauty ... so he deserves me how!
The following year we had a wonderful baby girl.

I hope you understand what I wrote because there are some ways to say in Italian, and English completely change the meaning of the sentence!
princess136 likes this.

October 22nd, 2012, 12:03 AM
Silvinsky's Avatar Member
I met my husband one evening in November 2004 at the bar (here in Italy is a meeting place for people), I went to the bar with a friend and he and his friends. I went there to think about anything else, since at that time I was doing chemioterapy for hodgkin's lymphoma (at the time I had the wig because I had fallen all the hair).
We started talking, he offered me something to drink, I was 22 and he was 25. At first I didn't like him, in fact he took a while to convince me to go out one evening with him, then we found out we live about 6 km away and have other things in common and we started dating. The first official date was February 19, 2005 (in the meantime I had finished chemotherapy and radiotherapy also was finishing).
April 26, 2008 we got married, he's a great guy and then fell in love with me in a period of my life when I was not exactly in top of my form and beauty ... so he deserves me how!
The following year we had a wonderful baby girl.

I hope you understand what I wrote because there are some ways to say in Italian, and English completely change the meaning of the sentence!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search