Were you nursing at the time of conception?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 12:47 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
People keep telling me I'm having twins. Even my kids! There are no twins in either of our families and I don't think it's highly likely that there are actually 2 in there. But, I just read that a woman's chances of having identical twins is increased NINE times if she is breastfeeding @ the time of conception This statistic alone makes me paranoid that I'm going to have twins.

Just thought I'd share that tidbit of knowledge and pass around the paranoia

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

October 22nd, 2012, 01:51 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hehe, this makes me smile! If you want twins then I am sending you lots of twin dust!!

If not.. then I think it is still a pretty small chance!

Although.. it would be super fun to see someone have a set of identical twins!!! So you having a set would be so fun to be apart of in some small way! So secretly I will hope you get a pair

Last edited by MrsLat; October 22nd, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
October 22nd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Super Mommy
I wasnt and because we say 4 is plenty I fear I will have twins but so far I am not sick so doubt I am

October 22nd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
I am. DD is only 6 months old. I will *excuse my language* **** my pants if I were to find out that I'm carrying twins.
October 22nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep def breastfeeding @ the time of conception and om also a twin which ups my chances! I would be thrilled but dh would probably have a heart attack!

October 22nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I've conceived a few times while nursing now, and never yet had twins. I think just about *every* pregnant woman thinks twins at one time or another.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 22nd, 2012, 09:31 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
lol how interesting! I was also nursing at the time of conception, however, twins don't run on either side of the family for us either. I would actually be excited and hopeful for twins! I'm probably the oddball on that ha, but I've always wanted 3 kids and if I can knock 2 out at once, that's even better!

October 22nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
I think just about *every* pregnant woman thinks twins at one time or another.
I agree. The chances of having twins is 1 in 33, which is not a huge number but not that small either. I just know it would be my luck to end up pregnant with twins for my 5th and last pregnancy lol.

October 22nd, 2012, 10:34 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Holy cow! I conceived while nursing!

October 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I was, but only 1x/d. And there is definitely only 1 baby in there right now.

October 22nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
I was actually surprised at the things that can increase a woman's chances of conceiving twins. Breastfeeding is obviously surprising since so many people think it prevents pregnancy. I also read that women who conceive on the pill are 5 times more likely to conceive twins. Taller women and women with a BMI of 30+ and women who have had 3 or more kids are more likely to have twins. And, apparently, the more dairy you consume and the older you are, the higher your odds of conceiving twins. I guess with such small odds to begin with, all of these factors don't increase your chances much, but it's still pretty interesting that so many different factors (that don't even seem to relate) can lead to a twin (or more!) pregnancy.

October 22nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I was nursing, I've had 3+ kids and I'm an "older" mom, but we know there is only one in there.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 22nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That's interesting that height plays a factor. I'm tall, twins run in my family, and DH is a twin. I doubt that I'm having more than one
October 22nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha, I was kind of the opposite. When I got pregnant, I was 18.. I am super short, no twins on any side, not doing fertility treatments... and I had them. It is a pretty crazy situation! It was a neat experience though!

October 22nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
lil_fishy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was nursing at conception and still am. She was eating 2-3 times a day, and have since dropped a feeding. If I have twins... omg, I would probably cry! I'm so short torsoed that I doubt I could even carry them!

October 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I am was still nursing at that time, but I had an u/s and there was only one, thank goodness!
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search